PDA

View Full Version : Losing Focus

jmbiii
August 18th, 2014, 06:02
Is there any way to mitigate or stop Win7 from losing focus on a page/screen ? I've read somewhere that this is something that can't be entirely done away with.

Tends to pi$$ me off when I'm flying along and go to reverse props, deploy spoilers or do something requiring a keyboard input and nothing happens. Then have to grab the mouse and click on the screen to get the focus back to the sim.

And it's not just with flight sim it's every thing. I've had to get the focus back twice while just typing this ! !

Anyone have suggestions ?

dhazelgrove
August 18th, 2014, 06:14
This suggests that there's something going on in the background that I wouldn't be happy about.

Suggest you run some anti-malware software soonest - and do a full system scan with your anti-virus while you're at it.

Dave

Bjoern
August 18th, 2014, 06:18
Fly full-screen.

The focal behaviour of Windows 7 is one of the few things about it that really drives me mad. Why MS changed it from Windows XP ist beyond me.

Dumonceau
August 18th, 2014, 07:43
Fly full-screen.

The focal behaviour of Windows 7 is one of the few things about it that really drives me mad. Why MS changed it from Windows XP ist beyond me.

Bjoern is right. Another thing that can be done is to disable Windows Aero.

Dumonceau