PDA

View Full Version : Learn to land on a carrier the proper way

Shylock
January 25th, 2009, 02:28
The FSX Blue Angels have just released a 18 minute tutorial on how to land upon a ship at sea. This video was 3 months in production and has now been completed. The movie was put together by us and goes by the standards for which we use as taught to us by real Naval aviators.

For anybody who has heard of the Top Gun competition, well the members involved in putting this video together had finished 1st and 3rd respectively in that international competition.

Click this link and the video is called OK,3 and it is located on the bottom of the page. Its available for download in the forums section on the teams page as well if you like it.
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/videos.html

Shylock
January 25th, 2009, 02:59
If you guys could please feel free to ask any questions you may have about it. Or just let me know what you think of it. Thanks

cheezyflier
January 25th, 2009, 06:31
wow!!!! very nicely done! had ms included something like that with accelleration, it would be very useful. i suspect that video will become a staple for enthusiasts.

Navy Chief
January 25th, 2009, 06:34
I am so impressed! That tutorial video is professionally done, in my opinion. Not being a pilot, mind you, but I can surely appreciate the time/effort that went into making it!

I watched a couple of the videos listed above that one. Da...n, you guys are good!

Maybe the FSX Blue Angels could use a Line CPO? Now THAT, I could do!

Navy Chief

Boomer
January 25th, 2009, 07:04
:applause::applause::applause: Most impressive vid! :ernae:

Makes me want to go do some traps.

Shylock
January 25th, 2009, 07:54
Thanks for the kind words Navychief. We are pretty pumped for our 2009 show season. Our last hurdle is to broadcast it live via a live streaming. We have done live demonstrations for the 2008 show season, but with the high volume of people we would often get in the session, we had sever lag issues. Now we have worked through all of the other bugs and live streaming is the only thing holding us back right now. I assure you tho that too is being worked out as we speak. If you would like to sit in on one of our private practices let me know and we can hook it up for a fellow Navy guy ;)

fliger747
January 25th, 2009, 07:57
Just remember that modern jet operations procedures bear absolutly no resemblence to WWII piston procedures, except for "SPEED CONTROL". Jets require a long stablizied approach whereas the taildraggers work best with a very short (500') roll into the groove.

Always a situation requiring complete concentration!

Cheers: T.

RCAF_Gunner
January 25th, 2009, 08:12
Very helpful and impressive tutorial. Thanks.

limjack
January 25th, 2009, 08:19
This is a super tool to use when I attempt a carrier landing. My traps leave a lot to be desired:redf:
Thanks Shylock!
Jim

jmig
January 25th, 2009, 09:19
Gentlemen, I salute you and stand in awe for a well done video. Even the narrator sounded like a military narrator.

A big sierra hotel guys!

P-12C
January 25th, 2009, 12:20
Fantastic video guys! I continue to be amazed by your pilot skills.

You should talk to Snort about making a video for their site and do some cross-promotion.

I wondered if some of the high scores on the Top Gun Simulations greenie board were from you guys, and it makes total sense that you are there. I have it on good authority that Snort has been flying and posting his scores as well, and I'm pretty sure you are beating his scores (I know his scores won't be counted in the competitions).

I'm also sorry that we weren't able to do something together regarding what I was previously working on...

Navy Chief
January 25th, 2009, 12:29
You should talk to Snort about making a video for their site and do some cross-promotion.

P-12,

I suggested that very idea to Rolf, Snort's website partner, several weeks ago. However, just the fact that this video has been made is great! I plan to watch it carefully, and try to fly accordingly!

NC

Shylock
January 25th, 2009, 13:19
if you like to watch it over and over again heres some quick links

Vimeo a good high def http://www.vimeo.com/2950519

to download it to your PC http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7UQJCCZA