PDA

View Full Version : New Video, Cold War Themed

StormILM
August 25th, 2014, 18:02
Here it is, and it was a BIG pain in the arse to get done. I struggled with finding the right camera settings and adjustments over the last 3 days and then how to record my ideas. It isn't exactly what I wanted but it is in the ballpark. In wrapping up the video production, I encountered a number of errors and other issues and then for whatever reason, Movie Maker did not want to cooperate in compiling my video. It took a few hours of battling with that issue before I got a successful completion that could be uploaded to Youtube. Well, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQcyfwYyqig

andersel
August 25th, 2014, 18:40
Fabulous! :applause:

LA

papab
August 25th, 2014, 19:03
Fantastic show!
Extremely well done-very impressed!!!!!

Rick

BrittMac
August 25th, 2014, 19:52
I think you did a great job with the video. The only thing that strikes me is the greyscale. I think it would be refreshing to see these in color (the AC before the Mig21). Simply because no one in the last xx number of years is used to seeing them in color (most have only seen these in documentaries that are in B/W).

Still, great job. It felt like sitting next to the runway trying to get some good shots of the passes. Nice!

StormILM
August 25th, 2014, 20:52
I think you did a great job with the video. The only thing that strikes me is the greyscale. I think it would be refreshing to see these in color (the AC before the Mig21). Simply because no one in the last xx number of years is used to seeing them in color (most have only seen these in documentaries that are in B/W).

Still, great job. It felt like sitting next to the runway trying to get some good shots of the passes. Nice!

Thanks everyone!

Yes, that is a good idea. I struggled with the idea of the black & white split with color. I had intended to add a scratched/aged film effect on the early part of the video segments but it is not available on the version of MMM that I am using. I have the base file saved and I may go back and do an all color variation simulating a "colorized" black & white film. It's pretty easy to revert back to full color.

StormILM
August 26th, 2014, 01:17
Here's the all color edited version which is identical to the previous version except full color in all segments and the deletion of the Mig-17F flyby scene as that particular segment was corrupted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpiGrnGt7wQ

Dutcheeseblend
August 26th, 2014, 01:43
Very nice sir, as always! Like the train passing in the back :D

What is the scenery?

rezn550
August 26th, 2014, 01:54
Very nice sir, as always! Like the train passing in the back :D

What is the scenery?

looks like the Debrecen Scenery from LH Simulations, its very nice Freeware

StormILM
August 26th, 2014, 02:27
looks like the Debrecen Scenery from LH Simulations, its very nice Freeware

That is it! Very good scenery!

danyboy21
August 26th, 2014, 08:28
Great video StormILM :applause:

big-mike
August 26th, 2014, 09:49
Very well done---enjoyed it very much.
Mike

StormILM
August 26th, 2014, 13:57
Thanks everyone! I think soon I am going to try something along the same lines based on a "The Right Stuff" kinda theme at Edwards AFB.

Naismith
August 27th, 2014, 01:10
Thanks everyone! I think soon I am going to try something along the same lines based on a "The Right Stuff" kinda theme at Edwards AFB.

OMG I just watched The Right Stuff for the first time ever last night. They could have shaved about 60 mins off the 3 hour plus film and lost nothing. Does anyone else agree with me the scene with the Fan dancer a bit bizarre? By todays standards if this happened in RL I think it would be deemed inappropriate.
Oh there I go again, I've probably gone and upset someone over their fav movie.

Naismith
August 27th, 2014, 01:12
Very nice video, the one thing it throws up to me and no criticism at all, there is no decent MiG 19 in the FSX world, which is astonishing.

StormILM
August 27th, 2014, 12:59
I agree, a Mig-19 would have been great and Ivan J. was working on one but there has been no update on that project at least 2 years now even though the website is still up. It is also true that there are many Soviet aircraft models missing in FSX and it is doubtful we will see many more by the time FSX has run it's course. The one machine that has eluded us is a good TU-95 Bear but at the FSX level, it would be very complex and I wonder if the engine/prop sounds could be replicated very well.

Regarding The Right Stuff, there's a lot of things in the movie but a good bit of it that did actually happen which may have been embellished to some degree or were out of place timeline wise. One example of this being in the final scenes where Chuck Yeager is depicted taking the NF-104A out with Jack Ridley being present helping him(and also present in the portions of the film when the first US Manned Space Flights occurred). In reality, Jack Ridley died in a C-47 crash near Tokyo, Japan in 1957 but I believe that the intent of his character being placed at the end of the movie was a salute to his very significant contributions to US Aeronautics before that time. I particularly like the cameo appearances by the real Chuck Yeager.