PDA

View Full Version : For Achim

Wulf190
January 25th, 2009, 09:34
I'm having a problem with two airfields. For the first one I'm 95% sure it has to do with the STRM mesh I'm using. For FR_Azeville I find that the airfield is up on a mesa rather then flush, or nearly so with the surrounding area. I move the file lower then the mesh and then the airfield is flush with the terrian, but then I find that my aircraft is elevated on an invisable pedistal.

I also found this happenes with Mask rider's DEI_Lake Tondano sea base too. (though to a much greater degree)

Also at FR_Bordeaux the airfield runs over hills and is really broken up, and to make matters even more interesting I find that my aircraft is starting below ground. At that airfield I'm not sure what happeneing. Any ideas?

achim27619
January 25th, 2009, 10:53
Hi Wulf,

yes that could be caused by having the mesh not installed in the correct priority.

But I had the same prob with Bordeaux and some other fields. By then Rami informed me that I better not have the add-on scenery installed in the main scenery folder but in the scenedb or somewhere else. I deinstalled and reinstalled as adviced and since then everything is alright in my different installs.

BTW, your Azeville has an elevation of 20 feet. I know that by heart because I just changed the elevation to 10 feet to make it match with Azeville 2.

I hape that helped

Cheers

Achim

Wulf190
January 25th, 2009, 11:05
I'll see what I can do. I have all of my European airfield installed in one folder and that is in the scenedp folder. As far as installation priority, I have the mesh installed just above the default scenery, and the airfields are on the top of the list.

edit:
I reinstalled the Eurofields folder in the CFS2 library and that fixed Bordeaux. As far as Azeville, it seems the in my installed CFS2 is seeing that the runway elevation is at 27ft, I slew to either side of the runway and I can set the plane down at 7ft, but when I try to slew back to the runway it props me back in the air at 27ft. 2TAF_Cherbourg_Moupert does the same to me, only it's runway is set at 457ft. I don't tink so!

bearcat241
January 25th, 2009, 12:19
Something in your library hiearchy is nullifying the flatten code at the subject airfield.

This outline of scenery order might help:

FS2000_props

Buildings

Runways

Effects

Vehicles

Aircraft Weapons

Scenery Ships

Airport Facilities Data

CFS1 Library

*Addon Infrastructure (FUELADF, atlantic wall, Axis/British tanks, etc)

Default Scenery

*Addon Airbases

*Global/regional Water Bgl's

*Coastal Flatten bgl's

*Exclusive Land classes

*Addon Mesh

Default Terrain

Bold type represents stock classes and the asterisk is for add-ons...i use this basic library hierarchy setup for all of my theater installs. It tends to serve me well and eliminate mesh problems like yours. The only exception to the setup is MR's Palau in my PTO, which i installed per his instructions at the very top to eliminate problems.

But in the few occasions where this outline fails to remedy a flatten situation, i use a manually inserted flatten switch in the scenery.cfg at the location of the troubled airbase. The basics for doing this are found in the main CFS2 README.rtf file located in the main directory from installation, section "How to Use the Flatten Switch".

Fibber
January 25th, 2009, 17:59
Bear;:wavey:
I remember you helping me out with my destroyed hierarchy a long time ago.:ernae: We should have a section here where tips/information like this can be saved, andr eferenced, by everyone so the info doesn't get lost in the forum progression. I know that there is a tips section but it seems to not have any additions in a long time.

Wulf190
January 25th, 2009, 23:31
Setting up my library like that fixed Azeville, but 2TAF_Chebourg, and DEI_Lake Tandano as well as CHI_Kai_Tak are still having problems. Chebourg is creating a 457ft mesa for the field, and Lake Tandano is even worse as a sea plane base. Kia_Take ishowing up all boxed up in mountains. The only safe way to takeoff or land from there in its current state is by helicopter.

How would you order SdC's landclass and add-ons for Europe in that list?

Pen32Win
January 26th, 2009, 00:09
Howdy Wolf190;

I used gary20's mesh when I created those airfields and set the elevation to blend in with that mesh. I double checked in Google Earth and they have it (the center of the field) at 380 feet. N49*39.26 W1*28.51.

bearcat241
January 26th, 2009, 06:54
...How would you order SdC's landclass and add-ons for Europe in that list?

First of all i stopped combining my PTO and ETO scenery long ago. Now that alone solved a few headaches in itself. But, i used this same structure for both theaters. Regarding your question, i use the same order below Default Scenery that you see above.

Jean Bomber
January 26th, 2009, 08:54
.....How would you order SdC's landclass and add-ons for Europe in that list?

*Global/regional Water Bgl's

*Coastal Flatten bgl's

*Exclusive Land classes

*Addon Mesh

personally I've put them directly in ...cfs2/scenedb/world/scenery where are the cfs2 default mesh bgls and many other bgls....that seems work fine ...So I use the multi install and as Bearcat I use the same structure for six theatres but the cfs2/scenedb/world/texture are specifics for each ...
If you use your mesh with fs8/9 too you can put the bgls in a FSmesh/scenery folder outside the cfs2 game folder,you set up the folder in the library the first time and you order it as BC advised,after for some sceneries that depend how they had made and with what mesh LOD had been used to take correct points of reference for the elevations ...

JP

JP

bearcat241
January 26th, 2009, 09:34
...personally I've put them directly in cfs2/scenedb/world/scenery where are the cfs2 default mesh bgls and many other bgls

That's how i once did it myself Jean and it worked great too. The problem i found with this was that whenever i wanted to experiment with newer FS mesh within a theater install, i had to go into the world/scenery folder, ID, sort and dig out the current mesh bgls and drop in the new to avoid conflicts and other issues. This was too much work for me personally, because i liked the idea of frequently sampling new FS mesh in CFS2. So i use separate external folders for my newer mesh in order to facilitate the tried and true "quick change" activate/deactivate method over the tedious "dig-out/ replace" method.

PSULLYKEYS
January 27th, 2009, 05:24
Thank you BC and JB, that info goes into my archive! (and will save me much grief!):friday: