PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed .......

AussieMan
August 24th, 2014, 19:35
Has anybody else noticed an anomaly in P3D regarding parking at Fuel Points?

I actually first noticed it while beta testing the DH-114 Heron. I was parked at parking spot #12 at YSCH (ORBX version) and tried to open the passenger door. It would open momentarily and then snap shut. Thinking it was a fault with the Heron I tried several other aircraft and the same thing happened. Moved away from to another spot and everything was normal.

I then tried parking at fuel points in default airports in both P3D and FSX and I got the same result. Fuel point, doors won't open. Move away and all is fine. It is curious as in real life aircraft are fuelled while service doors, passenger doors and cargo doors are open.

Tako_Kichi
August 24th, 2014, 21:05
It's not just P3D Pat, it's a well known bug in FSX too. The refueling 'box' is also quite large and depending on the size of your aircraft you might have to move several plane lengths away from the pumps (in any direction) before your doors/canopy start working again.

It drove me batty in FSX when I was testing one aircraft and it took me a while before I found the cause, I had to Google it in the end.

I've also heard of the large fuel 'box' causing serious issues for people who fly in VA's where they have to calculate the required fuel load per flight and pay for it with virtual dollars. If they are taxiing past a fuel point and have to stop for some reason like giving way to ground traffic or on instructions from the ATC then they can trigger the re-fuel action and cha-ching they are topped up and their flight could be made null and void due to incorrect fuel amounts.