PDA

View Full Version : WWI-Projects-Post what you've got going on...

Blood_Hawk23
September 29th, 2014, 10:34
Since we have a couple projects going on I figured that I would start a thread for them.

Blood_Hawk23
September 29th, 2014, 10:43
On my birthday I recieved all kinds of info from William Casey. He even sent me copies of the original ships logs for HMS Furious.

So I have alot to go through. I'm currently Ploting all of the ships positions on google earth. Once I have that finished I can start with the mission its self.

...Halluin Aerodrome is in the works. I'm currently having issues. I think I have Halluin and Halluin-Ost too close together. I'm getting some wierd scenery hiccups. I'll get it eventually.

Cowboy,

I have the trench setup to send to you.
Oh, what do you think of the scenery so far? Any issues that need to be addressed?

Till Later,
John

AER_DaddyO
October 3rd, 2014, 11:46
Guys,

With a view towards Belgian aircraft, redoing the old ALPHAsim freeware BE2 as per the Belgian Wings site. Two versions: early BE2c with pilot in the rear, and a BE2d with pilot in the front and Hisso 150 engine, even though it is a bit off visually. I dug through some of my old AER squadron stuff and found some WWI hand bombs that we had used " to harass the enemy entrenchments". DP files were never my strong suit, but I managed to hang eight of them on the fuselage for use while artillery spotting.
Also fiddling with the Stuart Green Caudron G4. Added a rear Lewis gun which was historically viable, making it possible to defend against rear attacks. If you are attacking it from the rear, and you come up too high, you are now going to get a face full of 7.7mm. Currently in the process of repainting it for a generic RFC version, as they flew it prior to the HP100. Have managed to get the AI to fly in formation with the player aircraft, which for me was the hard part.

Gotta Go.

AER_DaddyO

"Don't just stand there...get one up!"

Blood_Hawk23
October 4th, 2014, 02:58
Guys,

With a view towards Belgian aircraft, redoing the old ALPHAsim freeware BE2 as per the Belgian Wings site. Two versions: early BE2c with pilot in the rear, and a BE2d with pilot in the front and Hisso 150 engine, even though it is a bit off visually. I dug through some of my old AER squadron stuff and found some WWI hand bombs that we had used " to harass the enemy entrenchments". DP files were never my strong suit, but I managed to hang eight of them on the fuselage for use while artillery spotting.
Also fiddling with the Stuart Green Caudron G4. Added a rear Lewis gun which was historically viable, making it possible to defend against rear attacks. If you are attacking it from the rear, and you come up too high, you are now going to get a face full of 7.7mm. Currently in the process of repainting it for a generic RFC version, as they flew it prior to the HP100. Have managed to get the AI to fly in formation with the player aircraft, which for me was the hard part.

Gotta Go.

AER_DaddyO

"Don't just stand there...get one up!"

DaddyO,

You have my WWI bombs right? I have a few French bombs in there. I think I have the DP for the Caudron with them included. I'll look.

Blood_Hawk23
October 4th, 2014, 22:13
Both are finished with GSL.

I've been looking at a few of my other Airfields. I need to finish the AER bases and a few of the French.

Blood_Hawk23
October 5th, 2014, 11:26
Here are a few shots of Halluin and Halluin-Ost.

Halluin Aerodrome. Thats Halluin-Ost in the background.

A top down view.

Top down of both.

I had issues with them early on. They were so close together that the Flat areas were making a mess.

Halluin-Ost.

Top Down view.

miamieagle
October 6th, 2014, 03:48
Cool:wavey:

Roxane-21
September 3rd, 2017, 07:55
How are these projects going on ? :wavey:

I am greatly interested in any WWI stuff, especially the Caudron G4 conversion and additional airfields.

I am looking for any CFS2 Breguet XIV as well. There are a couple for FS9/FSX, but not sure if they are conversion-friendly...

No Dice
September 3rd, 2017, 15:47
Well, this may or may not help ...but:
http://thefreeflightsite.com/WW1_CFS2.htm

http://thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

http://thefreeflightsite.com/WW1Panels.htm

Roxane-21
September 4th, 2017, 09:50
Thank you.

I have already collected all Aerocrate's files, plus many other stuff (including a crazy amount of Albatros and Fokker skins).

There are only a few WWI bombers available though, epecially multi-engine aircraft. I found some Gotha and Zeppelin Staaken for FS9/FSX, and much more for CFS1, but nothing for our good old CFS2. :banghead: