PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a fix for this...

DaveKDEN
January 25th, 2009, 12:26
Incorrectly displayed roof tops in FSX.

Roger
January 25th, 2009, 12:45
No Dave and in the recently released autogen replacement files there is a disclaimer that even the replacements in certain areas suffer the same problem.

Bjoern
January 25th, 2009, 12:45
I think no.

As far as I know, this bug is not fixable by user intervention.

cheezyflier
January 25th, 2009, 13:48
i have a couple of factories where tres are growing through the roof. i thought it was pretty funny

Piglet
January 25th, 2009, 14:38
i have a couple of factories where tres are growing through the roof. i thought it was pretty funny

Cool! Like those wartime factories that had fake cities atop thier roofs.

DaveKDEN
January 25th, 2009, 15:21
Well, the culprit is the separate roof xxx.dds files located in the main texture folder (e.g., roof_North_America_North.dds, roof_North_America_South, etc...). Seems it's a texture file that's used by autogen buildings from houses to large warehouse style buildings. The top right section of the affected file(s) has default texturing for the side of a house's roof. Unfortunately, the same texture appears on the top of everything from select small office buildings to large warehouses. Not sure why MS coded the autogen in such a way, but it should've been caught in beta testing (IMHO). Also unfortunately, the only way to prevent the incorrect texture from appearing on the top of the building is to do a little editing to the affected files to replace the default texturing with something more appropriate for a building top. In doing so, now the side of the roof of houses has the texturing of the top of an office building. Crazy! Sorry folks, I can't figure out an easy fix for this that doesn't involve re-coding auto-gen files and the texture they use. That skill is completely out of my league.

cheezyflier
January 26th, 2009, 06:17
Cool! Like those wartime factories that had fake cities atop thier roofs.

in seattle, boeing covered their entire factory:

http://www.taphilo.com/history/WWII/USAAF/Boeing/H302-5.jpg

CodyValkyrie
January 26th, 2009, 06:55
I noticed this problem when I had ORBX enabled in areas other than Australia. For example, with it on, flying in Seattle. When I turned it off, the textures returned to normal.

grunau_baby
January 26th, 2009, 07:29
Strangely it only occurs in FSX in my AS VFR1 Germany West install. Withut the addon no problems with this bug. I remember it was mentioned on the Aersosoft forums that it could not be cured within the Addon, but is a FSX problem dealing with the generic buildings (at least when certain addons are applied).

Alex