PDA

View Full Version : Paris Airshow Demo Action FSX!(My New Video)

StormILM
August 9th, 2014, 20:07
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDvS21xY5Y

Victory103
August 10th, 2014, 06:30
Another great vid and the only film critique would be to look at getting Track IR for the VC shots, just to smooth over the transitions.

StormILM
August 10th, 2014, 12:04
Thanks!

yes, TrackIR is on the scope to do just that and I may use that in conjunction with EZDOK which I have seen some TrackIR users do with excellent transition renders.

TuFun
August 10th, 2014, 12:40
Thanks!

yes, TrackIR is on the scope to do just that and I may use that in conjunction with EZDOK which I have seen some TrackIR users do with excellent transition renders.

EZDok works fine for playback using the mouse for movement while recording videos. It's speed adjustable. I find it has more control than holding the space bar while moving the mouse.

Example of using EZDok VC movement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZNCn2pfroU

Keep those videos coming... so few videos at this site. Great job on your videos.

StormILM
August 10th, 2014, 12:51
Well TuFun, if i was on the fence about EZDok, not anymore. I just added it to my must buy list! Thanks, will do, and I'm about to do one with Ivan's Mig-21 and another with all 3 of Dino's F-35 variants showing them off a bit.

TuFun
August 10th, 2014, 12:57
If you are familiar with FSRecoder, then you can have all 3 variants flying together. Even more challenging is to fly all three in formation to test your formation skills.

EZDok and FSRecorder...

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lf50vlPHZU

StormILM
August 10th, 2014, 13:29
Ahhh, yes I used to use FSRecorder with my old PC with a Hyperthreading P4 processor/Windows XP and it ran very stable with FSRecorder but my new system is an i7 core with Windows 7 and I had some issues with the stability of FSR. Also, there was one errant camera view which was added to the view changes which placed the camera behind the VC. For whatever reason I could never figure out how to edit it out.

What version of FSR do you recommend and what view settings do you like?

robert41
August 10th, 2014, 13:47
Good video. I like the jet routine.
I have used FS Recorder now and then. With Win7.
Biggest thing is that FSR does not record many aircraft animations.
More complex aircraft some things do not show right.
Also, there is an issue with AI aircraft being twitchy when flying near them. The recommended fix is to set frame rates at 20. This seems to work.

TuFun
August 10th, 2014, 14:29
Ahhh, yes I used to use FSRecorder with my old PC with a Hyperthreading P4 processor/Windows XP and it ran very stable with FSRecorder but my new system is an i7 core with Windows 7 and I had some issues with the stability of FSR. Also, there was one errant camera view which was added to the view changes which placed the camera behind the VC. For whatever reason I could never figure out how to edit it out.

What version of FSR do you recommend and what view settings do you like?

Well I'm still using an old system (AMD 965 Black and ATI 5850) with Win 7 64 bit.

FSR I'm using is 2.181 alpha. I like the use of the tower cameras for those field flybys. With EZDok and FSR, I don't use the v key for vc. You can use profiles in EZDok for those fancy camera movements, but I don't use them. I just use the mouse to move around with. The EZDok camera is free floating so you can actually walk thru the cabin or field.

You can be really creative when making movies. Try walking up to your aircraft and climbing on the wing and jump into the cockpit or walk around aircraft. It takes a lot of time doing this cool videos.

Now back to what version. It's hard to say. I tried different version and some had issues, but the alpha version works for my system. Just have experiment with the latest versions to see which works the best.