PDA

View Full Version : Cool picture of a painting posted on Facebook

Navy Chief
November 2nd, 2014, 14:40
Just wanted to share:

Toastmaker
November 2nd, 2014, 14:46
Very impressive. The detail is remarkable.

gray eagle
November 2nd, 2014, 14:47
Nice picture NC,
If that is a sundown then those pilots are gonna count that trap as a night trap which at dusk they called a "Pinkie". :adoration:

Anthin
November 2nd, 2014, 17:37
Now that is beautiful.
Thanks Chief. Appreciated. It would make a great wallpaper.
What Carrier is that?

Regards Anthin.

ViperPilot2
November 5th, 2014, 06:23
Now that is beautiful.
Thanks Chief. Appreciated. It would make a great wallpaper.
What Carrier is that?
Regards Anthin.

Thanks for that, NC! I would also like to know where there is a larger photo; it would be an awesome wallpaper!

:wavey:

Victory103
November 6th, 2014, 05:18
He mentions USS Kitty Hawk in the description. I need that in my man cave/garage.

http://www.hornartgallery.com/phillips/phillipspage6.html

TARPSBird
November 7th, 2014, 17:06
Thanks for the heads-up, NC. I'm using it for desktop wallpaper, stretched a bit but still looks good. :encouragement:

Odie
November 9th, 2014, 10:09
He mentions USS Kitty Hawk in the description. I need that in my man cave/garage.

http://www.hornartgallery.com/phillips/phillipspage6.html

He's got the print at $195 which isn't a bad price. I've got several military aviation prints from various artists and
this is about the going rate. Where the expense comes in is having them properly matted and framed!!

Wittpilot
November 11th, 2014, 15:54
He's got the print at $195 which isn't a bad price. I've got several military aviation prints from various artists and
this is about the going rate. Where the expense comes in is having them properly matted and framed!!

Not bad at all for a Phillips print... You know I've been around aviation are too long when I knew who painted that right away :-)

fsafranek
November 16th, 2014, 15:35
Would make interesting cover art for the boxed version of Aerosoft's F-14/Kitty Hawk package?
:ernaehrung004: