PDA

View Full Version : Deltasim LHD Wasp Class WIP

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2014, 22:07
Holy crap, looks fantastic and I love me some detail, but 772 thousand polys so far, can't imagine performance not tanking. Since it is drivable, I wonder if half those polys are part of the 20 helicopters hidden below deck, just wondering. :dizzy:

http://deltasimstudio.com/lhd.htm

Daube
October 3rd, 2014, 00:52
Well, he still gets 280 FPS with that boat on the screen :dizzy:
The model sure looks amazing, to say the least (o_O')

Wizard
October 3rd, 2014, 03:29
Wow - somebody is definitely pushing the envelope here. I wonder if we can have tie downs / chocks set ??? and will we see sailors running around re-arming, fueling, etc??? I hope the animations are indiviually controlled so I can trigger them with SimConnect. The detail is absolutely fantastic. I cannot imagine the hours required to do this kind of meticulous work. :encouragement: Far, far beyond my patience. :adoration:

MCDesigns
October 3rd, 2014, 09:31
Wow - somebody is definitely pushing the envelope here. I wonder if we can have tie downs / chocks set ??? and will we see sailors running around re-arming, fueling, etc??? I hope the animations are indiviually controlled so I can trigger them with SimConnect. The detail is absolutely fantastic. I cannot imagine the hours required to do this kind of meticulous work. :encouragement: Far, far beyond my patience. :adoration:

Seeing the poly count, it probably took less time than you think. Just modeling and actually having to think out your modeling plan and be as efficient as possible are two totally different things and the latter takes more time. I am betting that he could cut the mesh size in half and still have most of that detail. He has a modeling mindset and not a game/FS modeling mindset, 2 different things. If he is actually getting the FPS he shows in the images, he is living in an alternate reality, because once you add scenery, real weather and a high fidelity aircraft to that many polys, it won't be fun.

This is one I am working on for my scenery and was looking for some more reference images when i stumbled on the Deltasim site. I am struggling with poly count as i haven't even added the deck crew or helis on deck and i am already at 25K of polys, to high for a scenery object.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/850x597q90/540/qxl70Y.jpg

PutPut
October 3rd, 2014, 09:39
Every time I see one of these very high frame rates I am reminded that no matter what the counter says in reality it can't be higher than the refresh rate of the monitor which is usually 60 hertz or maybe 120 hertz. Physics 101.

Best, Paul

Seahawk72s
April 4th, 2015, 07:32
Deltasim Studio is doing some amazing work on the lighting
for its new LHD, worth taking a look. :applause:

http://www.deltasimstudio.com/lhd.htm

DaveSHQ
April 4th, 2015, 07:35
Yep been watching this since day 1. Looking forward to it.

IFlySWA
April 4th, 2015, 07:48
Impressive! :biggrin-new:

Brian

txnetcop
April 4th, 2015, 12:24
That is truly impressive work! WOW
Ted

airattackimages
April 5th, 2015, 23:57
My computer would be a slideshow, but wow.

Seahawk72s
April 6th, 2015, 20:16
another picture

heywooood
April 6th, 2015, 20:22
beauty - bring it on says me - I'll just park it in the middle of the Pacific and watch it float

Dino Cattaneo
April 6th, 2015, 23:29
Looks awesome! A proper platform for my F-35B (which is being updated) and a much needed addition to FSX... anyway the polycount is a concern.
Hopefully there will be a way to make it lighter... otherwise it will be difficult to handle for many computers (especially in conjuction with complex aicrafts)...

Francois
April 7th, 2015, 02:59
Having been working on similar projects and knowing the limitations of FS I will be curious to see this actually WORK in FS...... but it looks nice ;-)

Lewis-A2A
April 7th, 2015, 04:47
I believe Deltasim specialize in watercraft as a ship simulator sort of thing within the FS environment, so the poly count isn't too bad when you place it in context of what is being produced.

thanks
Lewis

PS, am I the only one who comes close to shedding a tear after seeing PutPut's post in this old thread?

DaveB
April 7th, 2015, 08:21
I have a few freeware DeltaSim models plus the payware Graf Spee, KGV and Elco PT boat. Only the Elco comes with an AI version which is a bit of an issue as neither the Graf Spee or KGV behave well as AI (turrets skewiff and barrels at jaunty angles!). Hopefully.. the Wasp LHD will come with an AI version.

ATB
DaveB:)

TuFun
April 7th, 2015, 08:44
I believe Deltasim specialize in watercraft as a ship simulator sort of thing within the FS environment, so the poly count isn't too bad when you place it in context of what is being produced.

thanks
Lewis

PS, am I the only one who comes close to shedding a tear after seeing PutPut's post in this old thread?

I feel the same way Lewis.