PDA

View Full Version : Loss of zoom function using + & - keys during simming.

Eagle eye
October 2nd, 2014, 16:39
Gidday, just a little frustration I would like put to bed and I hope you can help. During an FSX session I may press key A to look at different cockpit views or the S key for outside views. Quite often I then tend to notice that my ability to zoom in or out using keys + or _ is inactive. Can anyone suggest a cause or fix?

ST0RM
October 2nd, 2014, 16:51
Use your mouse/arrow to click somewhere on the screen and try the zoom -+ keys after. Should restore it.

Happens when I shift views too.

Jeff

UnknownGuest12
October 2nd, 2014, 16:55
Gidday, just a little frustration I would like put to bed and I hope you can help. During an FSX session I may press key A to look at different cockpit views or the S key for outside views. Quite often I then tend to notice that my ability to zoom in or out using keys + or _ is inactive. Can anyone suggest a cause or fix?

You may try ALT/Menu bar/views and the uncheck last (botton) entry. It works with me...

Regards

Jafo
October 2nd, 2014, 16:56
I lose it whenever I'ved clicked shift + E to open a door, etc.

I then have to reload the plane to get it back.

Shall try Jeff's solution...;)

Duckie
October 2nd, 2014, 17:24
Hit the back space key once. It resets the zoom function. Works for me.

modelr
October 2nd, 2014, 17:36
Jeff's solution of clicking anywhere on the screen with the mouse always works for me. PIA, but it seems to be built in. Have had to use it ever since we've had zoomable views.

Eagle eye
October 2nd, 2014, 18:00
Storm /Jeff seens so simple, thanks so much for the quick reply. Still learning every day. Just loving the Sim and this aircraft below:-

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/10/02/ySROM.jpg

Jafo
October 2nd, 2014, 18:32
Yep....years and years of FSX and still learning new tricks....
Thanks, Jeff...;)

ST0RM
October 2nd, 2014, 18:47
Cant take the credit. I had the same issues and someone pointed it out to me. Just paying it forward.

Cheers!
Jeff

Bradburger
October 2nd, 2014, 18:53
Hit the back space key once. It resets the zoom function. Works for me.

Yes, this is what I do when it happens to me.

In my case, it happens when I open the canopy or exit of an aircraft (be it via a keystroke, or from within the VC itself), or when use the ATC keystroke.

Does anyone know why this happens? (I'm sure it used to happen in FS9 as well!)

Just another FS bug perhaps?

Cheers

Paul

Lane Street
October 2nd, 2014, 21:00
Not a bug, just how FS has been designed.

The +/- keys are programmed to increase/decrease selection.

When you do something like open an exit, that command "has focus" and the +/- keys do nothing as that command has nothing to increase/decrease.

To re-enable the zoom function you have to "return focus" to the main Window by either clicking on it or pressing the Backspace key.

The downside of the Backspace key is it returns zoom to 1 so sometimes it takes several +/- strokes to get to where you want to go.

cheers,
Lane.