PDA

View Full Version : Question for video people out there

PRB
August 1st, 2014, 16:12
So, you have all these video clips you made with Fraps. But you want to use bits and parts from these video files. For example, I want to extract time 2.00 to 6.50 seconds from file xyz.mpg, which lasts 30 seconds, most of which is of no value. Any free software that will do this?

Downloading AVS Video Editor 6.5 now. Looks promising...

napamule
August 1st, 2014, 17:25
PRB,
I just finished converting 339 Gb (GIG) down to 473 Mb. AVI clips (avg 2 minutes) going back to 2011. I still have 115 Gb to convert to WMV. Took me 2 days. Used AVS Video Converter. You can BATCH convert these individual avi video. You have to go 'Advanced' and tick 'Batch Mode'. Then you load 10 avi videos, and choose a name. I use year/month/day plus Sim. IE: '11June01 FSX'. Those 10 clips will be lumped together, so they should be 'related' (ie: same airplane).

Then you can inport that 'lumped' together WMV into Win's Movie Maker and edit out the parts you don't want. You can also work on sound (ie: increase loudness, mute, fade out, etc).

Then you can save as a 'Project' in case you want to add more footage later. Or just 'Save To Computer' as an WMV file, which you can then zip and upload to YouTube (which is what I do).

This company has very well written programs, which work as expected, yet have plenty of features. I paid $39 or so for the video converter and consider money well spent, as other programs did not work as well (especially the free ones). PM me and I can give you some tips, or answer some questions. Glad to help. I have been doing video (FRAPS / FSRecorder / Win Movie Maker) since 2007.
Chuck B
Napamule

PRB
August 1st, 2014, 17:49
Thanks Chuck. I've been playing with AVS Video Editor for the past hour or so. Looks like it does just what I want. Not free, but may be worth the low price.