PDA

View Full Version : New to DCS

Odie
November 4th, 2014, 08:36
Hey all,

Wanting to dip my toe into the DCS world.

I already have the stand-alone A-10C product. Should I download the base DCS module, install it, and then the A-10C; or vice-versa? Or does it matter who goes first?

Thanks,
Odie

arrowmaker
November 5th, 2014, 09:31
You need to install DCS World first then add the modules later. If the A-10C you have is the standalone PC DVD version then I don't believe it's compatible with DCS World. However, I'm not 100% certain about this. Might be worth your while checking out the ED Forums.

http://forums.eagle.ru/index.php

Just read that you can use the box activation key to activate the download version. May be worth trying.

Odie
November 5th, 2014, 10:51
Thanks Arrow, I'll head over there and do some recon. Thanks for the link!

Victory103
November 6th, 2014, 05:30
I had A-10C first prior to DCS World coming out. Installed and everything works fine especially now that the updater will update all the installed modules you have in World. I also have Flaming Cliffs 3 that interfaces within World as well. Working an Direct X issue now, but MP works great and you get to see all the new beta models in game even if you do not own them.

Obie311
December 31st, 2014, 20:44
I'm new to DCS World too. I downloaded all six of the files from DCS and apparently installed OK. I get the program to open and I try to do an easy flight with the TF-51 or the SU-25. It starts loading but never opens the aircraft. I get a "debriefing file not found" screen and when I click OK it goes back to the splash screen. I thought the SU25 and TF51 were included with the basic free DCS World download. Do I need to download some other modules or buy something to get it to work? I have a pretty low spec system and I wanted to see how it would run before I bought into the whole program.