PDA

View Full Version : Path to Aicarriers.cfg?

ejoiner
October 4th, 2014, 07:04
I am trying to install USS Oriskany for Aicarriers. However, I have searched, searched and searched again and CANNOT find this darn file. AIcarriers works just fine on my PC but I'll be damned if I can find this. Is this normally a hidden file?

Eric

SkippyBing
October 4th, 2014, 07:09
Should be in Program Files (x86)/AICarriers.
If you want to add another ship, rather than editing the aicarriers.cfg you can just add a ship specific .cfg in the conf.d folder in AICarriers and it'll get added to the end of the list.

ejoiner
October 4th, 2014, 07:37
Should be in Program Files (x86)/AICarriers.
If you want to add another ship, rather than editing the aicarriers.cfg you can just add a ship specific .cfg in the conf.d folder in AICarriers and it'll get added to the end of the list.

Thanks. Well, I looked there and searched all over this PC and I cant find it. Maddening thing is that its installed and working in FSX and when I go to look at add/remove programs, its in that list too. its here, just BURIED somewhere. I dont think I got clever and installed it somewhere else. Will keep looking.

E

ejoiner
October 4th, 2014, 07:51
Thanks. Well, I looked there and searched all over this PC and I cant find it. Maddening thing is that its installed and working in FSX and when I go to look at add/remove programs, its in that list too. its here, just BURIED somewhere. I dont think I got clever and installed it somewhere else. Will keep looking.

E

Well I found it!!!! I actually downloaded the aicarriers2.zip again and let the setup.exe run partially to check default path. this thing installs to a default directory called "FSX Utilities" which I then found and voila! there it was. The install readme isnt clear on this and I think is confusing.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Eric