PDA

View Full Version : Bear Studios - Carefull who you purchase from...

Seahawk72s
September 10th, 2014, 04:41
If you are looking to buy Bear Studios Su-30-MMK or Flanker J-11B please take note that only Just Flight is carrying the
most current versions of these aircraft. I bought the Su-30-MMK v1.0 from Flight1 and now discover that they do not carry the v1.3 upgrade.
The same is true for the Flanker J-11B, v1.2 not v1.3. Bear Studios always puts a lot of work into their upgrades so they are well worth getting.
I am hoping this changes in the future but for now it looks like I'll end up buying the Su-30-MMK a second time to get the latest.

noddy
September 10th, 2014, 05:26
Yep in the same boat :pop4:

Martyn
September 10th, 2014, 06:11
I'm sure the updates are sent out to all retailers. I'm not aware of us having an exclusive on the updates. Have you given them a nudge to get the updated version available?

Seahawk72s
September 10th, 2014, 06:42
I'm sure the updates are sent out to all retailers. I'm not aware of us having an exclusive on the updates. Have you given them a nudge to get the updated version available?

I have a ticket open with Flight1 but not heard back yet.

Peg o my heart
September 10th, 2014, 08:55
If you are looking to buy Bear Studios Su-30-MMK or Flanker J-11B please take note that only Just Flight is carrying the
most current versions of these aircraft. I bought the Su-30-MMK v1.0 from Flight1 and now discover that they do not carry the v1.3 upgrade.
The same is true for the Flanker J-11B, v1.2 not v1.3. Bear Studios always puts a lot of work into their upgrades so they are well worth getting.
I am hoping this changes in the future but for now it looks like I'll end up buying the Su-30-MMK a second time to get the latest.

You are really going to buy twice? Cant they (Flight1) just sort it out by getting the most recent version, how hard is that? Sorry to hear this mate and thanks for the information. noted

noddy
September 10th, 2014, 12:30
I left a message via the Flight1 forums and no response.

Martyn
September 11th, 2014, 00:30
If all else fails I would suggest contacting Bill on his Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bear-Studios/587985041222431

I'm sure that he'll sort you out with the latest version.

Seahawk72s
September 11th, 2014, 09:25
If all else fails I would suggest contacting Bill on his Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bear-Studios/587985041222431

I'm sure that he'll sort you out with the latest version. So far two messages have been left for Bill.

It maybe Bill is having problems getting blocked by GFW (Great Firewall of China, also known as GFC)

Ferry_vO
September 11th, 2014, 09:31
Or you could leave a message for Bill at his forum here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/bear-studios_forum17.html

flaviossa
September 11th, 2014, 10:57
simmarket.com has the new one: BS_Flanker_Ver1.3.exe

Seahawk72s
September 11th, 2014, 11:08
Or you could leave a message for Bill at his forum here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/bear-studios_forum17.html

Looks like "Noddy" has that covered.

Martyn
September 12th, 2014, 01:02
So far two messages have been left for Bill.

It maybe Bill is having problems getting blocked by GFW (Great Firewall of China, also known as GFC)

Now you mention it, he did say last month that access to Facebook (and most Western websites) was being blocked by the China GFW.

I'll drop him an e-mail to let him know the situation. He should then be able to contact the retailers directly.

RAS_JF
September 12th, 2014, 01:54
Martyn has just mentioned classified Chinese military hardware in an email to a Chinese national.
Somebodies just made their way onto a watch-list... :wavey:

Peg o my heart
September 13th, 2014, 11:15
OK. Got the Sukhoi

Forgive my ignorance, but why do the weapons disappear after I change views from external to VC (they invisible when I switch back to external) ? I have searched on manual and clicked every clickable switches. Thanks

Seahawk72s
September 13th, 2014, 13:34
OK. Got the Sukhoi

Forgive my ignorance, but why do the weapons disappear after I change views from external to VC (they invisible when I switch back to external) ? I have searched on manual and clicked every clickable switches. Thanks

In my experience you will only see weapons from an external view. I believe this is because the VC model is defined separately from the external model.

Peg o my heart
September 14th, 2014, 04:01
In my experience you will only see weapons from an external view. I believe this is because the VC model is defined separately from the external model.

Ok. But after loading the aircraft, the weapons are visible. But They will disappear if I cycle to internal-external view. Have no ideas. I am contacting the dev :adoration:

EDITED===

I have tried many times and this drives me nuts. The weapons are only visible the first time I start up the a/c. But when I go to cockpit and go back to external view, voila, they are invisible.

Do I have a validation issue regarding my product (is this sort of anti piracy)? Btw, I have sent Bill a message

Peg o my heart
September 16th, 2014, 05:01
Found the culprit.

The reason why the weapons are not visible is because the weapon module of Milviz F-15. I edit a parameter in xml.dll, change to manually load milviz weapon module instead of automatically, it's from "loadmanual:false" to "loadmanual:true" and the Bear Studio's weapon are visible.

It Bear Studio's weapon are not separated from the model, they are one entity, thus it doesnt have its own module unlike Milviz F-15.

well well

Naruto-kun
September 16th, 2014, 05:38
There is an update in the Milviz support forums that fixes conflicts with both TACPACK and other aircraft.