PDA

View Full Version : Photo Scenery

UKVoodoo
August 8th, 2014, 08:01
Hi All

Is there a way to use photo scenery but be able to blend it to the surrounding default scenery?

Want to do local airfields to me but don't want the giant squares that come from the photo tiles....likewise dont want huge swaithes of area that I have to fill with autogen either (I'm not picky honest)

I've looked at blend masks but there always seems to be default scenery underneath...need a good tutorial if possible

Thanks
matt

falcon409
August 8th, 2014, 08:21
I did a 12 set tutorial on photo scenery using SBuilderX. Posted in the SOH download area. Just search my user name. If you're seeing default under the photoscenery then the blend isn't done correctly (I guess that was obvious, lol).

jmbiii
August 9th, 2014, 05:11
Ed's tutorials on photo scenery and SBuilder are very well done. It is well worth the time needed to download all the tuts. :encouragement:
I have used them for making my local scenery and others and am well pleased with the results. I have not uploaded any of my work although.

This is my personal experience and opinion. I have not received any monetary compensation from Ed for this endorsement.:biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

falcon409
August 9th, 2014, 07:40
. . . . . .This is my personal experience and opinion. I have not received any monetary compensation from Ed for this endorsement.:biggrin-new::biggrin-new:
lol, thanks. . . .lol, I like that!!

spatialpro
August 10th, 2014, 03:38
Which airfields in the York area are you interested in??

Andy

UKVoodoo
August 13th, 2014, 11:03
Sorry guys been away for a while :(

Thanks for all the information, ill get my head buried into the tutorials

Im looking at my local of Breighton Airtrooper, just want to update the VFR scenery to show then extended runway and just put some general buildings down to give it atmosphere

Thanks
Matt