PDA

View Full Version : Bear Studios Su-30 1.3 update: FPS hit anyone ?

Daube
August 15th, 2014, 02:35
Hi all,

I have dowloaded and installed the newest version 1.3 of the Strike Flanker by Bear Studios.
Unfortunately, I am seeing two problems after the update:
1- I get numerous warnings about duplicated names in the aircraft library
2- the FPS crawled down to 12-15 in P3D v2.3. Previous version was quite ok, the Naval Flanker 1.2 was fine as well.

Anybody else is having the same issue ?
For information, I have not uninstalled the previous version of the plane prior to installing the 1.3.
Also, I have made the manipulation to get the english labels in the VC, as described in the provided readme file.

Seahawk72s
August 15th, 2014, 02:50
Hi all,

I have dowloaded and installed the newest version 1.3 of the Strike Flanker by Bear Studios.
Unfortunately, I am seeing two problems after the update:
1- I get numerous warnings about duplicated names in the aircraft library
2- the FPS crawled down to 12-15 in P3D v2.3. Previous version was quite ok, the Naval Flanker 1.2 was fine as well.

Anybody else is having the same issue ?
For information, I have not uninstalled the previous version of the plane prior to installing the 1.3.
Also, I have made the manipulation to get the english labels in the VC, as described in the provided readme file.

I can help with the first problem. It sounds like the 1.3 upgrade did not install into the original folder, but created a second new folder which
causes duplicate names.

Sorry I can't help with P3D, but I saw no upgrade FPS problems with FSX.

Daube
August 15th, 2014, 03:02
I'm going to reinstall it properly, let's see what happens...

Ferry_vO
August 15th, 2014, 03:32
I don't see either problem. Did you use the uninstaller to remove the old version?

FPS wise I'd say the new version has a slight improvement over the previous version for me (In FsX).

flaviossa
August 15th, 2014, 04:10
No fps problem here too! Try a fresh reinstall :encouragement:

henrystreet
August 15th, 2014, 04:36
Actually a little better on FPS with v1.3 on my rig. Note that the instructions on v1.3 call for an uninstall of any previous versions.

WarHorse47
August 15th, 2014, 06:44
Bear Studios has a pattern of changing names on folders and models with subsequent updates. Therefore, if you do not completely uninstall the prior version you can end up with duplicate aircraft in different folders - one from a prior install and one from the updated version.

Daube
August 15th, 2014, 09:00
Ok, I have uninstalled the plane and reinstall it from stratch.
Now there are no duplicates anymore. Thanks for the tip :)
However, the FPS impact is still there. My FPS dropped down to 15 FPS (normally locked at 25) in the VC. In the exterior view, I get only 3 or 3 FPS drop.

I made other tests with other aircraft and I have a similar impact with the A2A C172. Other A2A planes are nice and smooth, though.
Heck, I believe even the B-55 from MilViz is smoother than that :D (it used to have a nasty FPS impact back in my FSX days, but in P3D it's nice and smooth)

wombat666
August 15th, 2014, 09:46
Nothing wrong here either.
:encouragement:

skyhawka4m
August 15th, 2014, 10:51
are there any repaints available for this airplane

henrystreet
August 15th, 2014, 12:20
(at work so can't provide link) but I think Hanimichal has some in the SOH library