PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to get a normal sized sun

sleightflight
August 17th, 2014, 08:23
Hi all,

Here is a link to my latest video, it is in DX10 with Steves fixer and bloom is swithched on which oddly gives FSX a boost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HBaAS9Wquo&list=UULBf4fY6Iwt5NjON-eTmDEA

Have a look at the size of the sun, I am using REX Essentials sun, I have tried all of the sun sets and none of them seem to be what I would consider a normal size, ie on the small size, I have modified some light settings to get the approach lights smaller, not sure if these also affect the sun size ?

Any Suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Roger
August 17th, 2014, 09:24
Great video!
I find with bloom on, the sun seems to double in size with a massive halo effect.

sleightflight
August 17th, 2014, 15:09
Mmm , strange mine is small then.
Thanks for your kind comment about my video.

TheFamilyMan
August 22nd, 2014, 10:27
I have that same problem with the sun effect that REXE puts in FSX. I too find that bloom 'fixes' the problem, but for me the bloom effect only occurs when outside of the VC. What I do to enlarge the sun is edit the sun size parameter in suneffects.cfg (found in the main FSX folder), though as with any other .cfg file save a back up of it before proceeding. Nice video, I too love to fly FTX NZSI. Recently I've been spending most my flying time there, exploring with my sibwings cessna birddog.

sleightflight
August 23rd, 2014, 12:04
Thanks for your kind comment.
I will have a look at modifying the sun cfg, thanks.

sleightflight
August 28th, 2014, 13:00
OK, had a look at the sun size CFG is a smaller number a bigger sun ? mine is sunsize=700.

TheFamilyMan
August 29th, 2014, 21:08
bigger number = bigger sun

Try 1200 and see how you like it. Be bold...experiment...find what you think is best.
There is no right answer for what it should be, since maybe the sun really is that tiny when it's overhead.

sleightflight
August 30th, 2014, 00:01
Ok, thanks.

Adamski_NZ
August 30th, 2014, 22:12
What I do to enlarge the sun is edit the sun size parameter in suneffects.cfg (found in the main FSX folder), though as with any other .cfg file save a back up of it before proceeding.
Thanks for that little tip! I beefed my tiny sun up a fair bit. Looks much better now!

Adam.

sleightflight
August 31st, 2014, 10:24
Thanks 1200 is much better.