PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Texas..

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2014, 15:13
Another Gordon disappointment for a fan like me......Oh well....

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2014, 15:16
Didn't see that shove coming from Harvick to Keselowski.

Oh well, at least Gordon is still in it (I think)...

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2014, 15:20
Didn't see that shove coming from Harvick to Keselowski.

Oh well, at least Gordon is still in it (I think)...

Looks like I stand corrected....I guess that was a #24 crew member...
As Jeff said, good to see Jimmie win though!

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2014, 15:25
Looks like I stand corrected....I guess that was a #24 crew member...
As Jeff said, good to see Jimmie win though!

LoL I stand corrected yet again - it was Harvick...
Good win by Jimmie.....I expect even more fights at the next race...

Daveroo
November 2nd, 2014, 15:35
it was harvick who snuck in and shoved bad brad..harvick was standing at the back of the 2 car...moved over and gave brad a shove into gordon and the meylee..the crewman from the 5 team (look at the great clips guy goin after brad..and i saw a yellow suit throwin punches.

i know this will cause problems here..but brad never see's what he did wrong..its allways.." i race 100% and i go for it"..fine..but he uses other people up like they dont belong there...if he doesnt start using comman sense and back off sometimes..hes going to get hurt..or possibly killed...and sliced bread is in the same line as well.

he says he got put into the stands..well thats not true..and ed is allways saying carls actions were criminal...they werent..he wrecked him yes..but did he mean to flip him like that?..no.he even said he was surprised by it...but go back to what started that..talledega...all brad had to do was lift a bit..probably would have been a hero for doing the right thing..but no..he just went flat footed into carls car and injured several people in the stands...so why wasnt that a criminal act ??

again..brad doesnt clean up his driving..hes going to get hurt...

EasyEd
November 2nd, 2014, 17:17
Hey All,

I'm really happy Jimmie won and more than that I'm happy that it appears the chevys had real speed today - fords have been dominant all year it seems but today the chevy's stepped up. My gut feel is all Hendrick engine users worked together to combine "factors" to give the hendrick chevy's real speed to match the fords.

All 8 drivers are still in it with only 6 points separating the 4th from the 8th positions. It'll be a donnybrook next week.

Lets be absolutely clear. Jeff is at fault - no question about it at all. Watch the video of that restart at NASCAR - Brad had better tires and a run and Jeff clearly came down the track and hit Brad - no question - absolutely not the other way around. When Jeff sees the video I believe he will admit it.

I am astonished at Kevin shoving Brad and still don't get it. Kevin should be better than that - some of that Oildale (wrong side of the tracks Bakersfield - I know I lived in Bakersfield) coming out in him. Richard or NASCAR needs to tell Kevin to settle the he!! down - and Kevin is one of my guys.

I like Brad more every week. he does give way to other cars when it don't matter but late in the race he gives nothing to nobody - I like that - absolutely the way it should be and I have no doubt what so ever Jeff will agree after seeing the tape.

In the other beat up on Ed thread I posted a youtube discussion of the 79 Daytona 500 "fight". In seeing that again I was struck by the look on Donnie Allison's face while wearing that Alabama Gang (look it up) hat when he said Cale was not going to pass him - Cale didn't. This is the kind of spirit that NASCAR drivers are made of. Brad has that spirit only not defensively but offensively - I like that just as I like Donnie Allison. On a side note the greatest NASCAR driver that never was was Davey. An just for fun no NASCAR driver has a better record running the Indy 500 and then the Coke 600 than Donnie Allison - he could flat drive.

Now we can all agree that Roger will speak to Brad about it being more "proper" and important to Roger's reputation to let Jeff go. Right?

Anyway Dave Brad who had position drove through Carl to win a race - Carl drove through Brad for nothing but Carl.

Next week will be something.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2014, 17:54
I like Brad more every week.
-Ed-

I'll hold comment until a non-biased person gives a perspective.

Daveroo
November 2nd, 2014, 18:22
ok Ed...im not going to beat up on you anymore..i had a change of mind about you after you posted on another thread thats not here in the racin one....but i will say we deffinantly view brad in two seperate lights..i see a hungery youngman trying to "prove" something anyway he can..and you see him as a hungry youngman willing to race hard to win..and i admit he is a good driver..he does have that "thing" that makes him a winner...but i just think he needs to use his ablities differantly

no one pick on my spelling please..im tired...lol

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2014, 18:35
Early in his career, Jeff Gordon received "lessons" from Dale....Maybe Brad (who is an exceptionally skilled driver) needs some of the same lessons that Gordon received...

EasyEd
November 2nd, 2014, 19:12
Hey All,

Dave we do apparently see Brad differently. Nothing wrong with that - I fully respect that - differences of opinion are what make horseraces. On a different note - been getting any rain lately?

-Ed-

wombat666
November 2nd, 2014, 19:23
Early in his career, Jeff Gordon received "lessons" from Dale....Maybe Brad (who is an exceptionally skilled driver) needs some of the same lessons that Gordon received...

"Boys will be boys" ................... oh really?
This is not an excuse for bad behavior on track or off.
Must be something in the water.

Strange how one the very best V8 series drivers we have is only 21 (IIRC) and is wringing the neck of the Volvo, winning races and does so with a cool head.
Doesn't drive into the competition, usually brings the car home in very good shape and is well regarded by his peers and the fans.

Oddly enough, the reigning MotoGP World Champion is only 21, winning his first title last year at a mere 20 years old.
Brilliant racer, hard but IMHO very fair and a genuinely nice young man, respected and well liked by his peers even when he rides away from them.

I'd really like to see some of the really promising and talented younger drivers (Keselowski is one I like) get away from the NASCAR sphere of influence and have a serious drive in the V8 Supercar series.
Maybe, just maybe, Roger Penske might consider at least trialling a few of these young men whose talents are obscured by the apparent need to behave like Muppets on speed.
They're talents are wasted turning left all the time.
:encouragement:

Terry
November 3rd, 2014, 00:47
I'll hold comment until a non-biased person gives a perspective.

From my unbiased perspective, I wouldn't mind taking a swing at Brad given the opportunity. :a1310:

stansdds
November 3rd, 2014, 01:56
I do not understand why Jeff Gordon picked the outside lane for that last restart. He wasn't going to get any help like he did on the previous restart, why not start on the inside lane which was the fastest for restarts all day long. And then in the pits, Harvick pushes Brad into Jeff, then the fight is on. That's the sort of thing I would expect from a juvenile. Well, NASCAR wanted more excitement in the Chase, I guess they got it... it happens in the pits after the race, but the media is loving it.

Daveroo
November 3rd, 2014, 06:19
Hey All,

Dave we do apparently see Brad differently. Nothing wrong with that - I fully respect that - differences of opinion are what make horseraces. On a different note - been getting any rain lately?

-Ed-
yes Ed..we got 2.53" on the night of Oct 31/Nov1,was one of those gullywashers..then yesterday,the 2nd of Nov....we had 3 wildland fires in NYP only...i dont know what happened in other ranger units but i cant imagine it was much differant...this drought stinks...

Panther_99FS
November 3rd, 2014, 15:40
I do not understand why Jeff Gordon picked the outside lane for that last restart. He wasn't going to get any help like he did on the previous restart, why not start on the inside lane which was the fastest for restarts all day long. And then in the pits, Harvick pushes Brad into Jeff, then the fight is on. That's the sort of thing I would expect from a juvenile. Well, NASCAR wanted more excitement in the Chase, I guess they got it... it happens in the pits after the race, but the media is loving it.

stansdds,
Good point about Jeff's choice. Add to this that he also sucks on re-starts...Well, I knew it was over for him after the last caution LoL!:toilet_claw:

As far as Harvick is concerned, not sure what his objective was by pushing Brad but you're correct (IMHO), juvenile behavior...

And finally, you are correct yet again! NASCAR wanted more excitement and as you stated, it now happens in the pits...