PDA

View Full Version : New Vid, PMDG 737NGX in BBJ2 Colors

StormILM
August 19th, 2014, 21:45
In this video, I am flying from ILM to TXKF -Bermuda. The Bermuda scenery is by LatinVFR which I have to say that for the cheap price it is outstanding scenery! I had used FreeFlow Bermuda in FS9 for years and thoroughly loved it and after leaving FS9 I did not like any of the FSX versions of Bermuda until LatinVFR's version came out. As for the PMDG 737NGX, I held off buying it for quite some time for two reasons, when it came out my old PC simply had no chance of running it and after buying my new PC last year I had to stagger in my purchase schedule to get caught up(which I'm still missing a couple of wanted items). I am super impressed with the NGX much as I was when I bought the FS9 version of their 737NG way back in my FS9 days. I had to work a bit to find the optimum settings to get the max FPS possible with my NGX but it now runs very smoothly. Top notch work those at PMDG guys do! Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWekFv8z1_Y

manfredc3
August 19th, 2014, 22:03
Very nice video, Storm. I like the livery, nice and clean.

StormILM
August 19th, 2014, 23:52
Thank you! The livery is from Avsim I think and it is a "what if" scheme if Roman Abramovich owned a 737NG with his famous "Bandit" scheme on it. Our local airport gets a few of the BBJ's in through the year. Nice looking private jet!

mgchrist5
August 20th, 2014, 03:52
Nice video, Storm!

I agree with your comments about the NGX. I held off on buying it for many of the same reasons you stated. I finally broke down and bought both packs a few weeks ago. Wow...I had no idea what I was missing! It's such a finely polished creation, and I've never encountered an FS flight model that so convincingly mimics the weight and inertia of a jet airliner.

StormILM
August 20th, 2014, 11:58
Nice video, Storm!

I agree with your comments about the NGX. I held off on buying it for many of the same reasons you stated. I finally broke down and bought both packs a few weeks ago. Wow...I had no idea what I was missing! It's such a finely polished creation, and I've never encountered an FS flight model that so convincingly mimics the weight and inertia of a jet airliner.

Agreed! I always felt that their FS9 version was the premier model for that version of FS in terms of systems modeling and so much more and the NGX just goes much further. I've read some folks have had memory or VAS related CTD issues on both short and long flights but after testing different settings, I am able to fly Transcon flights without any memory or VAS issues.

manfredc3
August 21st, 2014, 21:52
I found the livery on Avsim and downloaded it. Will install tomorrow to make a flight to the UK, so I can visit a soccer game at the Chelsea Stadium. I just hope they play a home game, so that I can have a drink in the VIP Sky-box, lol