PDA

View Full Version : my Nephew needs help with a College project

Daveroo
September 16th, 2014, 13:31
maybe you guys can help me...my mind is blank...i guess my recient illness affected me more than i thought...i wasnt getting Oxygen to my brain properly and i cant remember simple things anymore..nor can i remember yesterday...

Hi! 😉

How are you feeling? Hopefully not too terrible. ☹

I was wondering if you could help me with a school assignment. I need 6 different aviation calculations. I already have a Density Altitude calculator, but what else would be some useful stuff? I don't actually need the calculations yet (although it would be nice), just the name of the calculation for now, but I would like there to be a future real world application for this program. All we really need to due for next week is build the tabs that hold each calculation program. Essentially it will be a single program that holds 6 other little programs for aviation. Make sense? Any ideas? Thanx!

Eli Powell

ryanbatc
September 16th, 2014, 13:44
True airspeed
angle of bank required for standard rate turn

rpetty
September 16th, 2014, 14:11
Landings website has a number of online aviation calculators.
http://www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search/rel-calc.html

Wayland
September 16th, 2014, 14:17
Google the Jeppsen E6B whiz wheel, and see what calculations that it can perform. That should cover everything he needs.

Steve

ST0RM
September 16th, 2014, 14:50
Weight & Balance computation

PRB
September 16th, 2014, 15:09
Mach number. And density ratio is a useful value, needed for calculating others.

Mach3DS
September 16th, 2014, 15:48
1. One in 60 Rule
2. Decent FPM to an altitude at 3 degree glideslope
3. Converting Airspeed to nm/min

All useful in practical terms.

Dangerousdave26
September 16th, 2014, 20:08
Swag calculator

Whitehawk
September 16th, 2014, 23:40
Load factor in a level turn