PDA

View Full Version : P3D v2.2

rewasiuk
August 21st, 2014, 10:26
Just wondering where I can acquire a full install download of 2.2. Checked with LM and they tell me that they don't support older products. Hoping that someone is able to assist.

Chris Sykes
August 21st, 2014, 23:38
You cant unless you already had it downloaded before 2.3 came out.

rewasiuk
August 22nd, 2014, 09:18
You cant unless you already had it downloaded before 2.3 came out.

Downloaded 2.2 however, silly me deleted from my ext hd. Went to P3D website and 2.2 no longer exists on the software I have purchased. Thanks for your response though.

n4gix
August 23rd, 2014, 08:19
Downloaded 2.2 however, silly me deleted from my ext hd. Went to P3D website and 2.2 no longer exists on the software I have purchased. Thanks for your response though.
Why not simply download v2.3 and install it?
Why would you want an obsolete version?
There is no charge for the updated version... :encouragement:

rewasiuk
August 23rd, 2014, 09:12
Why not simply download v2.3 and install it?
Why would you want an obsolete version?
There is no charge for the updated version... :encouragement:

I require 2.2 so I can delete it and then install 2.3. I made a mistake with uninstalling 2.2 so I went into the registry and deleted all the P3D entries, went through my C and D drives and deleted everything related to P3D. Tried to install 2.3 and a dialog box comes up and tells me that 2.2 still exists.

falcon409
August 23rd, 2014, 11:29
I require 2.2 so I can delete it and then install 2.3. I made a mistake with uninstalling 2.2 so I went into the registry and deleted all the P3D entries, went through my C and D drives and deleted everything related to P3D. Tried to install 2.3 and a dialog box comes up and tells me that 2.2 still exists.
Yep, that's because there is one more folder that keeps a copy of the installation files and when you try to install a newer version and it reads those hidden files it stops. Did you delete those like I suggested in your other thread?

rewasiuk
August 23rd, 2014, 18:07
Yep, that's because there is one more folder that keeps a copy of the installation files and when you try to install a newer version and it reads those hidden files it stops. Did you delete those like I suggested in your other thread?

Yes I did falcon but darn if I can find that folder you are speaking of. I think it could be that Program Data folder in my C drive and did delete the P3D files but no success.

modelr
August 24th, 2014, 10:01
Did you delete EVERY entry in your registry? I had to remove almost a thousand entries pertaining to GUIDs of every scenery item in the catalog. ONE of them was stopping mine from updating when I went from 2.1 to 2.2 and accidentally deleting something wrong, causing the same error. Took me days. :banghead:Use the "find next" command and look for "Lockheed Martin". I don't know which one did it, but when the last one was gone, my 2.2 loaded. I was ready to throw my box through the window!:banghead:

TO make things worse, I still had my original 2.1 download, and it wouldn't load, either. So a word to the wise... NEVER DELETE ANYTHING from P3D!!! UNISTALL IT! ONLY! (Add-ons excepted.)

rewasiuk
August 24th, 2014, 17:38
Did you delete EVERY entry in your registry? I had to remove almost a thousand entries pertaining to GUIDs of every scenery item in the catalog. ONE of them was stopping mine from updating when I went from 2.1 to 2.2 and accidentally deleting something wrong, causing the same error. Took me days. :banghead:Use the "find next" command and look for "Lockheed Martin". I don't know which one did it, but when the last one was gone, my 2.2 loaded. I was ready to throw my box through the window!:banghead:

TO make things worse, I still had my original 2.1 download, and it wouldn't load, either. So a word to the wise... NEVER DELETE ANYTHING from P3D!!! UNISTALL IT! ONLY! (Add-ons excepted.)

Well, the latest saga of deleting 2.2 has been successfully accomplished by installing a program called Revo-uninstaller. This program works extremely well for deleting programs as it deletes everything concerning a particular program including registry entries. P3D 2.3 has not been installed and works beautifully. Considering deleting FSX. Think that's a good idea?