PDA

View Full Version : For Bearcat

Helldiver
September 27th, 2008, 01:13
Yesterday I showed Butch Voris in his F8-F. Today it's a Frenchman called Yves Leroy. You can see he fills out the cockpit. A lot.
For some reason he's wearing a plastic cap. Real men only wear a canvas helmet in a Bearcat. Right?
Also the ship appears to be loaded with digs and scratches. That would never happen in the U.S. Navy without some leading chief having his boot up somebody's tail.

fliger747
September 27th, 2008, 08:36
The jet age, which the F8F shared, ushered in the "crash helmets". Now we are down the slippery slope to bike helmets and training wheels.

Cheers: t.

bearcat241
September 27th, 2008, 11:56
Uhh...are we missing a couple of attached pictures here? I'd like to see that Frenchman's cap...and the digs and scratches too. :d

Panther_99FS
September 27th, 2008, 13:29
Uhh...are we missing a couple of attached pictures here? I'd like to see that Frenchman's cap...and the digs and scratches too. :d

--> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=90

bearcat241
September 27th, 2008, 15:28
Oh yeah...i've seen that one. Yup that's a pretty dinged-up bird there; not much concern for cosmetics LOL; definitely a land-based squadron in the IC front. Shot down fighting the viet minh...

TARPSBird
September 27th, 2008, 18:42
LT LeRoy's helmet looks kinda like the ones you see the drivers wearing in old NASCAR videos from the 1950's. :icon_lol: