PDA

View Full Version : Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Ferry_vO
September 29th, 2014, 07:17
Almost afraid to start this topic, but I'm sure we can keep this civil, right..?

Anyway, here's what David posted on Facebook earlier today:

The Battlefield Airlifter is done and uploading! About a year and a half late, but well... it's done.

And:

The IRIS Airforce Series - Battlefield Airlifter Version 1.1 is now available for those who have purchased it directly from IRIS. To download the product, please log into your IRIS Store account and download the installer from your ORIGINAL IRIS Platinum Series C-27J Spartan or IRIS Airforce Series Tactical Airlifter product invoice.
Please note that this version does NOT contain a working manual, however the product content is complete other than that. A manual is being worked on and should be available within 24-48 hours.
In addition, once that is available, all installers will be updated and issued to our usual distributors for sale.
If you have any questions or comments, please post a comment below or alternately submit a support ticket.
To aid in the operation of the aircraft I will be creating a number of small youtube tutorials to assist those wishing to fly the aircraft.

Should appear at your vendor of choice as a free update soon! :encouragement:

Daube
September 29th, 2014, 07:52
That's very good news, thanks for the notification. :applause:
I hope this new version will help us forget the original one.
By the way, is there any description of the changes made in this new version anywhere ?

Oh, and thanks to the IRIS team for updating that bird, finally. :ernaehrung004:

Ferry_vO
September 29th, 2014, 09:17
By the way, is there any description of the changes made in this new version anywhere ?

Found this on Facebook:

Mid-Life Upgrade for the IRIS Airforce Series - Tactical Airlifter product.

The items being focused on currently are in no particular order;

* Brand new flight model based on the agility and short field operations the C-27J Spartan is famous for.

* A rework of the existing code to aid in multiplayer functions and overall systems simulation.

* Implimentation of the IRIS 'Aegis I Avionics Suite' providing new FMC, PFD, MFD and SFD units to the existing cockpit.

* Remastering of the engine and internal audio.

We're estimating that the MLU should take no longer than 4 weeks to complete at this stage. (Completed on 29th September 2014!) Better late than never!

And:

The adjustments to this product are significant and come at no additional cost. Some of the more obvious changes in this version are as follows;
Improved Flight Dynamics to provide more agile handling and improve upon the existing short field landing and take-off characteristics.
A complete rework of the on-board displays to improve their clarity and function.
Addition of an FMS unit which gives the capability to manage the aircraft’s customised systems and monitor preset FSX/P3D flight plans.
The ability to manage aircraft configurations ‘on the fly’, adding and configuring various individual components such as AEW items and MC-27J style items.
Volumetric Propellers
There are more changes, but these ones are at the top of my head

Bunch of screenshots here as well: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151477274872416.1073741826.56985552415&type=1

Portia911
September 29th, 2014, 14:39
Thanks for the heads-up, Ferry. Pretty sure I purchased my Spartan elsewhere, so I'll wait a little longer for the update to be available. :encouragement:

YoYo
September 30th, 2014, 00:36
I bought it few years ago in PC Aviator, it will be free update?

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 00:46
I bought it few years ago in PC Aviator, it will be free update?

Yes. that is direct word from Iris.

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 01:06
FYI, I just checked at Simmarket and saw the new model is on sale there now and I also checked to see if my account downloads (for my original C-27J order) had been updated and in fact they have free of charge! Once I get some time behind this new version, I will be doing a mini-review of it.

BTW, those who bought the original C-27J model will still see the old title on their account order history but when you go to re-download the new installer, it will be titled: iris_airforce_tact_fsx.exe

Portia911
September 30th, 2014, 01:36
Thanks for that detail, Storm. Good to know it is in at least some online stores already!

noddy
September 30th, 2014, 01:43
One thing that put me off this was the start up procedure, has this changed or is there a way to sort cut it. Lazy yes, but I just like to get in and fly. :biggrin-new:

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 02:04
One thing that put me off this was the start up procedure, has this changed or is there a way to sort cut it. Lazy yes, but I just like to get in and fly. :biggrin-new:

Yes, my quick flight with it I saw where you can change the panel states in the left FMC to where it is ready to takeoff.

Overall it flies very well but the new FDE is NOT carefree in handling! In other words, it flies like a real plane of this size. There's a lot to dig through on it which will take some days.

noddy
September 30th, 2014, 02:16
Cheers Storm.

noddy
September 30th, 2014, 02:21
Not sure if it has been update on Flightsimstore yet, as not showing the title iris_airforce_tact_fsx.exe. Mine is version 1.2.

Daube
September 30th, 2014, 02:24
Yes, my quick flight with it I saw where you can change the panel states in the left FMC to where it is ready to takeoff.

Overall it flies very well but the new FDE is NOT carefree in handling! In other words, it flies like a real plane of this size. There's a lot to dig through on it which will take some days.

Another question, because I have exactely the same concerns as Noddy: in the original version, there were two main things that were really disturbing me:
- it was not possible to start only one engine: the startup was triggering both engines everytime automatically
- the behavior of the engine thrust on ground was a bit strange, as if somebody would give a kick to the plane as soon as you would touch the throttle command... As a consequence, it was quite unpleasant to taxi that plane.

How is it now ? I could download the new version but I didn't have the time to install it yet :/

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 04:50
Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of housework at the moment, but I thought I'd drop in to answer some of your questions.. ;)

Noddy, you can cheat the startup.. :) If you load the aircraft from an aircraft that's already running, the Battlefield Airlifter will be ready to go. In addition, using the FMS, press MENU, then click the button for SYSTEM PAGE, then PANEL STATES to find a number of different configurations.

If you're loading the plane and it's cold and dark, to cheat, just press MENU on the FMS to go straight to the PANEL STATES page, then select either POWERED UP - APU or POWERED UP - ENGINES.

Daube,

The entire FDE was replaced and this new one along with pretty much an entire code re-write fixes the issues of the engines starting up at the same time and a variety of other issues. A lot of the items we had set manually for the pilot are now fully automated (I can't recall exactly what ones), though we have done extensive testing with single engine work and other items.

Taxiing is fine IMO. My general thing is to start the engines with the park brake on, release the brakes and just nudge the power to get rolling, you don't need a lot. She turns around in a dime with full steering lock and loves short field work. One element we couldn't fix was the reverse thrust. Whilst it's great when you're say sub-30 knots, higher speeds just doesn't have the massive effect that the real plane does... so the way you do short field landings? Land just above stall speed of about 110 knots, hit the brakes, hit full reverse thrust and she'll slow down and stop in about 300m depending on the weight of the aircraft.

Just remember to take reverse thrust off before you hit zero, otherwise you'll go rocketing off backwards.. :)

noddy
September 30th, 2014, 06:09
Great many thanks for the fast response.

Daube
September 30th, 2014, 06:24
Thanks a lot for these explanations !! :ernaehrung004:

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 06:38
My pleasure guys...anything to get me away from cleaning the kitchen! :) If you have any more, please let me know.

noddy
September 30th, 2014, 06:46
Sorry 1 more, is V1.2 correct version? I purchased via FlightsimStore

Christoph_T
September 30th, 2014, 07:16
Sadly the P3Dv2 version isn't part of the free upgrade:banghead:.
At least not at simmarket. Why not?
Are there any major differences between the two verions??
I waited for the update very long, but it would be not fair to cash extra money for no good reason!!

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 07:27
Battlefield Airlifter is 1.1, if you see a download for the Tactical Airlifter Version 1.2, you have the old version. If in doubt, double check the file properties and look for the created date. Adrian had time with his kids today, so I'd imagine he'd have it online tomorrow all going well. Family first in my book! :)

As for the P3D version, you are correct, the upgrade is platform for platform, FSX upgrade for the FSX original. We do offer a discount on the P3D version though for those who've purchased the older product and are upgrading. The code gives you the cost of the 29.99 AUD off the P3D/FSX bundle, thus you're only paying the difference of 5 dollars AUD to get the P3D version. Just drop me an e-mail to david@irissimulations.com.au with your order number and store of purchase for verification and I'll sort you out with a discount code.

They're essentially both the same product, it's the licensing that's different.

glennc
September 30th, 2014, 07:38
Very cool, now I'm having a senior moment, I don't remember where I bought it. It's not the first time I'll have to check them all until I find it. :banghead:

Glenn

Roger
September 30th, 2014, 09:58
At The Flightsim store I'm not seeing a free download for the FsX Battlefield Airlifter, only my original order for the C-27?

monk1
September 30th, 2014, 12:10
At The Flightsim store I'm not seeing a free download for the FsX Battlefield Airlifter, only my original order for the C-27?

Same issue here Roger. It appears the new version is now for sale at the Flightsim Store however my account only shows a download link for the original. I've emailed them to see when/if they're planning to upgrade accounts of existing customers.

CG_1976
September 30th, 2014, 12:37
Yep I am in the same boat, FSS waiting for them to update current C27J customer's.

Portia911
September 30th, 2014, 13:55
Good to go for those of us that originally purchased from SimMarket.

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 14:19
For those of you who've purchased the C-27 from FSS, the file name will be the same as the original, though the installer should be newer. Have you tried downloading the installer to check?

ST0RM
September 30th, 2014, 14:22
I got mine from FS PilotShop. It shows the file was updated back on 14 June 2014, so I dont think they've got the newest version yet.

-Jeff

Roger
September 30th, 2014, 14:22
For those of you who've purchased the C-27 from FSS, the file name will be the same as the original, though the installer should be newer. Have you tried downloading the installer to check?

No David, but I will now:ernaehrung004:

Ferry_vO
September 30th, 2014, 14:30

The name has changed (Iris_Airforce_tact_fsx.exe) , and so has the file size! Downloading now! :encouragement:

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 14:34
Awesome... The installer will say Battlefield Airlifter V1.1 when you run it anyway. If it doesn't, then well.. it's old. If it's not updated, please let me know and I'll chase it up with Adrian.

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 14:45
Quick question for David regarding the VC on the model, I see that some of the different pedestal display units are black indicating they are either not on or the gauge/placeholder texture are not in place. Searching through the manual, I did not see any reference on this or if there is an option but noticed some of the buttons on the center & right FMS are clickable but with no function. Is there a way to enable these displays or at least get the placeholder appearance of the original version?

monk1
September 30th, 2014, 14:46
Awesome... The installer will say Battlefield Airlifter V1.1 when you run it anyway. If it doesn't, then well.. it's old. If it's not updated, please let me know and I'll chase it up with Adrian.

Looks like the updated model is at the Flightsim Store, same name for the downlink but the file is different than it was a few hours ago!! I believe iris_airforce_tact_fsx.exe is correct? Will know upon installing no doubt.

Ferry_vO
September 30th, 2014, 14:47

Quick check before bedtime, and it is indeed updated at the Flightsim Store! :encouragement:

Daube
September 30th, 2014, 14:48
I didn't know there was a specific licence for P3D. :/
I have installed the newest version in my P3D v2.3 (I don't use FSX anymore).
The plane works quite well but I found a small issue: during the approach for landing, I had some error popups (the sim didn't crash) about some missing sounds files with a name containing "PC-9".
From what I understand, the C-27 or one of its gauges is trying to use a sound from the PC-9, which is not installed in my P3D.

From what was written here a bit earlier, I understand I can buy the P3D version of the C-27 with an interesting discount, because I had already bought the FSX version. But will this issue dissappear if I buy the real P3D version ?

Daube
September 30th, 2014, 14:50
Quick question for David regarding the VC on the model, I see that some of the different pedestal display units are black indicating they are either not on or the gauge/placeholder texture are not in place. Searching through the manual, I did not see any reference on this or if there is an option but noticed some of the buttons on the center & right FMS are clickable but with no function. Is there a way to enable these displays or at least get the placeholder appearance of the original version?

Same issue on my side.
Also, in the original version, there was a 3D copilot, right ? How can we activate it again with the newest version ? (or is it again a problem because I don't have the P3D version ? )

Roger
September 30th, 2014, 15:24
At last I can fly the Spartan!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/0rN9g.jpg

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 16:05
A couple of other things ive notice

There appears to be a model missing, there is no AWAC model as shown in the screenshots and the GPS gauge fills the screen and the model randomly bounces in sets of 3 occasionally while sitting idle

the FMC is difficult to read while in the chair, maybe a pop up window or new view

no options menu like the previous version?

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 16:13
A couple of other things ive notice

There appears to be a model missing, there is no AWAC model as shown in the screenshots and the GPS gauge fills the screen and the model randomly bounces in sets of 3 occasionally while sitting idle

the FMC is difficult to read while in the chair, maybe a pop up window or new view

no options menu like the previous version?

Matt, the AWAC and Gunship models are available within subsets of the FMS menu as are many other options. I agree, the GPS gauge needs to be sized down a bit.

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 16:17
Matt, the AWAC and Gunship models are available within subsets of the FMS menu as are many other options. I agree, the GPS gauge needs to be sized down a bit.

cheers found it, just trying to read the text without having to zoom all the way in is proving to be lesser than enjoyable, it needs a popup or new view

jojohnson9
September 30th, 2014, 16:31
Yep I am in the same boat, FSS waiting for them to update current C27J customer's.
I just downloaded what I think is the new version from FlightSim Store...iris_airforce_tact_fsx.

ST0RM
September 30th, 2014, 16:34
I'm screwed, thanks to FS PilotShop. They require an additional fee to reactivate the link to something I've already paid for.

I wont EVER do business with them again.

Gdavis101
September 30th, 2014, 16:38
I can't get the GPS to display at all, I am running three monitors but even in Windowed mode with it compacted down to one screen I can't get it to show. I have made the adjustments I have found for other aircraft when using 3 monitors but it will not except it at all. Went back to the old C-27 and the GPS worked there, tried copying that part of the panel config over but still it does not seem to work. Ideas?

I have added in

window_size= 0.333, 0.874
and even
size_mm=5040, 1050
Pixel_size=5040, 1050

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 16:44
I can't get the GPS to display at all, I am running three monitors but even in Windowed mode with it compacted down to one screen I can't get it to show. I have made the adjustments I have found for other aircraft when using 3 monitors but it will not except it at all. Went back to the old C-27 and the GPS worked there, tried copying that part of the panel config over but still it does not seem to work. Ideas?

I have added in

window_size= 0.333, 0.874
and even
size_mm=5040, 1050
Pixel_size=5040, 1050

try this

just remove the whole GPS entry completely and copy a paste a entry from a stock ac

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 16:49
just revised the textures for the correct RAAF scheme to suite the newer models so its no longer a fictional scheme

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4893-iris-c-27j-spartan-raaf-a34-001/

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/nyUoH.gif

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 17:21
I didn't know there was a specific licence for P3D. :/
I have installed the newest version in my P3D v2.3 (I don't use FSX anymore).
The plane works quite well but I found a small issue: during the approach for landing, I had some error popups (the sim didn't crash) about some missing sounds files with a name containing "PC-9".
From what I understand, the C-27 or one of its gauges is trying to use a sound from the PC-9, which is not installed in my P3D.

From what was written here a bit earlier, I understand I can buy the P3D version of the C-27 with an interesting discount, because I had already bought the FSX version. But will this issue dissappear if I buy the real P3D version ?

Im getting the same, even after a re install, this applies to the bouncing as well

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 18:03
Folks, I encountered the same sound error when I was shooting an ILS and it seems to happen when one of the gauges or ini files is referencing the missing sounds for the marker beacons (those who do not have the Iris PC-9 as I don't). So, I created a null file using 3 silent files to temporarily alleviate the issue until a fix is made. Just unzip this file and place in your FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder and the issue will be resolved.

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 18:41
Hi guys, just eating lunch, but I wanted to thank you all for some great suggestions! We're aware of the issue with the marker beacon sounds linked to the PC-9 and that'll be addressed this afternoon. I'll advise you all when a hotfix is ready.

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 18:52
ive revised the NZ and RAAF EW paints

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/5Pa6y.gif

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/...n-rnzaf-nz7008/ (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1948-iris-c-27j-spartan-rnzaf-nz7008/)

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/nVPxi.gif

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/...aaf-2-sqn-aewc/ (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1991-iris-c-27j-spartan-raaf-2-sqn-aewc/)

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 19:24
The only other issue I have encountered so far is that I've had trouble with the autopilot approach hold working correctly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. The issues being that it tracks s-turning back & forth on the localizer after capture and sometimes does not capture the glideslope at all. The instruments track perfectly and flying the ILS by hand with the new instrumentation is a vast improvement over the previous version. I tried a couple of adjustments to the A/P section of the config but to no avail. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the A/P controls work pretty much flawlessly.

Smudge
September 30th, 2014, 20:46
Storm,

I can't say I've had a huge issue with ILS hold. Normally I put it in Approach hold when I'm already established on the ILS. That being said, double check to make sure your PFD isn't set to MSN as the nav priority otherwise it won't hold the ILS.

YoYo
September 30th, 2014, 21:11
Btw. Confirmed, in Flightsimstore I take 1.1 version (updated) from my old links.

Not many free time to check all, maybe after the weekend :( but Thank You! :wavey:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/iris_zpsa5abc900.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/iris_zpsa5abc900.jpg.html)

Daube
September 30th, 2014, 22:36
Hi guys, just eating lunch, but I wanted to thank you all for some great suggestions! We're aware of the issue with the marker beacon sounds linked to the PC-9 and that'll be addressed this afternoon. I'll advise you all when a hotfix is ready.

What if we install the freeware version of the IRIS classics PC9 ? Does that archive includes the sounds we're talking about ?

Gdavis101
September 30th, 2014, 22:48
try this

just remove the whole GPS entry completely and copy a paste a entry from a stock ac

That did the trick! Thank you.. I thought I had tried that but it turned out I just copied the one off of the back up I made and pasted it onto the CFG file again.. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy..

StormILM
September 30th, 2014, 22:53
Storm,

I can't say I've had a huge issue with ILS hold. Normally I put it in Approach hold when I'm already established on the ILS. That being said, double check to make sure your PFD isn't set to MSN as the nav priority otherwise it won't hold the ILS.

David,

I made a double check and made sure the PFD was set to TCN & not MSN. The localizer captured pretty well but there's still a tendency for it tracking back & forth (s-turning) on the beam. Also, at some point during the initial localizer capture, there is no pitch hold (I have to manually fly the pitch axis) until the glideslope is intercepted. Once on G/S, it tracks straight as an arrow locked on pitch and heading all the way down the ILS.

Crusader
September 30th, 2014, 23:03
I'm screwed, thanks to FS PilotShop. They require an additional fee to reactivate the link to something I've already paid for.

I wont EVER do business with them again.

I ran into the same thing when I checked my account . A $4.95 "Reactivation Fee" for the download . They lost my business a couple of years ago .

jeansy
September 30th, 2014, 23:11
That did the trick! Thank you.. I thought I had tried that but it turned out I just copied the one off of the back up I made and pasted it onto the CFG file again.. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy..

I use the ozx gps for everything as it shows ai movement and other things

YoYo
October 1st, 2014, 01:17
Btw. is it possibile to do air refuel in this new version? For example with TacPack.

Smudge
October 1st, 2014, 01:36
I've not tried to with TacPack to be honest. No TacPack functions have been added at this stage though.

That being said, there is a way to do it in the manual, possibly near the end. I can't recall though. Or it's under the fuel panel section.

Smudge
October 1st, 2014, 01:48
I'm uploading a new patch. This is the changelog from today's feedback.

Build Number: 1.1.5.141001.1823

Items Fixed

· Marker Beacon audio files no longer cause a software fault.
· GPS No longer fills the entire screen.
· GPWS callouts no longer happen when taking off.
· Added missing Formation Lights to the right side of the Blank White paint-scheme.

Features altered

· Payload values set to empty on initial load.
· Flaps Warning now occurs at 10 knots below flap limits.
· ECS Fan volume reduced in virtual cockpit.
· Maryland ANG paint corrected.
· Replaced switch, knob and button audio files.
· Corrected landing gear handle texture.

Features added

· FMS view added to Virtual Cockpit.

Smudge
October 1st, 2014, 01:52
Here's a direct link. Just install to the platform you require. :)

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/files/hotfix_ba_115.exe

YoYo
October 1st, 2014, 07:48
No TacPack functions have been added at this stage though.

But maybe idea for a next small update (only In flight refuel option with TacPack). Its a few code lines in the model, You know it better for sure :).

btw. thx for quick update!

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/C27J_1_zps0799fc64.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/C27J_123_zps29989350.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/C27J_12_zpsa41ff1e2.jpg~original

rsgunner
October 1st, 2014, 11:01
I am missing a middle_marker wav from the SYS folder.

Anyone else getting that message?

I checked the SYS folder and it is not there.

BTW does anyone have the proposed US Army version images?

Russ

YoYo
October 1st, 2014, 11:07
I am missing a middle_marker wav from the SYS folder.

Anyone else getting that message?

I checked the SYS folder and it is not there.

Russ

I have the same error :\. I hope it will fixed soon.

+ some problems with thumbnails (they show not exactly this model), same with 3d model in preview in fsx menu (example grey skin of RAAF)

1 more shot. Btw. nice fps with 5 MFD...

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/Screenshot2035570_zps60a6a0b7.jpg~original

Fireball6
October 1st, 2014, 12:49
Thank you David and your team for giving us this update - i like it a lot ! Imho it is a great customer-support that Irissimulations is doing this way :applause:

YoYo
October 1st, 2014, 13:04
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/Screenshot48927_zps58a9a5c6.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/Screenshot2455533_zps51695ceb.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/Screenshot24533_zpsba03bd8e.jpg~original

Sieggie
October 1st, 2014, 14:09
For those who have bought on the FS Pilot shop. Check your accounts again. Mine has a free download as of around Noon EST. I have a feeling you were looking at the old version. My old version expired 2 years ago but today it was active again after they uploaded the new version.

Dave

ST0RM
October 1st, 2014, 14:56
Thank you for the update. Yes, the link has been reopened by FS PilotShop, but wasnt not as of yesterday. It appears as though they posted the new aircraft today.

-Jeff

monk1
October 1st, 2014, 15:13
The only other issue I have encountered so far is that I've had trouble with the autopilot approach hold working correctly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. The issues being that it tracks s-turning back & forth on the localizer after capture and sometimes does not capture the glideslope at all. The instruments track perfectly and flying the ILS by hand with the new instrumentation is a vast improvement over the previous version. I tried a couple of adjustments to the A/P section of the config but to no avail. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the A/P controls work pretty much flawlessly.

Same issue here. Checked, double checked, triple checked, everything set correctly. ILS autopilot tracking is dodgy for me.

Agree, fantastic improvement. Very nice flight dynamics. Very nice having all the options through the FMC control panel. Well done!

Smudge
October 1st, 2014, 15:28
Hi guys,

I've been chatting to some other guys recently and they'e offered up some model changes, so expect a new full build early next week to 1.2 :)

It's great having all this feedback.

BTW, if you're a painter and want some of your paints added to the core product to be distributed with the product please let me know.

Smudge
October 1st, 2014, 16:12
Also, we'll look into TacPack refuelling and defensive systems.

And finally, would you like the Co-Pilot's MFD to be independant of the pilot's MFD and the other two FMS units coded to be seperate even if that comes with a slight performance loss?

StormILM
October 1st, 2014, 16:24

And finally, would you like the Co-Pilot's MFD to be independant of the pilot's MFD and the other two FMS units coded to be seperate even if that comes with a slight performance loss?

That would be great! Perhaps it can be set up as an option so both the folks who have high end and lower end system specs can optimize for best performance.

monk1
October 1st, 2014, 20:22
Thank goodness the exterior wasn't changed. It was beautiful to begin with and all the old paints still work far as I can tell. The new flight dynamics are a pure joy! Didn't someone mention a prospective US Army paint? That would be nice.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/prtscrn/Barte.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/prtscrn/Tollb.jpg

YoYo
October 1st, 2014, 21:52

Ad 1/ Yes, yes, yes for TacPack ifr option! :applause:

Ad 2/ not very necessarily, perhaps it will have big impact for fps, now is very good with fps.

Thank You David!

btw. maybe NVG otion with TacPack too? (like in Dino's models: LCtrl+LShtf+N from VC only, default key for night vision googles)

The new pilot will come to us "and updated art to populate the previously blank panels" :D:

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10418363_10152718097062416_5736062541502204367_n.j pg?oh=90776c16be08a994c99cc0656568a452&oe=54D0BAEC

Daube
October 2nd, 2014, 05:43
How can I activate the co-pilot in the virtual cockpit ?
It seems to me that it would show in the original version, right ? But in the new version, I can't find how to show him/her...

Ferry_vO
October 2nd, 2014, 05:51
How can I activate the co-pilot in the virtual cockpit ?
It seems to me that it would show in the original version, right ? But in the new version, I can't find how to show him/her...

It will be added back in the coming update!

modelr
October 2nd, 2014, 06:22
It will be added back in the coming update!

Great! I for one hate flying in an empty cockpit. It's not natural, or real. Nor is it real having an empty pilots seat.

Ferry_vO
October 2nd, 2014, 11:18
David, I love the new model but I do like the old AC-27 model a bit better, it just more menacing to me. I tried to use the old model with the new VC and flight dynamics, and everything works fine except the propellers which do not spin at all.. Is there an easy way to fix this..?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-10-0221-10-02-17_zpsf3a07ca2.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-10-0221-10-02-17_zpsf3a07ca2.jpg.html)

rsgunner
October 2nd, 2014, 12:32
If you have the latest IRIS PC9A the middle_maker wav file is in the PC9-AUDIO Folder.

Copy and paste it to the sound/SYS folder in Battlefield Airlifter. Works perfectly.

Russ

Smudge
October 2nd, 2014, 13:17
Ferry,

Unfortunately there really is no quick fix for it, though I agree, the older AC-27J model looks more 'beefy', I'll see about adding it in as a model option in 1.2

YoYo
October 2nd, 2014, 14:17
If you have the latest IRIS PC9A the middle_maker wav file is in the PC9-AUDIO Folder.

Copy and paste it to the sound/SYS folder in Battlefield Airlifter. Works perfectly.

Russ

I havent PC-9 so I have this:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/th_Nowy-3_zps47402604.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/Nowy-3_zps47402604.jpg.html)

But not a big problem now for me, I can wait for 1.2 update.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/Screenshot106538_zpscce0d741.jpg~original

Btw. No NVG is nedeed. This HUD for night opertion works well (must read the manual : ] finally ).

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/C-27JSpartan_1_zps55858949.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/C-27J%20Spartan/C-27JSpartan_1_zps55858949.jpg.html)

doublecool
October 2nd, 2014, 15:53
just a heads up... roundel missing port side

Smudge
October 2nd, 2014, 17:36
Thanks doublecool... I want to update and replace that scheme anyway. ;)

ST0RM
October 2nd, 2014, 18:45

Stinger II

A while back, for the older model, I modified the Combat Talon repaint by changing the tail number and adding the scorpion. CaptSim Weps allows me to "shoot"

Thanks to the IRIS Team for this update. Cant wait for Ver. 1.2

Jeff

YoYo
October 3rd, 2014, 03:21
The new nice skin:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10648309_10152720814612416_3603020947961280185_o.j pg

rvn817j
October 3rd, 2014, 12:01
The middle marker .wav file is also in the PC-21 Sound file.

Thanks for the updates Dave (better late than never). They are quite good.

YoYo
October 3rd, 2014, 12:51
The middle marker .wav file is also in the PC-21 Sound file.

Thanks for the updates Dave (better late than never). They are quite good.

Good find! I have PC-21. Thanks!

rvn817j
October 3rd, 2014, 15:46
Good find! I have PC-21. Thanks!

You are very welcome. Love your screenies!

Victory103
October 3rd, 2014, 16:11
Just wanted to confirm the older download is "DBS-385.zip" from the Flightsim Pilot Shop? That's all I have showing from a 2011 purchase date for the original.

henrystreet
October 3rd, 2014, 16:40
Just wanted to confirm the older download is "DBS-385.zip" from the Flightsim Pilot Shop? That's all I have showing from a 2011 purchase date for the original.

Yes it has the same file name as the original. Check the "last updated" date on your order page for it. Should say the last week or so.

jeansy
October 3rd, 2014, 16:54
The new nice skin:

yuck! it looks only half complete

Thats based off a fictional artist impression of a what if

Smudge
October 3rd, 2014, 18:19
Thanks Jeansy, I'm glad you like it... took me most of the day to do, and it's based of the old caribou paint scheme.

jeansy
October 3rd, 2014, 18:49
Thanks Jeansy, I'm glad you like it... took me most of the day to do, and it's based of the old caribou paint scheme.

i apologize i meant to say yuck that scheme doesnt suite it and in its current pictured form its very pre 2007 speculation, as there is nothing on the image saying work in progress, i amused its a completed livery and to me, knowing what your trying to achieve, for me it looks incomplete with the incorrect sqn markings and green underside, however its a work in progress shot, well yes i could understand

and look of it from a Australians perspective, its like posting a vintage Ansett paint with a Qantas red tail without finishing it off with on a 777, but the thing i cant understand is why keep and add fictional RAAF schemes in the package instead of adding a true to life one.

CG_1976
October 3rd, 2014, 20:42
Pardon me, is that tail logo on the RAAF scheme a Dingo?? Have to ask as I never seen that logo, educational curiousness.

jeansy
October 3rd, 2014, 21:13
Pardon me, is that tail logo on the RAAF scheme a Dingo?? Have to ask as I never seen that logo, educational curiousness.

It was the former tail marking of 38Sdqn when they operated caribous, the animal as seen in the Sdqn crest, it was decommissioned 5 yrs ago when they decommissioned the caribou and replaced it with the Kingair 350s and now use 38 Sdqn as a training Sdqn

http://www.airforce.gov.au/raafmuseum/research/images/units/038sqn.gif

RKinkor
October 4th, 2014, 13:58
Wondering if anybody could help with this as this is a new error I have not ran into before. After I selected the aircraft for the first time FSX asked me if I wanted run a Doug Dowson guage I think and selected yes assuming it was something for the panel. Immediately after that I got warning Load Sound File Failed error box for the files Buzz3 and AV_Fan. I checked and files are where they (I assume) belong. I have tried restarting after install and that did not help, it still gives the load sound file failed error box but it did not ask about the guage. I was going to uninstall and reinstall it but there is uninstaller to be found. Any help would be appreciated.

YoYo
October 4th, 2014, 22:26
"Version 1.2 of the Battlefield Airlifter is now available for download from the IRIS Storefront.
Simply log into your account and re-download the product from your original purchase invoice. We will be informing other distributors of the updated files today."

David has a birthday Today?

ST0RM
October 5th, 2014, 08:17
Wow, that was fast. While I wait for it to show up at FS Pilotshop, I hope to read some reviews of the new features.

Thanks IRIS!

Jeff

Sieggie
October 5th, 2014, 08:23
Storm,

It has been available ar FS Pilot for a couple of days now.

Dave

Ferry_vO
October 5th, 2014, 08:40
Storm,

It has been available ar FS Pilot for a couple of days now.

Dave, this is the updated updated version. ;-)

dvj
October 5th, 2014, 09:05
not yet on PC Aviator.

Sieggie
October 5th, 2014, 09:31
Ah, an update to the patch of the update is now available. I did not realize that. They really should allow all of us that bought it on 3rd party sites access to the updates on their webpage to alleviate all of this confusion with updates. When the first version came out, we could get the updates directly from the forums.

Thanks, I will also watch for it.

Dave

big-mike
October 5th, 2014, 09:49
Ah, an update to the patch of the update is now available. I did not realize that. They really should allow all of us that bought it on 3rd party sites access to the updates on their webpage to alleviate all of this confusion with updates. When the first version came out, we could get the updates directly from the forums.

Thanks, I will also watch for it.

Dave

Agreed-----i hate it to dl the whole thing again and again,only because it`s patched.
Mike

Timber
October 5th, 2014, 10:43
I finally called them and the Battlefield Airlifter is there. Just go to your original download and click on download; you will see iris_battlefield_airlifter_fsx. Mark said they had some troubles and would be getting the front page info up this weekend. Course now we have to wait for the new build to be brought in:jump::jump:

Timber
October 5th, 2014, 10:59
For some reason, might well be my old brain, I cannot figure out how to activate the GPS. In the Spartan there was a Nav/GPS toggle on the panel, and another thing. The preflight check off for the Center Console says to place the NAV-GPS/FMC switch in NAV position. I cannot find that switch. any clues?

Cheers,
Ken

Smudge
October 5th, 2014, 19:00
Hi guys, I had a great birthday yesterday, thanks very much. I spent some well earned downtime with the family, which is what it's all about for me!

Back to work today though (boo hiss.. lol ;) )

Timber, to activate the GPS tracking in the aircraft, I normally follow a few steps, though only two are required.

1. Ensure the PFD NAV mode shows MSN (MISSION/PLAN) not TCN (TACAN/NAV) by pressing the NAV button on the left side of the PFD.
2. Ensure the aircraft autopilot is in NAV hold mode and A/P master is on (either pilot or co-pilot side).

I also make sure my Pilot CDI Source knob is set to PLN so that the PFD NAV1 information area is showing mission data.

I'll adjust the manual checklist accordingly. :)

As for the full build, that was something we couldn't really get around. If there are code changes, we can often provide them as hotfixes as they're pretty much useless without the product, though 1.2 features updates to the visual models and we can't provide them as part of any freely downloadable update on the website without an original purchase.

Timber
October 5th, 2014, 19:15
Thank you very much Smudge, really appreciate what you have done and are doing.

Smudge
October 5th, 2014, 19:59
Not a problem Timber. :)

CG_1976
October 5th, 2014, 21:02
Getting V1.1 at FSS still.

Smudge
October 5th, 2014, 21:36
I sent all the stores updated links last night, so they'll get them uploaded asap.. whenever that is. :)

narah
October 6th, 2014, 00:19

You might keep version 1.1. I have reverted from 1.2. to 1.1. because of frame rate drop with 1.2. Please note, it´s probably my computer setup and it is not really bad, but it feels
that 1.1. is more stable on frames. Happy to have it anyway, great add-on.

RKinkor
October 6th, 2014, 04:47
Wondering if anybody could help with this as this is a new error I have not ran into before. After I selected the aircraft for the first time FSX asked me if I wanted run a Doug Dowson guage I think and selected yes assuming it was something for the panel. Immediately after that I got warning Load Sound File Failed error box for the files Buzz3 and AV_Fan. I checked and files are where they (I assume) belong. I have tried restarting after install and that did not help, it still gives the load sound file failed error box but it did not ask about the guage. I was going to uninstall and reinstall it but there is uninstaller to be found. Any help would be appreciated.Will v 1.2 fix these problems?

YoYo
October 6th, 2014, 08:23

Hmmm, same from Flight Sim Store. I downloded now 228Mb (in the store 222.79Mb), but in install screen I see 1.1v.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/C-27J_Spartan_8_zpseee9bd67.jpg~original (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/C-27J%20Spartan/C-27J_Spartan_8_zpseee9bd67.jpg.html)

Smudge
October 6th, 2014, 12:13
Will v 1.2 fix these problems?

Yes, it will. :)

Chris Sykes
October 6th, 2014, 23:33
David I sent you an email for the P3D voucher code did you receive it?

rsgunner
October 7th, 2014, 03:32
David

I sent a request also on 10/1 and have received no response.

Russ

YoYo
October 7th, 2014, 03:44
When FSS will add this 1.2 version? Still I see 1.1 :( .

wizzards
October 7th, 2014, 08:48
Hi purchased from just flight on 1.10.14,and have just received an Email stating v1.2 available in my account ,downloaded and Installed, could any one kindly explain why Just flight supposed version 1.2 shows v1.1 when installing,I now have full screen GPS again and the FMS click point has vanished from the right click menu,what have I done wrong or has just flight made a mistake with the file version ,unfortunately i can not find out what version I am downloading from just flight until I install it,the file size is the same size as the original 228.78mb,I have already posted on Iris forum but forgot to mention file size
thanks for reading
peter

CG_1976
October 8th, 2014, 00:05
Bump for Smudge

StormILM
October 8th, 2014, 00:14
Simmarket still hasn't put 1.2 up yet. When the original release was sent to them by David, they did get it posted fairly quickly. Hopefully they will update it soon.

Smudge
October 8th, 2014, 00:55
Hi guys,

1.2 was uploaded to the IRIS Servers on the 5th of October and the distributors were notified the same day. I've not received any email returns so as far as I know they have the files.

I'll nudge them this evening to see if there is any issue. Unfortunately whilst we can control the speed of things being uploaded to IRIS, we can't control how fast the distributors update their files (or read their emails!).

David.

YoYo
October 8th, 2014, 01:57
David, installator of 1.2 looks too same like this: http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/iris_zpsa5abc900.jpg (with 1.1)?

I recived Today info from FSS shop (from my Ticket):

"Your file has been updated. All you need to do is re download your existing file and the updated version you will have".

But I see 1.1 installator.

morpheusfz
October 8th, 2014, 04:59
Same Problem on Just Flight, get an e-Mail that 1.2 is availible but download is only the Old 1.1 install file. Same Problem on FSX or P3D file 😒

YoYo
October 8th, 2014, 09:38
In FSS is Build Number: RTM140926-1954. Is it a 1.1? And this instalator: http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/iris_zpsa5abc900.jpg.html .
In manual is 1.2 (27/09/14).

monk1
October 8th, 2014, 10:01
Is it possible the version number was not updated in the new installer? IRIS, can you check this for us?

wizzards
October 8th, 2014, 10:04
Hello just to confirm that I have just downloaded v1.2 from just flight ,INSTALLER says 1.2 thank god

Fireball6
October 8th, 2014, 10:09
I'd just downloaded from Flightsimstore - Installer is V 1.1 - Did a new Installation to check it out - it is 1.1 !! No new Installer at Flightsimstore until now ! It is my 11 th try in two days - now i give up (I think for myself it is better not buying there anymore). Next Time direct from IRIS :lemo:

Smudge
October 8th, 2014, 15:46
Is it possible the version number was not updated in the new installer? IRIS, can you check this for us?

Version numbers in the installers should be 1.2 I downloaded them from the IRIS Server last night to triple check. Definately 1.2 on the IRIS Store.

monk1
October 8th, 2014, 16:46
Version numbers in the installers should be 1.2 I downloaded them from the IRIS Server last night to triple check. Definately 1.2 on the IRIS Store.

Excellent, thanks for the quick response. I've emailed The FlightSim Store to hopefully nudge them along. :encouragement:

StormILM
October 8th, 2014, 17:12
Excellent, thanks for the quick response. I've emailed The FlightSim Store to hopefully nudge them along. :encouragement:

I sent a similar ticket to Simmarket. We'll see how fast they respond.

CG_1976
October 8th, 2014, 19:50
Testing FSS C27J file, there has been a file size change recent.

YoYo
October 8th, 2014, 21:21
Ok, in FSS now is 1.2 too :) (230Mb).

racartron
October 8th, 2014, 21:25
"Ok, in FSS now is 1.2 too :) (230Mb). "

Daggone it. Ya beat me to it.:cowboy:

Sieggie
October 9th, 2014, 06:04
FS Pilot Shop has updated to version 1.2

Dave

Smudge
October 9th, 2014, 06:12
I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your patience with the distributors and our release of version 1.2. We e-mailed all the stores again yesterday to clarify the initial e-mail we had sent them on Sunday so remove any confusion they may have had.

As it stands, we are aware that all stores with the exception of possibly one or two now have version 1.2 available for all customers.

If you find that your store of purchase has not updated the files to 1.2 within the next 24 hours, please let me know and I'll once again chase it up with the distributor in question.

Thanks

David.

Timber
October 9th, 2014, 07:27
I'm not hearing the engines when in the reverse thrust and wondering if it's just my setup; in fact the cockpit becomes very quite. Anyone else hearing the engines when they go into reverse.

RKinkor
October 9th, 2014, 07:27
Wondering if anybody could help with this as this is a new error I have not ran into before. After I selected the aircraft for the first time FSX asked me if I wanted run a Doug Dowson guage I think and selected yes assuming it was something for the panel. Immediately after that I got warning Load Sound File Failed error box for the files Buzz3 and AV_Fan. I checked and files are where they (I assume) belong. I have tried restarting after install and that did not help, it still gives the load sound file failed error box but it did not ask about the guage. I was going to uninstall and reinstall it but there is uninstaller to be found. Any help would be appreciated.
Downloaded version 1.2 just now from the flightsim.com store and installed over the version 1.1 Battle field airlifter as there is NO uninstaller for 1.1 (and none for 1.2 either btw) and I still have the same problems as noted above. It must be my system (heard that one before) so I am done with this.

assassinezzio
October 9th, 2014, 07:48
Have you tried uninstalling via your pc's control panel, and then installing v1.2?

Allen

YoYo
October 9th, 2014, 07:52
Have you tried uninstalling via your pc's control panel, and then installing v1.2?

Allen

No uninstall icon here too.

assassinezzio
October 9th, 2014, 08:09
My apologies, I stand corrected.

YoYo
October 9th, 2014, 08:32
Best way to do installation of 1.1 in empty folder, check files and manually uninstall all this files from FSX folder.
Next step is install 1.2 v.
I did like this.

monk1
October 9th, 2014, 08:39
Best way to do installation of 1.1 in empty folder, check files and manually uninstall all this files from FSX folder.
Next step is install 1.2 v.
I did like this.

Maybe David can clarify this for us, are we better off uninstalling v1.1 first or is it OK to install v1.2 over v1.1?

-Bob

dauribe
October 9th, 2014, 12:05
I sent a similar ticket to Simmarket. We'll see how fast they respond.

I did the same and what you have to do is buy the aircraft again.. you wont be charged as long as you use the same account you used to buy the old version.

"UPDATE OFFER
If you previously purchased IRIS AIRFORCE SERIES - TACTICAL AIRLIFTER at simMarket, you are entitled for a free upgrade. Simply purchase the product and you will not be charged. NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version! If in doubt contact simMarket support first! NO REFUNDS GIVEN! "

Dan

YoYo
October 9th, 2014, 13:28
@narah
"You might keep version 1.1. I have reverted from 1.2. to 1.1. because of frame rate drop with 1.2. Please note, it´s probably my computer setup and it is not really bad, but it feels
that 1.1. is more stable on frames. Happy to have it anyway, great add-on."

You are not alone. The same. I see fps drop near of 30% in 1.2 vs 1.1.
Maybe optimalisation patch is needed?

ST0RM
October 9th, 2014, 13:57
Is anything TacPack supported in 1.2?

Namely air refueling and countermeasures?

Jeff

henrystreet
October 9th, 2014, 14:15
@Yoyo

When I saw the requests for all the FMS's to be lit up and the copilot figure, was worried that there might be a frame drop.

YoYo
October 9th, 2014, 14:27
Ad 1/ Yes, yes, yes for TacPack ifr option! :applause:

Ad 2/ not very necessarily, perhaps it will have big impact for fps, now is very good with fps.

Thank You David!

Me too. Just I think - the problem of FPS concerns 2 new and independent MFD. Figure and HUD without FPS impact.

StormILM
October 9th, 2014, 14:32
Simmarket closed my ticket today pointing to the "free upgrade" purchase option (which pointed me back to what I already have). They obviously missed/ignored what I wrote them which explained everything in detail. No biggie, will just wait it out which I'm sure will be rectified soon.

henrystreet
October 9th, 2014, 14:38
Smudge, put your fingers in your ears (ahh...eyes):mixed-smiley-010:

Yoyo,

try this in panel config:

YoYo
October 9th, 2014, 15:35

Ahh, ok, I will try, Thx a lot!

btw. very, very nice skin:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/C-27J%20Spartan/C-27J_Spartan_10_zpsfbc433ed.jpg~original

henrystreet
October 9th, 2014, 15:46
very fun airplane to fly! :encouragement:

Smudge
October 9th, 2014, 16:31
Smudge, put your fingers in your ears (ahh...eyes):mixed-smiley-010:

Yoyo,

<fingers in ears> La la la... lol.

Actually, you can do two things to improve performance in 1.2 in regards to the screens. Either you can reduce the pixel_size value in the panel.cfg from 1024,1024 to 512,512 or you can comment out gauges from the VCockpit03 section.

VCockpit03 controls the Copilot's MFD, FMS and standby FMS. It was added in 1.2 to allow you do customise the co-pilot's MFD and not affect the pilot's MFD. So removing the section will remove the Co-Pilot's MFD, and two Co-Pilot FMS units and should increase some performance.

The Copilot model can be removed via the FMS/SYSTEM PAGE/AC CONFIG/ page. :)

Smudge
October 9th, 2014, 16:33
On the subject of upgrading, you should be able to install 1.2 over 1.1 without an issue (I did it here). Though if you want to make sure you don't leave any unwanted files around, before installing 1.2, just delete the IRIS Battlefield Airlifter folder from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder first.

Txmmy83
October 9th, 2014, 16:38
simmarked does not seem to have the updated V1.2

I am originally purchaser of the previous platinum series C27 and received an mail by simmarket about update on Tuesday 30. September
filename iris_airforce_tact_fsx.exe with file size 222 MB Installer downloaded today says V1.1

dauribe
October 9th, 2014, 17:08
simmarked does not seem to have the updated V1.2

I am originally purchaser of the previous platinum series C27 and received an mail by simmarket about update on Tuesday 30. September
filename iris_airforce_tact_fsx.exe with file size 222 MB Installer downloaded today says V1.1

If you bought from simmarket you have to buy the plane again from the same account you bought the old model. It will recognize your account and you won't be charged. A new order will be created in your account with the link to the new version.

Dan.

StormILM
October 9th, 2014, 17:26
If you bought from simmarket you have to buy the plane again from the same account you bought the old model. It will recognize your account and you won't be charged. A new order will be created in your account with the link to the new version.

Dan.

Thanks! I confirm this method will update your account with version 1.2 of the C-27J. Just got to the Iris page at Simmarket and select the Battlefield Airlifter and add it to your cart then check out and purchase it. The charge will show 0.00 before you select the buy now button. From there, version 1.2 will appear in your orders.

StormILM
October 9th, 2014, 17:52
Just ran a little test flight with 1.2 and it went very well. I really like the way the VC's displays are populated now and the Co-Pilot option. Regarding the FPS loss, I noticed only a tiny hit(if any) with some FPS fluctuation but overall this did not affect the smoothness/stability of the visual performance. So far as I am concerned, the Battlefield Airlifter update as a whole is a successful done deal!

Smudge
October 9th, 2014, 19:27
Thanks for the feedback Storm.. :) I'll pass it onto the team!

YoYo
October 9th, 2014, 22:23
<fingers in="" ears=""> La la la... lol.

Actually, you can do two things to improve performance in 1.2 in regards to the screens. Either you can reduce the pixel_size value in the panel.cfg from 1024,1024 to 512,512 or you can comment out gauges from the VCockpit03 section.

VCockpit03 controls the Copilot's MFD, FMS and standby FMS. It was added in 1.2 to allow you do customise the co-pilot's MFD and not affect the pilot's MFD. So removing the section will remove the Co-Pilot's MFD, and two Co-Pilot FMS units and should increase some performance.

The Copilot model can be removed via the FMS/SYSTEM PAGE/AC CONFIG/ page. :)

Thx! I stayed with co pilot, but did this 512 pxt + changed back 2 same MFD only + only one FMS, fps back to 1.1 :):

http://images66.fotosik.pl/259/7f5855ded9ae006f.jpg

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$HUD

gauge00=BA-HUD!HUD, 137, 200, 750, 750
gauge01=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 1,1,1,1, .\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Battlefield Airlifter\sound\C27J_sound.ini
gauge02=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-INIT, 1,1,1,1
gauge03=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-APU, 1,1,1,1
gauge04=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-ELECTRICS, 1,1,1,1
gauge05=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-ECS, 1,1,1,1
gauge06=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-STARTERS, 1,1,1,1
gauge08=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-AUTOPILOT, 1,1,1,1
gauge09=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-BUTTONS, 1,1,1,1
gauge10=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-FUEL, 1,1,1,1
gauge11=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-MISC, 1,1,1,1
gauge12=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-LIGHTING, 1,1,1,1
gauge13=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-AUDIO, 1,1,1,1
gauge14=BA-SYS!C27J-SYS-RF, 1,1,1,1

//************************************************** ***************************

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$AEGIS1

gauge00=BA-AEGIS!FMS-1, 587,681,437,343
gauge01=BA-AEGIS!PFD-1, 0,0,513,680
gauge02=BA-AEGIS!MFD-1, 513,0,513,680
gauge03=BA-AEGIS!SFD-1, 0,681,342,342

gauge04=BA-AEGIS!AEGIS-CFG, 1,1,1,1

//************************************************** ***************************

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$AEGIS2

gauge00=BA-AEGIS!MFD-3, 513,0,513,680

gauge01=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_AP_ALT, 018,186,96,27
gauge02=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_AP_SPD, 123,186,58,27
gauge03=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_AP_BARO, 188,186,76,27
gauge04=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_AP_VS, 018,222,96,27

gauge05=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_FUEL_LMAIN, 018,047,98,27
gauge06=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_FUEL_RAUX, 017,113,98,27
gauge07=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_FUEL_LAUX, 017,080,98,27
gauge08=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_FUEL_RMAIN, 017,148,98,27
gauge09=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_FUEL_TOTAL, 017,016,98,27

gauge10=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_RADIO_TX, 149,059,77,27
gauge11=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_RADIO_NAV, 129,089,117,27
gauge12=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_RADIO_COM, 129,117,117,27
gauge13=BA-AEGIS!DIGI_RADIO_ADF, 129,146,117,27

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$AEGIS3

gauge00=BA-AEGIS!MFD-1, 513,0,513,680
//gauge00=BA-AEGIS!MFD-2, 513,0,513,680
//gauge01=BA-AEGIS!FMS-1, 150,681,437,343
//gauge02=BA-AEGIS!FMS-1, 75,338,437,343

</fingers>

henrystreet
October 10th, 2014, 04:20
Thanks Smudge and YoYo...anything I can do to speed up my rig is always welcome.

Txmmy83
October 10th, 2014, 07:05
just made the repurchase for update charged 0€ thats fine :)

downloading now!

dvj
October 10th, 2014, 08:59
Still no version 1.2 on PC aviator. yesterday's download was still marked at 1.1 in the installer.

Timber
October 10th, 2014, 09:02
Had not seen anything from PC Aviator so gave them a call. Mark said v1.2 "should" be posted by Monday 10-13-14. We run in place. :running:

Christoph_T
October 10th, 2014, 10:45

Dan.

Thanks Dan,
that worked for me too. Now I can finally enjoy that plane again;-)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/Stoffel86/FlightSimulator/4527_zps68d323e9.jpg~original (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stoffel86/media/FlightSimulator/4527_zps68d323e9.jpg.html)

Christoph

YoYo
October 10th, 2014, 13:20
Hmm, I noticed this big hole in VC glass, if You change a position little more. I dont remember this in 1.1.
Can You check it too?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/Screenshot11453_zps3ab16ee1.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/Screenshot11453_zps3ab16ee1.jpg.html)

my glass is broken ;)

stovall
October 10th, 2014, 13:27
Check the cockpit for bird feathers. Also check the condition of your face. Thanks for the heads up.

Smudge
October 10th, 2014, 15:24
Hmm, I noticed this big hole in VC glass, if You change a position little more. I dont remember this in 1.1.
Can You check it too?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/Screenshot11453_zps3ab16ee1.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/Screenshot11453_zps3ab16ee1.jpg.html)

my glass is broken ;)

That's an issue with the HUD cone and the windshield, we've never been able to fix why that happens. :(

Txmmy83
October 10th, 2014, 16:53
Thanks Dan,
that worked for me too. Now I can finally enjoy that plane again;-)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/Stoffel86/FlightSimulator/4527_zps68d323e9.jpg~original (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stoffel86/media/FlightSimulator/4527_zps68d323e9.jpg.html)

Christoph

where did you get that Irish paint is it part of the new version?

Smudge
October 10th, 2014, 19:29
Not one of ours..must be a 3rd party paint. :)

Christoph_T
October 10th, 2014, 22:56
@Txmmy83:
Its a new paint made by myself;-)
I have to do some more steps before it is ready for delivery.

@David:
PLEASE consider to make a new mapping for the radom and the attachment.
It would nice, if we could paint these things in detail.
As said before, this is a well done upgrade!

Christoph

YoYo
October 10th, 2014, 23:48
That's an issue with the HUD cone and the windshield, we've never been able to fix why that happens. :(

Ahh, ok, thx David for the reply.
I never saw it before :banghead: .

Smudge
October 11th, 2014, 00:21
Had not seen anything from PC Aviator so gave them a call. Mark said v1.2 "should" be posted by Monday 10-13-14. We run in place. :running:

Karen emailed them again the other night, received an auto-responder (the 2nd one) stating that there is a delay in communications currently. You're one step further ahead than us. We'll follow it up again on Monday evening our time, unfortunately there's not much we can do.

They've now received 3 emails from us and waiting a further week (from last Monday to this), is bothersome, however we will keep prodding them along until we know for sure the product is available. We apologise for this inconvenience.

Christoph_T
October 11th, 2014, 11:52
Just made a final walk around the C-27 with the fictional paint like you see it on the Casa Cn-235 of the Irish Air Corps.
Working with a new paintkit is like the first flights with a new model. You have to get familiar with all the layer, pros and conts of the delivered paintkit.
In this case, the paint itself was not the deal. The time consuming thing this time was the fact, that Iris put the "NO STEP" signs on the wings but not on the top of the fuselage.
Same goes for the decals of the upper doors. I thought about leaving them out, but than again, I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the solution.
So it took me some time to get everything in place, but now you can see the results. One sad thing: you can't paint the radom in detail to give it the like an AWACS plane for example,
because the attachments are layerd in the same spot. Hopefully David and his team will give it a try.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/Stoffel86/FlightSimulator/WA_zps441d559f.jpg~original (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stoffel86/media/FlightSimulator/WA_zps441d559f.jpg.html)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/Stoffel86/FlightSimulator/WA1_zps3fc763cb.jpg~original (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stoffel86/media/FlightSimulator/WA1_zps3fc763cb.jpg.html)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/Stoffel86/FlightSimulator/WA2_zps713eda74.jpg~original (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stoffel86/media/FlightSimulator/WA2_zps713eda74.jpg.html)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/Stoffel86/FlightSimulator/WA4_zps7b267d77.jpg~original (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stoffel86/media/FlightSimulator/WA4_zps7b267d77.jpg.html)

Feel free to give me some feedback. If you don't find any mistakes from your point of view, I'll take here to a final flight to make some last screenshots. Than its time for delivery.

With best regards from Hamburg,

Christoph

Anthin
October 13th, 2014, 16:06
Thank you Christoph for the Irish Air Corp
repaint.
It looks great.

Regards Anthin

Christoph_T
October 14th, 2014, 00:32
Thank you Christoph for the Irish Air Corp
repaint.
It looks great.

Regards Anthin

Nice to hear that you like it!
Thanks for the feedback:wavey:

Txmmy83
October 27th, 2014, 12:30
hm is it only me or does the new C27_2X_T.psd missing a few very important layers that the old one has?

NO STEP TExt
EH Fore
EH Lines
No Step Lines

best regards,
Thomas

JensOle
October 27th, 2014, 13:25
Hi,

Any chance for getting the real MC-27J gunship and not "the IRIS concept"?

The MC-27J is planed to receive both the GAU-23 30mm cannon and precision weapons, with Raytheon’s Griffin-B missile and MBDA’s Viper-E as confirmed weapons that will be fired from a ramp-mounted Common Launch Tube set. ATK’s own GPS/laser guided Hatchet precision mini-weapon is under evaluation. Airborne test firings of the cannon have already been successfully performed.

Maybe not as fancy as the fantasy concept, but much more likely to actually fly.. :-)

Killbilly
October 27th, 2014, 15:26
Wow. This is a great update! I love the new Airlifter. It's a much cleaner, more immersive, and more fun plane than ever before (and I enjoyed it before). Thanks, IRIS.

strikehawk
November 1st, 2014, 18:30
@ Storm
Jeff I just checked my download at the Pilot Shop and the update was free and I got the original C-27 in 2011 when the price was cut in Dec to $10 and I cashed in my purchase points. Wonder why they are shafting you for a fee. Installing now, can't wait to fly her.

BTW, one more for STORM, can I get a copy of the CS Weapon XML doc that you made for the gunship?