PDA

View Full Version : High Stakes

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 06:21
Howdy folks, I'm here with my newest non-commercial video. High Stakes has been a labor of love since March 2008 and a hell of a lot of work has gone into the production of it. Featuring tons of various addons and plenty of modded content specifically for the film, High Stakes was one of the most technical films I have yet produced. The story revolves around a Dodge Viper speeding throughout the desert meeting various other thrill seekers along the way. Beyond that, it is a little hard to explain.

Please take the time to watch and comment. I hope you enjoy!

Regards,
-Cody Bergland

YouTube Stream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us8U9AsyVQQ

Vimeo:
http://www.vimeo.com/1898485

WMV:
http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/noncommercial/flightsimulator/high_stakes_wmv.zip

DIVX:
http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/noncommercial/flightsimulator/high_stakes_divx.zip

Tako_Kichi
October 6th, 2008, 06:31
Great production Cody! :ernae:

I enjoyed the YouTube version so much I am now DL'ing the high res version! :jump:

krazycolin
October 6th, 2008, 06:32
Nice vid!

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 06:34
It appears I spelled "Somewhere" wrong in the beginning. Until I have a new YouTube link, this is going to stay up. Meantime, I'm going to fix this. Gonna drive me nuts until I do.

harleyman
October 6th, 2008, 07:13
:applause::applause:...Was that Need for Speed...????

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 07:15
:applause::applause:...Was that Need for Speed...????
If you are referring to the driving scenes... no. All FS based.

If however you are being sarcastic... YES :D

Thanks for watching friend.

S
October 6th, 2008, 07:19
Pretty awesome mate! I gotta learn how to do those layovers. That opens up a new world editing wise! Really enjoyed watching it!:ernae:

chinookmark
October 6th, 2008, 07:24
That was cool! I can't believe that's all flight simulator!

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 07:29
Pretty awesome mate! I gotta learn how to do those layovers. That opens up a new world editing wise! Really enjoyed watching it!:ernae:
Glad you liked it bud. I'll be slowly switching some parts over to After Effects in the near future for some edits.. I feel like I am reaching the end of my knowledge with Vegas, and things are getting a little... old? Anyways, I need the industry experience.

Glad you guys are liking it. Sorry for the mishap in spelling. Still working on fixing that... but when a simple spelling mistake takes over 1 hour to render, these things take time. My apologies.

harleyman
October 6th, 2008, 07:34
I saw the spelling mistake and was just appauled...:costumes::costumes: LOl Kidding....

How did you do the chic dancing and was she real?

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 07:39
I saw the spelling mistake and was just appauled...:costumes::costumes: LOl Kidding....

How did you do the chic dancing and was she real?
lol!

The chick was an overlay of a real woman dancing. I added a lot of creative changes into the originals. She looked so good and felt so appropriate for that scene, I couldn't help myself....

BananaBob
October 6th, 2008, 07:53
Wow, downloading the vid at 1 MB per second, sweet speed, will get back after the video. :ernae:

..... Great video, love the F16 scenes, looking forward to that one! Cop car at the end was sweet!:ernae::applause::applause::applause:

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 07:57
Wow, downloading the vid at 1 MB per second, sweet speed, will get back after the video. :ernae:
It might be slow for a little bit. There are a ton of people downloading it AND I am also uploading to the server after my mistake.

It should pick up after a bit though. Sorry!

It will be interesting to see how the downloads go when my press releases hit.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I am more than likely uploading the exact file you are currently downloading... I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back with errors. It should be done in around 17 minutes or so from this posting.

harleyman
October 6th, 2008, 08:00
lol!

The chick was an overlay of a real woman dancing. I added a lot of creative changes into the originals. She looked so good and felt so appropriate for that scene, I couldn't help myself....

She was a very nice addition......Us old men must unite.........:d

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 08:01
She was a very nice addition......Us old men must unite.........:d
Gyrating geriatrics?

Couldn't help myself. I'm in a good mood this morning :D

BananaBob
October 6th, 2008, 08:02
It might be slow for a little bit. There are a ton of people downloading it AND I am also uploading to the server after my mistake.

It should pick up after a bit though. Sorry!

It will be interesting to see how the downloads go when my press releases hit.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I am more than likely uploading the exact file you are currently downloading... I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back with errors. It should be done in around 17 minutes or so from this posting.

No, that's extremely fast for me, over 1000 Kb/s, maybe I'm getting my bytes wrong, LOL :ernae:

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2008, 08:12
Fantastic work Cody, really loved the editing and it was such a smooth production (especially the Vegas part:d !) I loved that crosswind landing in the PC-12.

Thanks for the credits also, have to check out some of those addons. Was that the Aerosoft F-16 beta?

Gonna have to start having you do videos when I release a scenery, LOL

EgoR64
October 6th, 2008, 08:17
:jump::applause::ernae::applause:

That was great, So ahhh, how much did you pay the little cuties to move around like that !! Hot !!:d

Many Cheers !!

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 08:18
Fantastic work Cody, really loved the editing and it was such a smooth production (especially the Vegas part:d !) I loved that crosswind landing in the PC-12.

Thanks for the credits also, have to check out some of those addons. Was that the Aerosoft F-16 beta?

Gonna have to start having you do videos when I release a scenery, LOL
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

That was indeed the Viper beta, which I am a contributor of and will be doing the promo for. She is a sweet aircraft and has the smoothest hud I have yet seen in an addon. Absolutely top notch.

If you want some work done, give me a yell. I'm sure we can work something out.

:jump::applause::ernae::applause:

That was great, So ahhh, how much did you pay the little cuties to move around like that !! Hot !!:d

Many Cheers !!
I paid them in cans of slim fast.

EgoR64
October 6th, 2008, 08:33
I paid them in cans of slim fast.

LOL - Thats cool Heavier then the normal Dollar bill but it works, Hmmm the second one looks a little familar !! LOL !! :costumes:

Great Stuff !!

Cheers !!

Marlin
October 6th, 2008, 08:46
The ending was the best, SNAKE EYES! You’re done! Pay the debt and go home fool!
:p87::tgun2::icon31:

Yes sir that was another good one, and by the way, good flying. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 08:51
Reuploaded YouTube Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us8U9AsyVQQ

It is now up for viewing.

cheezyflier
October 6th, 2008, 09:21
man that totally rocked!!!!!!

when i saw the viper go by that cop i thought
"ha! catch that one, roscoe!" but then i saw the viper pulled over and the snake eyes come up and was like "aaauuugghhh!!!"
right after that i was glad no one else was home, cuz, you know, it's an animated video and all, not real life...
i mighta got a little too into it :redf:

well done :applause: :ernae:

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 09:53
man that totally rocked!!!!!!

when i saw the viper go by that cop i thought
"ha! catch that one, roscoe!" but then i saw the viper pulled over and the snake eyes come up and was like "aaauuugghhh!!!"
right after that i was glad no one else was home, cuz, you know, it's an animated video and all, not real life...
i mighta got a little too into it :redf:

well done :applause: :ernae:
I'm glad someone mentioned the snake eyes and liked it. I was unsure about putting it in there, but my girlfriend prodded me on.

I know about being careful too... the house is quiet and she is now asleep, while I sit here trying not to wake her blaring my music. Oh well, she got flowers....

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 13:24
Now on Vimeo!

http://www.vimeo.com/1898485

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2008, 15:15
Oh well, she got flowers....

Good man!! :ernae:

CodyValkyrie
October 11th, 2008, 09:06
Good man!! :ernae:
Funny, she read this post and just rolled her eyes when I said that with a smile on her face. She can't complain TOO much, the second income really helps! It is a dream job really though... I get to play games all day and get paid for it. How can one beat that?

I wonder if I can write off my chairs that I seem to break so frequently while sitting on my arse.