PDA

View Full Version : My First "Edited" FSX Video

StormILM
August 4th, 2014, 18:10
Okay, in a little over 24 hours of time, I finally made the jump and bought Bandicam and at this juncture, I do not regret it. So for my first official edited video, I randomly picked the Nemeth Designs/Milviz UH-1H Huey as the subject. I am not a rotorhead so don't rag my chopper skills too much nor the rough spots in the video. I am quickly learning what I need to do to smooth things out in general performance settings and smooth out the rest in editing. In addition to Bandicam, all I am using is Microsoft Movie Maker, that is it. I am pleased with my efforts at this point and can tell that in due time I will be able to turn out much better videos. BTW, I made an error with the entry title mistakenly leaving off Nemeth Designs next the Milviz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVrfWw-GXSk&feature=youtu.be

TuFun
August 4th, 2014, 20:06
Cool chopper movie!!! Good landing!

Javis
August 5th, 2014, 04:35
I am not a rotorhead..

Yeah, yeah, that's what YOU say! With a landing like that !?? :mixed-smiley-010:

I'm trying to land them buggers ever since FS4 without being killed.... no use... gimme a fixed wing anytime! :santahat:

Congrats, Storm! Nice one ! :applause:

Can i ask you what Bandicam sound setting you use to capture the FSX engine sounds ? ( no luck here just yet.... )

cheers,
jan

StormILM
August 5th, 2014, 10:04
Thanks Jan!

Here is my settings for Bandicam:

If you still have trouble with the audio recording, I would consult them and see if there is anything missing or blocking your audio plug-in to that program. I know these things can be quirky by working for some people and not others. I've been through that problem all too many times!

Victory103
August 5th, 2014, 10:13
Agree Javis, not rookie maneuvers for sure as most would not know how to do the rotor-over/return to target (RTT). Looking at purchasing this program for making tutorials for various models in the future.

Javis
August 6th, 2014, 08:42
Thanks Jan!Here is my settings for Bandicam:

Thanks, Storm !

If i may trouble you with one more inquiry : in Recording Settings, what did you select as Primairy Device ?

As far as sound recording is concerned Bandicam reacts exactly the same as Shadowplay, no problem with other sims, like Railworks or SH5, only with FSX and only the engine sound is not recorded... I tried most settings in Bandicam but no luck yet.

Great Staf vid there ! Congrats! :encouragement:

Thanks, mate!

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
August 6th, 2014, 09:06
Please disregard, Storm, found it ! Yiiihaaa!! :cool:

Now tried 'Wave' for my audio device setting and that did it. All FSX sounds recording now !

Thanks much again for your help ! :encouragement:

Cheers,
Jan

StormILM
August 6th, 2014, 10:35
Great new Jan! Glad you got it working now.

So far, I am gaining skill at making FSX videos pretty quickly and now realize that it is not as difficult as I once imagined but also, I now see what I've been missing for so long!
:ernaehrung004:

CodyValkyrie
August 7th, 2014, 08:03
They're not difficult to make, yet. Keep making videos, and you will become your own worst enemy, and it will become harder and harder. Stop while you're ahead mate!

:D