PDA

View Full Version : Canadian & BBMF Lancaster

stuartcox
August 14th, 2014, 09:07
Wow, still over the Moon to have witnessed the début formation flight of the Canadian and British Lancasters.
What a sight and sound - especially with the two Spitfires!
Another three displays in Eastbourne (UK) to go!
It is well worth coming down here for - a once in a lifetime experience...:applause:

http://planestv.com/video/263

Stuart

Naismith
August 14th, 2014, 11:36
Fabulous sight.

Tako_Kichi
August 14th, 2014, 12:59
Pure magic!

Bomber_12th
August 14th, 2014, 14:04
Great photo! Just one of almost 50 planned appearances throughout the UK with the two together over the next several weeks.

AndyG43
August 15th, 2014, 00:16
"Jealous" doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling right now Stuart. Hoping to catch them in Kent over the weekend.

Come down to Eastbourne, it is a once in a lifetime experience - c'mon Stu, I know they call it God's waiting room but ....... ;-)

stansdds
August 15th, 2014, 02:28
That must be an awesome sight and not just something to see, but something to hear and feel. What an experience it must be.

ian elliot
August 15th, 2014, 10:46
Wonderful, ive got tickets to Shoreham in a few weeks so im hoping for the same experience :jump:, if its ok with my wallet, i may go to Dunsfold next weekend also.
Manston has just closed only a couple of months ago, if it was still open, those boys would probably be based just a mile down the road from my flat, we used to get a lot of visitors for the Eastbourne show

cheers ian

Ivan
August 15th, 2014, 14:28
How did that Griffon sneak in among all those Merlins?

Really!
- Ivan.
;-)

stuartcox
August 16th, 2014, 00:09
How did that Griffon sneak in among all those Merlins?

Really!
- Ivan.
;-)

That was the first thing I pointed out to some friends... :-)
The BBMF Hurricane was originally scheduled - But never mind, The Packard Merlins sound different to the RR ones too.
We still have another two days of this wonderful display to look forward to... :jump:

Stuart

stuartcox
August 16th, 2014, 09:13
Very busy today...!