PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the RXP GNS 530?

MarkH
October 30th, 2014, 12:02
Can anyone who has the Reality XP GNS 530 tell me if the 2D panel can be dragged to another monitor (and still work) when FSX is in full-screen mode? I am asking because I ran across a surprising thing in the FAQ about Emuteq's GNS 530 (which uses the RXP) saying that FSX doesn't support this. It is not clear whether they mean specifically for the RXP gauge, for gauges in general or something else.

Was gonna buy the RXP for the 2D panel but it's no use if I have to run windowed to use it :(

JimmyRFR
October 30th, 2014, 12:59
Not sure if this exactly answers your question, but I'll post my experience with 2D gauges on a multi-monitor setup.

I run three screens, but not in a traditional three monitor wide setup. I run 1 main screen on my desk as my main desktop, a 2nd screen on a long swivel arm as my main flight display (my controls are mounted on a wooden framework beside my desk), and a 3rd which is a touchscreen on a long swivel arm that can be positioned either above my main flight monitor for when I'm using a yoke, or below my main flight monitor for when I'm using a stick.

Regardless of how I have it configured, when run in full screen mode, my flight monitor is running at 1920 x 1080, and my other two monitors are black. I can drag any popup (2D gauge or panel) from any aircraft from the main monitor to either of the other two. This includes the RXP units, the GTN units, the ATC window, anything. In fact, this is primarily how I use the GTN gauge since I can leave it as a 2D on my touchscreen and fully work the gauge as it is meant to be.

The only time I have to 'undock' a panel is when I'm running FSX in windowed mode, and I only do that if absolutely needed, for example where I want to have a third party program accessible while I fly.

MarkH
October 30th, 2014, 13:57
This includes the RXP units

Thanks, that's probably all I need to hear.