PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR penalizes crew members, not drivers after Texas fight

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2014, 18:55
I really don't have anything to say one way or the other with this...
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-penalizes-crew-members-not-drivers-after-texas-fight-110414

Terry
November 5th, 2014, 01:10
To me it means personal fist fights are okay but no riots or melees by the crews. I find that acceptable.

stansdds
November 5th, 2014, 01:57
Yep, selective application of rules. I am growing tired of NASCAR as a racing organization and their antics. I fear the last two races may become high-speed demolition derbies. The media will lap it up, tv ratings will go up and then NASCAR can create more mayhem in the coming seasons. I hope I'm wrong.

Blood_Hawk23
November 5th, 2014, 04:04
I think they should use hockey rules for fighting.

I agree that NASCAR has become tiresome. Its high time they focus on the racing and less on new rule creation. Or how to destroy yet another season. What ever happened to taking two cars and driving them as fast as you can. I miss the old days. Which is strange cuz I'm not that old, LOL. Some where along the line the meaning of Stock Car racing has been lost.

Terry
November 5th, 2014, 05:15
One must always keep in mind the rule rule which is, "why did you make that rule? because we can, that's why".

Panther_99FS
November 5th, 2014, 16:03
Brian France:

'Welcome to big-time sports with big moments'

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/brian-france-on-texas-tussle-welcome-to-big-time-sports-with-big-moments-110514

stansdds
November 6th, 2014, 01:58
I don't think Brian France is helping NASCAR. I've seen this before with businesses that are handed down to succeeding generations. To the founders, the business is one of their children, usually given priorities normally reserved for the first born. When it is handed down to a child, the second generation may carry on with it, but will begin making changes, some good, some not so good. When it is handed down to the third generation, they have no grasp of what it took to establish the business, the struggles, the mistakes made, so they change a lot of things and often destroy the business.

Panther_99FS
November 6th, 2014, 18:32
I don't think Brian France is helping NASCAR. I've seen this before with businesses that are handed down to succeeding generations. To the founders, the business is one of their children, usually given priorities normally reserved for the first born. When it is handed down to a child, the second generation may carry on with it, but will begin making changes, some good, some not so good. When it is handed down to the third generation, they have no grasp of what it took to establish the business, the struggles, the mistakes made, so they change a lot of things and often destroy the business.

We talkin' Brian France or Tony George here? :wink:

Ferry_vO
November 7th, 2014, 04:08
Yep, selective application of rules. I am growing tired of NASCAR as a racing organization and their antics. I fear the last two races may become high-speed demolition derbies. The media will lap it up, tv ratings will go up and then NASCAR can create more mayhem in the coming seasons. I hope I'm wrong.

Until a driver gets killed, or even worse some people inb the crowd.

Bloody idiots, grow up and act your age!

glh
November 7th, 2014, 04:24
When Danica and Johanna put on their NASCAR bikinis and get into the grease pit and duke it out,
this sport will have lost all relevance.

wombat666
November 7th, 2014, 05:28
We talkin' Brian France or Tony George here? :wink:

Just what I was thinking!:encouragement:

Ferry_vO
November 7th, 2014, 05:49
When Danica and Johanna put on their NASCAR bikinis and get into the grease pit and duke it out,
this sport will have lost all relevance.

Now that is a Nascar event I would find worth watching! :encouragement: