PDA

View Full Version : New to windows 8

nik112
September 9th, 2014, 00:42
Hey all
I decided to switch from win xp to windows 8.1*64 and faced 2 probs

1/At free flight the screen its black but i can fly with the plane
2/At quick combat with 4 f4u against 4 a6m taking 25-30 fps. That's strange cause i have 16gb ram.

Any body else had issues with win 8?

cheers

misson
September 9th, 2014, 08:54
are u runing it with XP compatibility? If u dont, go to executable , right clic and properties.
Or without doing that, charge ur game with many planes as u can and see if the frames rates are the same. (to see how many resourses win 8 gives to the program.
See what settings u have about video , time ago wasn`t Jaxon with such problem? .
In your system , how u can reserve enough memory to cfs2?
are u runing other programs at same time?
Years ago my antivirus get poor frame rates in my cfs2
Hope this can give u ideas.
cheers
Mario

Ettico
September 10th, 2014, 18:30
Start CFS2, then hit ALT + ENTER. This will put the game in a window. Expand the window to full screen size.

I have an HP Pavilion with windows 8. This worked for me. My frame rates skyrocketed. No more black aircraft select screen or any other issues. After hitting ALT + ENTER once, the game now defaults to windowed mode, so I only had to do it once for each of my installs.

There probably should be a sticky on running CFS2 in Windows 8. The question keeps coming up.

Shessi
September 10th, 2014, 23:21
Ettico,
That's sounds like a great idea.

As time goes by more people will have, or will want/have to migrate to, the Win8 architecture (the Win9 preview is about to be released on the 30th).

A sticky for this might be good.

Cheers

Shessi

nik112
September 11th, 2014, 11:37
Thanks Ettico for your advice, but maybe i screw it up. I managed to have the game in window mode but i can't expand it in full screen. How can i do that?

cheers

Ettico
September 14th, 2014, 22:08
Thanks Ettico for your advice, but maybe i screw it up. I managed to have the game in window mode but i can't expand it in full screen. How can i do that?

cheers

Click on the 'maximize' icon in the upper right corner. You can also click on the 'minimize' icon [ - ] to move CFS2 to the taskbar in case you want to do something else without closing CFS2.

ETA: I forgot. After maximizing the window, you will probably need to close CFS2 and then re-start it to get completely into full-screen windowed mode. That's what worked for me.