PDA

View Full Version : Dino Cattenao's T-45 Goshawk Version 2.70

Peg o my heart
September 22nd, 2014, 08:53
This is likely the last version since he decided to stop supporting the Goshawk. T-45C Goshawk version 2.70 was just released on Sept 20.

VERSION 2.70
- Improved canopy reflection, which hopefully will fit better to P3Dv2 rendering engine
- Addition of canopy "scratch" texture as implemented in the S-3, with option to remove it.
- Optional VC model with working mirrors for P3Dv2 users (comes at a frame rate hit)
- Fix to ADF digital display
- Improved graphics of some gauges, and new ASI/Machmeter and Altimeter models
- Remove the environmental reflection from the external model (users reported rendering problems)
- Fix to a minor backlighting issue in cockpit view
- Fix to a minor glitch in the weapon configurator
- Remastered external textures with additional details
- Helmet visors are now down by default: Exit-3 command will raise them (SHIFT+E and then 3)
- Swapped ADI/HSI default configuration
- Setting pilot or instructor weight to 0 will make the relevant crew figure disappear.

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2014/09/t-45c-goshawk-version-270-final-release.html

JimmyRFR
September 22nd, 2014, 09:09
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm extremely grateful for all of the hard work that Dino has done for the benefit of the flight sim community; I don't begrudge him in the slightest if he wants to put some of these older projects 'to bed'. They're already head and shoulders above all but the very top-tier (and expensive) payware. In fact, him declaring some of the older stuff 'final' means that much sooner that we'll get to fly his next work!

Peg o my heart
September 22nd, 2014, 10:33
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm extremely grateful for all of the hard work that Dino has done for the benefit of the flight sim community; I don't begrudge him in the slightest if he wants to put some of these older projects 'to bed'. They're already head and shoulders above all but the very top-tier (and expensive) payware. In fact, him declaring some of the older stuff 'final' means that much sooner that we'll get to fly his next work!

Nicely said. I couldnt agree more. His works are arguably beyond everyone's expectations especially those are freeware and I personally believe they are at the same level as most of more commercially released military jets.

The Google drive somehow cannot be accessed atm due to large number of people downloading the file. Will try in 24h

ejoiner
September 22nd, 2014, 10:44
Nicely said. I couldnt agree more. His works are arguably beyond everyone's expectations especially those are freeware and I personally believe they are at the same level as most of more commercially released military jets.

The Google drive somehow cannot be accessed atm due to large number of people downloading the file. Will try in 24h

Dinos work is better than most of the military related payware out there in my opinion. Guys like him who GIVE us great works like this are a treasure.

b52bob
September 22nd, 2014, 14:03
I don't think words can express the thanks from all of us in the community for giving us not only the Goshawk, but everything you have released.

Dino, you have thousands of thumbs up :redfire:from all of us

Bob

assassinezzio
September 22nd, 2014, 22:39
Couldn't have said it any better myself Bob.:encouragement:

Dino Cattaneo
September 23rd, 2014, 14:50
All,

thanks a lot for your kind words and continuous support.
The T-45C has been a great success and great fun to make.

Regards

Dino

wallydog
September 23rd, 2014, 21:00
All,

thanks a lot for your kind words and continuous support.
The T-45C has been a great success and great fun to make.

Regards

Dino

Dino,

thanks so much for this beautiful bird. I did some digging on collimation in P3D 2.x and found this short article by Ant. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a collimated hud for P3D 2.x in the future but can't say enough for all the marvelous aircraft already.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/collimated-huds-in-fsx-and-p3d.429842/#post-669019

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachments/collimated-huds-in-fsx-and-p3d-pdf.17482/

manfredc3
September 23rd, 2014, 21:11
Dino,

I have been enjoying the Goshawk for a long time.

Can't add anything more to what has already been said.

Really appreciate all your great work.

spatialpro
September 24th, 2014, 01:20
Is anyone else having trouble downloading this from Google Drive??

Andy

DaveB
September 24th, 2014, 02:02
I downloaded this a few days ago when the HU was posted. When I first clicked on the download at Google Drive, IE reported that the page didn't want to be shown (or something ridiculous like that). I clicked ok and tried again and down it came. Not seen this before but it did download at the second attempt:)

ATB
DaveB

spatialpro
September 24th, 2014, 05:45
Thanks Dave. I've just downloaded it from FlightSim.com instead.

Andy

Dino Cattaneo
September 25th, 2014, 01:15
@Wallydog

Thanks for the link - actually the HUD in the T-45C is collimated (meaning it is "aligned" with the outer world, and simulated a focus-to-infinity optic as in real life). What it is not working in P3Dv2 is the "masking" cone - I am using a method that seems to work fine in FSX but does not work as expected in P3Dv2.
While this is unnoticeable to most users, it is really annoying for people using head-tracking (not to mention the fact that the Oculus Rift is coming) as the HUD is visible outside its frame.
I will look into fixing that when time allows.

@All

The (almost) simultaneous release of the S-3 1.00 and the T-45C 2.70 (along with the fact that both files are over 200 Mb) generated a lot of traffic for Google Drive.
The T-45 is available also at Avsim and Flightsim- I have not yet uploaded the Viking elsewhere due to some minor bugs I'd like to fix.

wombat666
September 25th, 2014, 09:05
Is anyone else having trouble downloading this from Google Drive??

Andy

If you run a pop up blocker (I use Ad Block on Firefox) it needs to be disabled on Google Drive for that page only.
And a big 'Thank you Dino' for your generosity, time and talent.
:triumphant:

manfredc3
September 25th, 2014, 09:44
I did get the Google Drive error message as well, and ended up downloading from Flightsim.com as well. Took much longer, but I just left the comp running, and went to bed.