PDA

View Full Version : DBS Studio's "Airport GPS"

falcon409
October 4th, 2014, 06:48
I have a question for anyone who owns this program and actually got it to install, but I'm going to save the question until I see if anyone actually has it first. So speak up if you do!! Thanks!

AussieMan
October 4th, 2014, 14:51
I have it. It is great for FSX but I can't get it to work in P3D V2.3.

falcon409
October 4th, 2014, 16:27
I have it. It is great for FSX but I can't get it to work in P3D V2.3.
Ok, thanks Pat. It says it will work in P3D_V2 and I assumed it would extend beyond just the original Ver 2.0. I asked for assistance and it took them a week to answer and when they did, rather than read what things I had already tried, they gave me a lame answer about making sure that "mfc120u.dll" is installed. . .which I had already told them "was installed" in my e-mail. If they can't do any better than that for support I'm going to get my money back. Looked like a neat little utility, but you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

AussieMan
October 4th, 2014, 21:48
I actually have an early version Ed. I did ask and was told they had no intention to support P3D but they must have had a change of heart.

Check this site mate. It calculates which is the active runway according to their blurb.

falcon409
October 5th, 2014, 02:53
I actually have an early version Ed. I did ask and was told they had no intention to support P3D but they must have had a change of heart.
Check this site mate. It calculates which is the active runway according to their blurb.
What site is that??

AussieMan
October 5th, 2014, 03:50
Oops forgot the URL.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/features/index.html

falcon409
October 5th, 2014, 04:23
Oops forgot the URL.
http://www.aivlasoft.com/features/index.html
Definitely something that I would love to have. . .but not for $70.00, lol.

AussieMan
October 5th, 2014, 17:19
Ed, try C:\Windows\System32. You'll find the MFC120u.dll in there. Copy it to your P3D*** root directory and see if it works. Didn't for me but your set up may be different.

Failing that use the ~ key to bring up ATC and ask for Progressive Taxi.

falcon409
October 5th, 2014, 18:24
Ed, try C:\Windows\System32. You'll find the MFC120u.dll in there. Copy it to your P3D*** root directory and see if it works. Didn't for me but your set up may be different.
Failing that use the ~ key to bring up ATC and ask for Progressive Taxi.

Pat, that won't have any bearing on where I'm having a problem, it won't even get 2 seconds into the installation and I start getting error messages (it requires C++ Redist pkg for Visual Studio 2013. . .get that run and then it can't find "mfc120u.dll", install that and next it can't find another "dll" file. . .load that and it gives me a generic fault with no reference to any other missing file. . .just that it can't proceed). It looks like a nice program, but I bet they wish they had never said it would work with P3D_V2.x. This company seems ill prepared for handling Customer problems or customer support in general. I'll be requesting my money back tomorrow.

AussieMan
October 6th, 2014, 00:06
I'll be doing the same thing mate.

falcon409
October 15th, 2014, 20:12
Just an update Pat. . .It's been two weeks since I sent the second e-mail requesting that they either assist me in getting the installation fixed or refund my money. Never heard back and I'm guessing they have no intention of answering. Not a lot of money, but I'll definitely pass this on to the download site.

bk2000
August 10th, 2015, 09:50
I updated my NVIDIA driver today and, sure enough, my DBS Airport GPS needed to be Re-validated.
I've had this addon for about 3 years and this happens every time.
Not a huge deal, but....Jesus, whaz up?