PDA

View Full Version : The rock I've been hiding under...

Rami
November 2nd, 2014, 03:40
Hey guys,

Aside from battling the flu, I've been gone from CFS2 for over a week. So that you know what's going on and why...I got a request about ten days ago to create an FSX scenery library category to make scenery installation for that simulator a bit easier. As I combed through the download section, I realized that aircraft and skins for FSX and FS9 both needed to be separated, combed through, and re-categorized.

With that in mind, I set up new categories for FSX and combed through some 3,500 files, and am doing the same for FS9, which is close to 5,000 individual uploads. There's no shortcut to this; I have to go through each individual download, looking for pictures, squadron data, and other information, correcting if necessary, and move it to the appropriate area.

Basically...imagine sitting at a computer and doing 8,500 uploads in a row. I finished the FSX section in eight days, and have about 175 pages to go in the FS9 section. (Approximately 3,500 files left) Then, I check my work and can declare the project finished.

I felt the need to do this for a while, but hesitated because of the work involved. With the donation drive coming up at the beginning of the year, I wanted to make sure that SOH users have a good reason to donate if you fly those two sims.

Bear with me on this, I hope to be done by Veteran's Day / Remembrance Day.

The, I will delve back into CFS2.

Shadow Wolf 07
November 2nd, 2014, 03:44
It sounds like a pretty big rock... Great work Rami! You are truly dedicated to this site and its sims. :applause:

Blood_Hawk23
November 2nd, 2014, 07:29
No worries. But could you move Stuarts WWI U Boat to the forum for all to see.

Oh and stop getting those flu shots. You had the flu last year. I haven't had it in 4 years. Oh wait thats code for "I don't feel like going to work today" right. Hope your feeling better.

Devildog73
November 2nd, 2014, 07:31
Thanks Rami!

I have avoided the FS9/FSX libraries before.

Now I might delve into them a bit as I have both sims.

Three cheers to ya!

Rami
November 2nd, 2014, 09:44
No worries. But could you move Stuarts WWI U Boat to the forum for all to see.

I haven't seen his U-boat in the library. Did he try to upload it?

Sarg Willy
November 2nd, 2014, 10:04
Ye gads Rami !! sounds like the Rock of Gibralter

Blood_Hawk23
November 2nd, 2014, 10:19
I haven't seen his U-boat in the library. Did he try to upload it?

Walk this way. Without the stager please. LOL

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?90492-GMax-SM-U9-Class-Submarine-for-CFS2-V1-0-zip

Rami
November 12th, 2014, 10:12
Good afternoon,

After what seems like a long absence, I hath returned. :triumphant:

hewman100
November 12th, 2014, 23:55
Put your feet up then. After what you've been doing you deserve a couple of days R&R.:wiggle:

kelticheart
November 13th, 2014, 01:53
BENTORNATO AMICO!

And now........R 'n R...:very_drunk:

Thank you for your dedication. When are you going to be :medals: by SOH staff?......

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Rami
November 13th, 2014, 02:00
Good morning,

Thank you so much! But...isn't it sad that you guys don't even fly those sims primarily and yet are some of the first ones to say thank you?

Do you know how many posts have been made by grateful users in the FS9 thread since I announced the FS9 library is completed some 18 hours ago???

Zero. :a1451:

Wayland
November 13th, 2014, 02:59
Above and beyond, Rami , above and beyond!

In reference to thanks, I have said it before, and I will say it again, the gang at the CFS2 forum are the nicest, friendliest and most helpful people on the internet. No sniping and flaming, no carping, but willing to step up to the plate and lend a hand. I salute you all.

Steve