PDA

View Full Version : Ch yoke vs Saiteck yoke ?

rayhere48
September 6th, 2014, 09:59
I am in the market to get a new yoke and pedals. Can I ask you flyers what yoke you use? Both have good points and bad points. Just am not sure. I can not afford to buy both, so what ever one I get I will have to live with. Thanks for and pointers and/or help.

vortex
September 6th, 2014, 10:43
Have a look at: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g34mLpFs3fE. I had the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna yoke but sent it back because of the stickiness in pitch that was also criticised in the video - the standard Saitek yoke has the same shaft design as the Cessna yoke. Haven't used the CH yoke so can't comment on that.

Dangerous Beans
September 6th, 2014, 13:35
I have both the Ch and the Saitek Pro.

I got the CH first and at first it was fine but as the shaft began to wear it got very notchy in the pitch, the plastic shaft feels very rough and bumpy now and is practically unusable.

The Saitek has been great and still feels very smooth to use. The only criticism I have is that the detente at center is a bit heavy but that could probably be fixed with a lighter spring or something, I may get round to that some day.
The only real problem I've had with the Saitek is the little LCD screen in the center started flickering so I stuck a bit of black tape over it. Its only a clock and stopwatch anyway.

Moses03
September 6th, 2014, 13:50
Bought a CH yoke and rudder pedals new in 2005. Still using them. Nine years of continuous active duty.:encouragement:

Last year I noticed that I was getting a little bit of drift that I could not calibrate on the pedals so I opened it up and cleaned out all the dust and they have been working perfectly since.

Never tried the Saitek ones so no comment on those.

rayhere48
September 6th, 2014, 18:57
Thanks for the info. I am still on the wall as to witch one to get. Thanks again for the input.