PDA

View Full Version : FS Recorder Test

StormILM
August 13th, 2014, 20:30
TuFun,

I got my hands on FSRecorder_FSX_2-181a and it runs fine, very stable thus far. I was able to get the animations to show properly in playback which is a big help. In this clip, my lack of having flown formation for nearly 2 years shows! Quite ugly, almost embarrassed to show it. LOL Oh well, practice will knock the rust off!

I quick test video with Dave Garwood's Mosquito
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejUWo6eWceQ

TuFun
August 13th, 2014, 22:09
All is needed is practice. Best to start with straight and level with slow turns to get the feel of formation flying. If you don't have TrackIR then slightly turn towards the aircraft in formation to keep your bearings. Once you FSRecord the formation flight, then replay the flight and now you can move your views in the cockpit more naturally. Now just use a recording program (fraps, bandicam) for the final video.

I don't have TrackIR, but use EZDok camera for those movements plus EZDok has camera shake.

In the blue square, check only Recording. Playback (blue) will show in recorded videos if checked.

StormILM
August 13th, 2014, 23:37
Thanks for posting your settings, mine are pretty much the same.

I had used FS Recorder back in FS9 to do a lot of formation work and continued when I slowly moved to FSX in 2007 through 2008 but towards the last 1/4 of the life of my last PC, I had a Hard Drive crash and had lost my previous stable FS Recorder file which I could not locate anywhere online. After that, all versions of FSR that I tried just didn't work very well for me and until I tried this version, I had all but given up on FSR. So yes, I have to get used to using it again and tighten up my formation skills and feel. I was very proficient at it at my peak of using FSR in the past but like any fine tuned skill, it is a perishable one!

Victory103
August 14th, 2014, 05:22
Form was not bad at all, given it's actually harder in the sim, getting outs. Thanks for being in FSR, great program for form and recording in general.

TuFun
August 14th, 2014, 11:26
This was one of my early videos... formation training. When you watch the Hawker Fury's flyby in formation it looks smooth, but when in the cockpit... not so... bouncing all over the place. Throttling to is important which needed improvement in this old video. FSRecorder sure does give you some exciting flights thou! :adoration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqhKfeePmAs

StormILM
August 14th, 2014, 11:41
Form was not bad at all, given it's actually harder in the sim, getting outs. Thanks for being in FSR, great program for form and recording in general.

I agree! The only time I ever flew formation in an actual aircraft was when I was with a friend who owns a Grumman AA-5 and on one flight we flew formation with a couple of other AA-5 owners. We were on the outer edge of a right echelon and my friend suddenly asks me if I wanted a hack at it? Yes, from my scant 20 minutes experience of flying that formation, it is easier in the real thing than in FSX due to the lack of feel in the latter. My friend commented that I did it like I had been doing it for years but I didn't let that compliment go to my head as it was a perfect flying day with little to no bad air to bump us around.