PDA

View Full Version : POSTED: Bf110C, BoB model

Tango_Romeo
January 23rd, 2009, 22:45
I've just uploaded the Bf110C. This model fills a void in the CFS2 hangar for the BoB. She should be available tomorrow. :typing:

This is an original model of the primary production version of the Messerschmidt BF110, the C model, which was used in the Battle of Britain. The model has breakable parts and is multi-LOD for good FPS, It features full animation, except for the canopy, including steerable tailwheel. She has a nice 2-D panel with AP,ADF and GPS panels, as well as a basic VC. :wavey:

She will serve nicely as an AI...and will give you a hell of a fight. She also serves as a reasonable player aircraft. :gossip:

An alternate texture (Gray Camo) has been provided in the GRYtexture folder. You can switch it out with the Blue/Green version as you like. :kilroy:

Tango_Romeo
January 23rd, 2009, 22:52
...of more screenies, including the gray camo skin. :rapture:

Pen32Win
January 23rd, 2009, 22:56
A thing of beauty TR. Great looking 110. :ernae:

Pips
January 23rd, 2009, 23:17
I must say that I have a real soft spot for the Me110C. And you have done a lovely modelling job Tango. :)

It performed well over France, where operational conditions suited it better.

Over Britain it was handicapped by having to stay with bombers, and suffered heavy losses accordingly. If it had been allowed to roam as a ground straffer whilst the Me109 looked after the bombers it may have aquitted itself better.

Bill Kestell
January 23rd, 2009, 23:37
Thanks, TR ... looks nice and something we needed badly.

Tango_Romeo
January 24th, 2009, 00:22
It performed well over France, where operational conditions suited it better. Over Britain it was handicapped by having to stay with bombers, and suffered heavy losses accordingly. If it had been allowed to roam as a ground straffer whilst the Me109 looked after the bombers it may have aquitted itself better.

....she inflicted substantial damage on my flight of Spits. :tgun2:

The rear gunners have an attitude, and the pilots are not shy about getting on your tail. You can easily out-turn the 110, but the rear gunner may make you wish you hadn't. :faint:

All in all, I think she will do. :whistle:

hewman100
January 24th, 2009, 02:11
Bravo T_R!!!!! :rapture::ernae::woot:

kelticheart
January 24th, 2009, 02:24
Thank you, T_R!

:applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

Your screeshots look real nice, good fps performance is a must when flying BoB skies full of dogfighting planes.

Have you got BoB textures for this bird as well? I think the low visibility Luftwaffe insignias, without the black parts, belong to a later war period.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
January 24th, 2009, 02:27
Have you got BoB textures for this bird as well? I think the low visibility Luftwaffe crosses, without the black parts, belong to a later war period. KH :ernae:

...right about the skins, but I'll leave that to the painters...HINT, HINT....and I'm trying to be subtle about it. The green/blue on the model is as close as I could come to BoB. :kilroy:

kelticheart
January 24th, 2009, 02:38
...right about the skins, but I'll leave that to the painters. The green/blue on the model is as close as I could come to BoB. :kilroy:

Good thinking!

I am sure our Luftwaffe artsists will jump at the opportunity to redress your creation!

Thank you again!

miamieagle
January 24th, 2009, 09:21
Tango Romeo thank you for complying with our wishest. You are a class Act!:wavey:

JapLance
January 24th, 2009, 09:50
Beautiful plane, and beautiful model indeed :applause:

Thanks Tango_Romeo :jump:

Shessi
January 24th, 2009, 12:53
Hi TR,
Many thanks for the taking the time to tweak the ol' girl..nice job :applause:

Will certainly be used!

:ernae:Shessi

Blue Devil
January 24th, 2009, 16:13
Thanks TR.

The one I have is a FR hog.

Looking forward to this one.

Tango_Romeo
January 24th, 2009, 20:08
...with high FPS on my system, but I'd be interested in feedback from others on this score. :help:

Ravenna
January 24th, 2009, 21:36
Thank you TR. It always impresses me the way you turn out such great creations so quickly! I only hope that the pilot has read a standard history of the Battle of Britain.:costumes:

Sopwith Chameleon
January 25th, 2009, 14:15
...right about the skins, but I'll leave that to the painters...HINT, HINT....and I'm trying to be subtle about it. The green/blue on the model is as close as I could come to BoB. :kilroy:

Well if nobody else steps up to the plate (palette?)..............

(WIP)

(Great Stuff TR:woot:)

Tango_Romeo
January 25th, 2009, 16:12
Well if nobody else steps up to the plate (palette?)..............(WIP)

...have at it. The more skins the better...particularly authentic ones. :wave:

kelticheart
January 26th, 2009, 00:10
...have at it. The more skins the better...particularly authentic ones. :wave:

HEAR! HEAR! My exact feelings T_R!

Neat job SC, thank you. History lovers will have a ball with repaints like yours!

:applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

Cheers!

hewman100
January 26th, 2009, 03:03
The originals are Nightfighter skins by the looks of 'em. Handy for lurking over Shessis recent release.

Rami
January 26th, 2009, 06:18
I thank you, Tango! I'll make sure she gets proper use. Thanks for making her multi-lod! :ernae:

Jagdflieger
January 26th, 2009, 06:44
Thanks! Great frame rates for me at 165 FPS for one against a clear sky. Intercepting a gaggle of 'em posed no problems other than getting shot down. That rear gunner is a fiend!

Sopwith Chameleon
January 26th, 2009, 16:00
Progress Report...............

Tango_Romeo
January 26th, 2009, 17:21
..., Sopwith. It looks finished to me. :applause: :medals:

dvslats
January 26th, 2009, 20:12
I had eighteen of these in front of me....FR's in the high fifties. All scenery sliders set at max. Not bad after messing around with those converts for awhile. When the sky is filled, nothing beats multi-lod. Oh yea, you are right about the aggressiveness of these guys. You better keep moving or they'll chew you up. :gameoff:. Nasty stinger! This one is a keeper. Thanks

xavierb
January 27th, 2009, 11:11
It looks very nice, Sopwith :ernae:

Sopwith Chameleon
January 28th, 2009, 08:20
..., Sopwith. It looks finished to me. :applause: :medals:

Hi Tom,

Got a bit of tidying up to do - I got some business comittments keeping me busy just now (I'm on my lap top) I'll get her done & bundle her up and send her to you some time this week

Cheers,

Jim

Tango_Romeo
January 28th, 2009, 08:55
Hi Tom,

Got a bit of tidying up to do - I got some business comittments keeping me busy just now (I'm on my lap top) I'll get her done & bundle her up and send her to you some time this week

Cheers,

Jim

...I really appreciate your fine work on this one. The clothes, er skin, makes the man, er plane. :amen:

A good skin can make a lousy model look good and vice versa. :kilroy:

Tango_Romeo
January 29th, 2009, 11:43
...Sopwith's wonderful new skin. Look for it in the download que this evening. :jump:

Tango_Romeo
January 29th, 2009, 12:04
Oh yea, you are right about the aggressiveness of these guys. You better keep moving or they'll chew you up. :gameoff:. Nasty stinger! This one is a keeper. Thanks

She will make you regret underestimating the Bf110 in dogfight. She got a bad wrap. If you turn inside her, you're in perfect position for the rear gunner.......and this dude has his Marksman badge. :gossip: