PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Ever Do any Real Artwork?

ejoiner
October 3rd, 2014, 15:11
These were some pieces I did a few years ago. The P-51 was for my uncle who flew this bird in China. The original print versions of these are well over 3 feet wide and hi resolution.

glh
October 3rd, 2014, 15:29
No, I never did but these are excellent. You have a fine talent there.

tailspin45
October 4th, 2014, 05:08
Beautiful! I'm curious how you managed to make 3 foot wide hi res versions. Are they entirely done with Photoshop or Illustrator or some other tool? They'd look fabulous on a wall!

ejoiner
October 8th, 2014, 06:19
Beautiful! I'm curious how you managed to make 3 foot wide hi res versions. Are they entirely done with Photoshop or Illustrator or some other tool? They'd look fabulous on a wall!

These were all done in Photoshop at very high DPI (200 dpi) which makes the files huge, but then I had these printed at a commercial printer and hand selected a cool metalic paper that mades the bare metal really pop.

The P-51 was a montage done specifically for my Great Uncle Paul Crawford, who flew in China during the war. This was his airplane. He was shot down over china after strafing a rail yard. He escaped and evaded. Great grandmother got the telegram that he had gone MIA and family assumed he was dead. he returned to friendly lines with help from Nationalist Chinese 2 days after the Hiroshima bombing. He walked into my great grandparents home on Christmas eve 1945. My great grandmother is said to have literally fainted because she thought she had seen a ghost.

E

Daveroo
October 8th, 2014, 06:55
i did a charcoal drawing of the Clown Emitt Kelly when i was in high school..i got an A..but what really made me happy was it sold for more than $500.00..and it was just an normal paper size..done on normal drawing paper.

ejoiner
October 9th, 2014, 07:05
i did a charcoal drawing of the Clown Emitt Kelly when i was in high school..i got an A..but what really made me happy was it sold for more than $500.00..and it was just an normal paper size..done on normal drawing paper.

Really? Thats awesome. Making money from your work is great. Now I wonder who paid 500 bucks for a clown picture? :-)