PDA

View Full Version : Is a native F7F Tigercat still being considered ?

Crusader
October 5th, 2014, 06:30
I was wondering if Milton's excellent F7F Tigercat is still being considered for a FSX native conversion ? There was a lengthy discussion at one time .
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?83058-Grumman-F7F-Tigercat-by-Milton-Shupe&highlight=Tigercat I downloaded the WIP
F7F-3 along with the F7F-300 update (for the 2011 RTWR version) . It looks and flies very well but in P3D v2.4 I have the black external and inside cockpit glass problem that I tried to correct with the DXTbmp program by Martin Wright but unsuccessful . Doesn't surprise me , I don't have a lot of experience with it . I was just wondering if anyone was using the F3F in P3D v2.4 .

Rich

Crusader
October 5th, 2014, 14:37
Well , I actually got on the internet did a little research on changing dark glass to transparent and I managed to do the job . Thanks Google search and especially Martin Wright's DXTbmp program . I want to thank Roger and falcon409 on changing chrome wheels and struts(changing 8bit to 32bit) on another aircraft I was working with . I appreciate the help . You know , this messing with textures is starting get sort of addictive . Maybe one of these days I'll get good enough to actually contribute to my fellow simmers . I might just have to take this little jewel up for a little spin up and down the beaches south of Choctaw NOLF and NAS Pensacola . A special thanks to Milton Shupe , SOH and other contributors who make this a very enjoyable experience .

Rich