PDA

View Full Version : My FSX Chinook Demo

StormILM
August 18th, 2014, 18:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNuMCibmTU

Victory103
August 19th, 2014, 10:11
Hmmm, someone was watching a few RAF Chinook demos? Nice vid, looks like the pitch MOI is slightly off.

StormILM
August 19th, 2014, 12:03
Hmmm, someone was watching a few RAF Chinook demos? Nice vid, looks like the pitch MOI is slightly off.

Yeap, I loosely based the demo on the RAF version. Their Chinook demo is simply the best of the type. I think you're right about the pitch MOI. In normal flight it might not be seen or felt but when maneuvering, it is more obvious. I tried to dampen abnormal moments as best I could in the video routine but as per the imperfect nature of FSX rotor dynamics, a few slipped by.

UKVoodoo
August 19th, 2014, 12:56
Think it might be across the board when it comes to any FS flight model StormILM

My FS9 demo had almost the same problem when it come to maneuvering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOX6AekvMaY

Matt

StormILM
August 19th, 2014, 16:32
Matt, that is an excellent demo, it looks very well rehearsed and thought out. I practiced some but my routine was filled with a good bit of free-style and rough edges as such. The FDE and my controller sensitivity threw a few curve balls at me but overall, for a relatively low practice routine, not too bad. Still, yours is excellent!!!

gray eagle
August 20th, 2014, 05:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNuMCibmTU

Pretty nice demo. What (program) did you use to record it with? :encouragement:

UKVoodoo
August 20th, 2014, 10:12
Matt, that is an excellent demo, it looks very well rehearsed and thought out. I practiced some but my routine was filled with a good bit of free-style and rough edges as such. The FDE and my controller sensitivity threw a few curve balls at me but overall, for a relatively low practice routine, not too bad. Still, yours is excellent!!!

I worded my post stupidly :banghead: that actual flight was recorded with FSrecorder by an ex RAF Chinook pilot and very experienced fs9 Helicopter pilot from an online team that I used to fly with on IBNET, I just re-watched the FSrecording he sent me and produced the video from that for him....I'm actually terrible in helicopters :173go1:

The spontaneous routines sometime turn out to be some of the best :ernaehrung004:

Matt

StormILM
August 20th, 2014, 11:47
Pretty nice demo. What (program) did you use to record it with? :encouragement:

I am using Bandicam which seems to do a good job. It compresses the video for you unlike Fraps and is very easy to move and edit the segments in Microsoft Movie Maker. I just record a segment at a time in Bandicam using the Enter key as my hotkey. Once I am finished with all the segments, I move each AVI file to a desktop folder and then open Movie Maker and drag each AVI file into the editor in the sequence I desire. It's a bit time consuming for a short video as the more scenes/segments you have, the more work there is but then again, having spent a good bit of time on real movie sets, there's a lot of work for a short amount of seen footage. It's still fun though when the final product of your work is finished.