PDA

View Full Version : ai aircraft makemdl.parts question

this4dave2
November 4th, 2014, 05:37
Hi:

I posted this yesterday on the FS 2002/2004 General Discussion Forum and I think it should have been posted here I hope it is alright that i repost it here.

I am working on an ai aircraft and i was wondering if it is possible to have a part animate or disappear at a given time and not appear again until the aircraft lands and shuts down using XML code to do it. If any body can help with an answer and the xml code that will do this i would appreciate it.

I tried to use external or tip tanks fuel depletion as a trigger to no avail it appears that ai aircraft never runs out of fuel so the external or tip tanks never become empty is it true or am i missing something.

If any body has an ideas how to make external or tip tanks to deplete its fuel with XML code so i can use it as a trigger it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help
David

Dev One
November 4th, 2014, 07:46
I'm not sure that you are correct in saying that AI aircraft do not run out of fuel. I've just flown my Jindivik AI (which is in reality a modified FS9 model, in that it has no panel .cfg) & when fuel depleted the engine stopped.

Not quite sure at the moment how to create a XML for tip or aux tank empty - will need to study the SDK.
So not a lot of help at the moment, but if I get a spark of inspiration will let you know.
Keith

[edit]
Just had a thought....no matter what I try to do with fuel valves, when starting the engines the valve always goes to 'ALL', & I have not found the logic which might be built into the FS9 engine. I also find that no matter what tank I select if I have Aux tanks, the Aux tanks always empty first - another built in logic I think! So possibly your tip tanks won't empty first no matter what you do, but you could try renaming them? Maybe I've got this wrong too....
K

Blood_Hawk23
November 5th, 2014, 12:12
have you looked at the air and cfg files. If you have an AI that will use its fuel and stop the engine then see what its airfile and CFG are set at. then maybe you can get the rest to work.

Other wise i think it would have to be modeled in to the key frame. or at the very lease scasm edited. I could be wrong.

what is it exactly that you want to do?

this4dave2
November 5th, 2014, 12:56
I'm not sure that you are correct in saying that AI aircraft do not run out of fuel. I've just flown my Jindivik AI (which is in reality a modified FS9 model, in that it has no panel .cfg) & when fuel depleted the engine stopped.

Not quite sure at the moment how to create a XML for tip or aux tank empty - will need to study the SDK.
So not a lot of help at the moment, but if I get a spark of inspiration will let you know.
Keith

[edit]
Just had a thought....no matter what I try to do with fuel valves, when starting the engines the valve always goes to 'ALL', & I have not found the logic which might be built into the FS9 engine. I also find that no matter what tank I select if I have Aux tanks, the Aux tanks always empty first - another built in logic I think! So possibly your tip tanks won't empty first no matter what you do, but you could try renaming them? Maybe I've got this wrong too....
K

Thanks for your input.
I to will keep trying to figure it out

David

this4dave2
November 5th, 2014, 13:02
have you looked at the air and cfg files. If you have an AI that will use its fuel and stop the engine then see what its airfile and CFG are set at. then maybe you can get the rest to work.

Other wise i think it would have to be modeled in to the key frame. or at the very lease scasm edited. I could be wrong.

what is it exactly that you want to do?

have not found an ai aircraft yet that runs out of fuel to compare but will try to keep.

what it is i want to do is have the external/tip tanks drop off when empty hope fully animated or just disappear but that would prefer animated but disappear would be ok.

thanks for your help
David

Dev One
November 5th, 2014, 23:01
Dave,
First order thought then is use Tip Tank quantity 0 < as the trigger & then 'endcap_l_wing_fold' as name for the tip tank, it should then disappear.
Have you tried that already though?
Keith

tgibson
November 6th, 2014, 08:21
I don't believe that any of the fuel quantity variables will work with AI aircraft - they only apply to the aircraft you are flying.

And if you "flew" an AI aircraft yourself, then it was not an AI aircraft, but a flyable aircraft. These run out of fuel, of course. AI aircraft don't. You can have an AI Cessna fly from California to London and it will make it fine, nonstop. Fuel doesn't even figure into the flight dynamics - they always fly using the empty_weight value.

this4dave2
November 6th, 2014, 15:27
I don't believe that any of the fuel quantity variables will work with AI aircraft - they only apply to the aircraft you are flying.

And if you "flew" an AI aircraft yourself, then it was not an AI aircraft, but a flyable aircraft. These run out of fuel, of course. AI aircraft don't. You can have an AI Cessna fly from California to London and it will make it fine, nonstop. Fuel doesn't even figure into the flight dynamics - they always fly using the empty_weight value.

Hi
that what was my understanding with reference to the fuel. I have tried altitude to have the drop but when dropping below the trigger altitude the reappear could not figure out how to make them stay gone until next flight of the ai aircraft when ever it is scheduled to fly again to no avail

if you happen to have any idea's i would appreciate them

thanks
David