PDA

View Full Version : P3D patch 2.4 coming Monday

Phantom88
September 26th, 2014, 08:51
2.4 will be released Monday 9-29-14
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452190-prepar3d-v24-patch-will-be-released-monday-92914/#entry3083435

DaveWG
September 26th, 2014, 09:01
Great, and Pete Dowson's on holiday again!

falcon409
September 26th, 2014, 10:56
I won't bother with this one. Ver 2.3 is running fine and the list of improvements doesn't show anything that I've had a concern about or feel is necessary at this time. Not going to mess with something that for me. . .isn't broken.

Navy Chief
September 26th, 2014, 11:11
I won't bother with this one. Ver 2.3 is running fine and the list of improvements doesn't show anything that I've had a concern about or feel is necessary at this time. Not going to mess with something that for me. . .isn't broken.

Agree with you on this one for sure. NC

TheGrunt
September 26th, 2014, 11:18
Although I haven't suffered from OOMs at least yet, that fix for the .bgl memory leak is really good stuff. And many rendering fixes may have also postive effect on performance. I'll definitely update my P3D! Besides, I tend to keep all my software and drivers always up to date and I won't make an exception with P3D either. I might wait a compatible FSUIPC version to be released before installing, though :mixed-smiley-010:

FSX people who transferred to P3D can now feel the excitment (and pain) of Xplaners: It is great to have a platform that is under constant developement, but with addons everething may not be so smooth after the update. I have quite easy setup myself so far (that is my P3D isn't bloated yet), so no big harm done even if I have to install everything again: an hour or two and I'm flying again :wiggle:

luckydog
September 26th, 2014, 11:51

Me three. I'm up to 10 hrs. without a hitch so far.............

LD

Naismith
September 26th, 2014, 23:23
Great, and Pete Dowson's on holiday again!
You would think they would coordinate the release with when FSUIPC is up to date rather than attract a myriad of complaints from folks pointing out the obvious. It looks bad on ther forum imo. :banghead:

Phantom88
September 27th, 2014, 04:19

I feel your pain and respect your opinion,The problem with not updating P3D is when developers release New products or update old ones and these will require the newest version of the sim.

DagR
September 29th, 2014, 10:37
Patch 2.4 is live now.

Best regards
Dag

rsgunner
September 29th, 2014, 11:54
My downloads are complete but I am hesitate about attempting to install the update.

For me trying to do the patch last time was a nightmare. No success at all.

I had to do a full install to get the correct version to display.

Russ

falcon409
September 29th, 2014, 12:01
Well. . .I caved, lol. I wasn't going to mess with this because . . .well, several reasons. After talking with some others here and on other forums, I decided to give it a shot by just doing the patch. There is a blow by blow instruction on "How-to" in the LM Forums and by following that I was able to run the patch without losing anything I already had installed. A few "after patch" observations. . .Instant Scenery does not work (imagine that, lol). You'll get the message that it hasn't been tested with this version of P3D and the sim will load, but when you open IS3 you get a quick error message (click OK on that) then you can open the objects libraries, but when you select an object it won't show in the sim if you try to place it, lol. Also, the latest version of FSUIPC appears to work just fine.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=8502

rsgunner
September 29th, 2014, 15:27
I followed the instructions and met with success.

Russ

DagR
October 2nd, 2014, 01:15
Me too, followed the instructions to the last detail and voila :-)

Dag

bobmay
October 2nd, 2014, 02:19
Just a word to those hesitating to install the 2.4 patch. I read the instructions in the LM forum and decided it sounded much too complicated for me so I just downloaded 2.4, took a deep breath, and ran the install wizard. No problems. :encouragement:

I have loads of ex-FSX add-on scenery and add-on planes, they were all still there and working OK after the install, FSUIPC still works, FSTramp still works.

I can't say that I can see any dramatic improvements over 2.3 but I didn't have any problems with that to start with.

Bob.

modelr
October 2nd, 2014, 02:57
Seems the Lockheed Martin Website is down right now. None of my links work. All get a HTTP 500 internal server error, including the front page. Will have to try later.

roger-wilco-66
October 2nd, 2014, 04:51
Probably a temporary effect, access is normal here including the store.

Cheers,
Mark

modelr
October 2nd, 2014, 09:01
yep, downloading now.