PDA

View Full Version : Ai for Solomon's Marianas etc.

dc10boy
August 31st, 2014, 02:08
Hi all, is there any AI traffic available (japanese or American) for the Solomon Island or Marianas scenery here?I've searched but come up empty.
Thanks
Stan

Butcherbird17
August 31st, 2014, 05:52
Sadly there are none. For the most part it is because of the lack of AI aircraft for the time frame
that these scenery's depict. There are a few native fsx AI aircraft from John Young's hanger that
would fit the bill. (c-47, b-17, b-25, b-29, p-51 and pby) Other than those there isn't much out
there.

Joe

stovall
August 31st, 2014, 06:32
Stan, I have multiple AI files for multiple aircraft for all my WWII scenery. That includes Marianas 1945, Truk and Iwo Jima. The problem finding available aircraft as Joe says. I have been able to find and use many CFS2 aircraft converted for use in FSX. I have also converted multiple purchased models for use in AI. This takes time and a little learning. My favorite (you must have purchased) is the Shockwave P-51D for Iwo Jima especially.

AI Flight Planner is a great program for creating anything you need as far as AI for any scenery you choose. You can find it HERE!! (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=28040200&page=2) You will find the author constantly upgrades this program.

Read the documentation carefully and before long you will have aircraft coming and going everywhere.\

Hope this helps.

MCDesigns
August 31st, 2014, 16:07
I have a few low poly Japanese aircraft that I had planned for statics at one point or another, but if anyone wants to animate them and turn them into AI, I will happily send them the files. I have 2 zeros with different paints and a A6M2 N Rufe with good textures. be pretty cool to see these buzzing around the islands

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1004x802q50/540/fLZg0m.jpg

dc10boy
August 31st, 2014, 17:53
Yeah it would be pretty cool to be able to shoot down the Zero CAP over Kahili! (CS Weapon style!)

expat
September 1st, 2014, 01:10
I have some AI in Mark's Solomon Islands scenery I made by chopping up some flyable FS9 a/c (including the SOH Birdcage Corsair), e.g. Mike Stone PBY, but also John Young's B-25 etc. What is missing I think are AFCAD (ADE) airport files for a lot of the new airports, e.g. Ondonga, Munda etc to establish fully working traffic. Have the carrier tracks someone made with period ship traffic which is cool. "Eventually," (lol) I'd like to have Japanese aircraft and warships flying intercept routes with Allied counterparts. In the meantime, it is always hugely diverting and enjoyable just to fly some patrols in the e.g. A2A F4U, Hellcat, Milton's Harpoon or the Aerosoft PBY. Also, I like David Copley's P-38. Fantastic work Mark achieved there.

dc10boy
September 1st, 2014, 02:21
I just found a Yamamoto shootdown P-38 over at Avsim by Dave Bitzer that features AI from FS9.I'll be investigating this today......
Stan

expat
September 1st, 2014, 03:08
Yes, that is one I also found and can recommend.

dc10boy
September 1st, 2014, 14:36
It seems no matter what I do, I can't get any of the AI in the Yamamoto package to display.Bummer

dc10boy
September 4th, 2014, 05:47
In trying to add Japanese AI to Mark's Solomon scenery, I'm finding myself unable to get any of the AI to appear.I'm wondering if this is due to airports not being set up for AI?Has anyone had any success with this?If so, what is the trick?
Stan

stovall
September 4th, 2014, 06:43
All the airfields in Solomons Islands support AI. If they show up in FSX they will support AI. Be sure your AI Flight Planner is recognizing the airfields and you put the files in the proper place. Scenery/World/Scenery. Also make sure the aircraft you use are recognized in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder. If either of these functions is not correct, the AI don't show up. Read the documentation for AI Flight Planner carefully. Do an AI setup at any airfield. If you get that working it will work in Solomons or any of the WWII airfields.

expat
September 4th, 2014, 06:49
Now I am not sure about this as I had some much older Solomons scenery before but I think on last inspection I found that the new airports Mark did had a basic airport you could find with a GPS but many/most did not have parking added, which if this is correct, then your AI won't show up. I have AI working at Barakoma but can't remember if that's an old afcad or if I added parking to Mark's airport bgl.

Butcherbird17
September 4th, 2014, 09:17
You will need to add parking to most of the airfields in the Solomon scenery for any AI to
show up. I do think there are a few with parking, but not at my rig to check which ones do.
As for Japanes aircraft, there are a few fsx native player a/c that could be used as AI.
You could also use the WoP/A2A WWII Fighters Zero for AI if you have that package, but
you will have the port-over issues. (prop behind clouds)

Joe

mike_cyul
September 4th, 2014, 09:43
If you'd like to add some C-47 formations, they're available here: http://www.flight-replicas.com/Formations.htm

Mike