PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM Harriver II strange behavior

Daube
November 2nd, 2014, 07:25
Hi all,

I took the opportunity to buy the AV8B Harrier II from RAZBAM thanks to their sale. I installed it in my P3D, then I corrected manually the installation by transferring the dll declaration from the FSX DLL.xlm to the P3D dll.xml.
Then I launched the sim without reading the manual, and made a first test flight.
I just switched the plane to the VTOL fuel configuration using the load manager, then I switched the engine on. Now I would have a few questions about things that seemed strange to me...

First of all, the engine started quite easilly, and I didn't even have to switch the fuel pumps on. The status panel was showing to green lights linked to fuel pumps, and they dissappeared once I switched them on... but the engine really didn't care. Is that normal ? I suppose these pumps are perhaps linked to the external tanks instead on the internal ones...

Then, as soon as I released the parking brake, the plane started rolling forward. Is the real aircraft taxiing at idle as well ?

Finally, I couldn't resist playing a bit with the VTOL nozzles. The lever reacts to mouse drag... but why did they assign that control to the left-right drag instead of up-down ? Also, I pulled the lever all the way back, to set the nozzles at more than 90°, hoping to stop the plane from going forward at idle. Unfortunately, it had no effect at all. So I proceeded to the runway, set the nozzles to 90°, and pushed the throttle gently... the plane tried to take off but acted strange with a lot of shaking, and almost crashed on the side. I tried again wih nozzles set at 60° only, for a short take off, and that was really REALLY short. During transition to conventional flight, I found the engine throttle to react on the nozzle position, I wonder why ? The more horizontal the nozzles, the higher the engine RPM. I suppose it's the same in the real aircraft ?

Anyways, for the moment the aircraft is just like I expected: the 3D model is FANTASTIC inside and outside, and the VTOL fde is just as bad as I read from the other users feedbacks, so that's not really a dissapointment, especially for the price I paid

Ah, one last thing: why do I get a "no frame" error message when I try to access the fuel page of the MFDs ? (also occurs with some other functions)