PDA

View Full Version : SSome sad news about Akemi current situation

thicko
January 23rd, 2009, 20:26
Hello All,
I just had the rare chance to meet up with a fellow CFS2 simmer from the other side of the world. Talos2005 was in Chicago for business and we got together for dinner with another long time friend of mine, Ignatz101. Ignatz101 is the guy who got me into CFS design. It just goes to show what can happen. We all had a great time discussing history over dinner.
But on a sad note, Talos2005 reports that Akemi has lost his employment position in real life and has suspended his CFS design work, for now. I do wish the best for Akemi and hope his job situation improves quickly. In the mean time, Akemi has forwarded me, through Talos2005, his current D3A2 Val project for completion. Which I will be honored to do for him and up-load here at SOH, with his full permission. It is completed , for the most part, except some of the texture mapping. But I will need some help. I am having problems opening Akemi's Adobe PhotoShop layered texture .psd files with my older Paint Shop Pro 7 and need some help converting the files into something I can work with.
I would like to keep as much as possible of Akemi's original work on the project and these texture file are mapped by him to the D3A2. The other option is my re-do of them.
So PM me if you think you can help.
Cheers Thicko

AGAS 5
January 23rd, 2009, 21:45
Hi thicko,

>>> the most important bit !!! Akemi, I hope your fortunes turn for the good soon.... in the mean time, keep ya head up and a smile on your face !!!

thanks for taking this on mate - we all appreciate it.

Can you describe the problem more ? are they not opening at all.... vector layers not working ?

I have Photoshop CS2 & PSP (? version) tucked away somewhere....

Pete

hewman100
January 24th, 2009, 02:07
That's terrible news, but unfortunately with the current global situation financially I fear it's likely to become more common.:frown:

I'm sure you will do his work the justice it deserves thicko.

Rami
January 24th, 2009, 02:20
Here's hoping Akemi's situation gets resolved quickly. :ernae: Hang in there!

kelticheart
January 24th, 2009, 02:43
Best wishes for a new and better job, Akemi-san!

Sometimes closing a door helps finding a better one: good luck!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

miamieagle
January 24th, 2009, 09:01
I love your work. You have been a tremendous assest to this community. I hope and pray that you will be able to find a new Job soon. I hope to see you building AC for the Imperial Arm Forces soon again. Take care of yourself and your Family.

Morton I have full confident that you will do a good job refining Akemi-san new Val. Thank you also!

Akemi-san Join our forum so we can keep in touch with you!

huub vink
January 24th, 2009, 09:52
That's really sad news about Hagu-Chu! I hope he will be able to find a new job soon.

Huub

Wulf190
January 24th, 2009, 10:38
Akemi, I hope your situation improves quickly, we need ya back on board with us!:woot:

And Thicko, if I can help in any way, just let me know and I'll see what I can do!

miamieagle
January 24th, 2009, 15:30
Iäm sorry I got wrong name when I made this comment

Morton I have full confident that you will do a good job refining Akemi-san new Val. Thank you also!

It was meant for you thicko

Jaxon
January 25th, 2009, 06:58
Very sorry to hear about that!

Akemi, all the best to you!

:wavey:

Oglivie
January 25th, 2009, 07:49
All my best for you Akemi, I hope your current situation improves.

Ravenna
January 25th, 2009, 16:41
Akemi, I hope that your talents are recognised and that you find a satisfying job soon. I wish you all the best.