PDA

View Full Version : I've finally done it ....

bobmay
August 15th, 2014, 14:39
I don't often post here, although I visit often, but I thought my news might interest you.

I've been simming seriously for 15 years and like many of us I wondered if I could do it for real. Well, at the age of 76 I enrolled in a flying school in Kemble, Gloucestershire, England, to find out.

Today after 12 hours instruction I went solo in a Cessna 172 ! Just had to share the news with people who know what a momentous thing this is for us aviation enthusiasts.

I'm not going on for a license, can't afford it for one thing, but I've caught the flying bug and I'll be making occasional visits back to the flying school for dual cross country fun trips.

Just goes to show, you're never too old to follow your dream.

Regards to all,

Bob May
PAD

Roger
August 15th, 2014, 14:47
All power to you Bob...that is quite some achievement...whatever your age:applause:

Moses03
August 15th, 2014, 15:52
Inspiring story Bob. I still have the dream also. Blue skies!

Lane Street
August 15th, 2014, 17:19
Congrats, Bob, job well done.

On a side note, thanks for all the PAD contributions over the years. I have always been a PAD fan.

cheers,
Lane

PeteHam
August 15th, 2014, 20:50
YAY , Well done Bob. :applause:

That will be a memory that'll last a life time.

I still remember mine from way back in the 60's.

Congratulations and may the progress continue.

Pete. :ernaehrung004:

Daveroo
August 15th, 2014, 21:05
hey Bob,good stuff,bet you have a real feeling of accomplishment too! :applause:

and as stated above..i allways enjoyed my PAD aircraft over the years..thank you for your contribution to the hobby,Dave

Milton Shupe
August 16th, 2014, 08:29
Wow Bob! That is awesome to hear, and to accomplish. My hat is off to you Sir. I am proud that you are able to realize your dream. Have fun and great to see you around here again. :applause:

mike_cyul
August 16th, 2014, 13:12
That's very nice to hear! Congrats! :ernaehrung004:

Mike

TARPSBird
August 16th, 2014, 14:44
Congrats Bob! I may have to do that myself just to get my check in the box. :encouragement:

srgalahad
August 16th, 2014, 17:49
Good show Bob!

Of course, since the bug has had it's first bite, you might consider a Glider Pilot License (much less expensive) and in the UK, should be a club close by.

Regardless, welcome bird man!

Odie
August 17th, 2014, 12:22
Top drawer, Bob! Good for you! :applause::applause::applause:

WND
August 17th, 2014, 16:31
Congrats Bob !! I still remember when I first soloed at age 16 - something you'll never forget..

Great times ahead now !!!!

Bill