PDA

View Full Version : reworking some of my scenerys for FSX

ian elliot
July 31st, 2014, 10:00
These days i fly more in FSX than in FS9, so im going back over my favorites and seeing what works and what doesn't, im quite spoilt in FS9 as i use EZ-scenery for object placement, unfortunately that program cant work in FSX so i have to learn and figure out placement of objects using ADEX,
Also, for the time being, im mainly using FS9 objects, i have a fairly low spec system but im still getting good performance so i guess i'll stick to what im used too.
Fist out the hanger is Wittmund, on the north German coast and home, untill last year, of the JG71 F4 fleet, i have a bit of tweaking to do but should be out over the weekend----

cheers ian

dhazelgrove
July 31st, 2014, 10:08
Lovely. Hopefully there will be lots of parking for AI.

Dave

falcon409
July 31st, 2014, 10:10
Instant Scenery is an option also. It has come a long way and has added a lot of new functions. ADE is cumbersome for someone who has used a "See and place" utility for any length of time, it's like placing objects in the dark and hoping they look ok when the sun comes up.

ian elliot
July 31st, 2014, 10:16
Lovely. Hopefully there will be lots of parking for AI.[/COLOR]

Dave]

Plenty of parking and a traffic file :encouragement:, although im not really satisfied with the ai aircraft im using

Instant Scenery is an option also. It has come a long way and has added a lot of new functions. ADE is cumbersome for someone who has used a "See and place" utility for any length of time, it's like placing objects in the dark and hoping they look ok when the sun comes up.

it sure is, its ok if there are thumbs for the objects but alot of packages have'nt, im a bit in the dark about Instant scenery, is it a payware program?

cheers ian

falcon409
July 31st, 2014, 10:27
[QUOTELovely. Hopefully there will be lots of parking for AI.
Dave]

. . .Plenty of parking and a traffic file :encouragement:, although im not really satisfied with the ai aircraft im using

it sure is, its ok if there are thumbs for the objects but alot of packages have'nt, im a bit in the dark about Instant scenery, is it a payware program?

cheers ian
Yes, payware from Flight1. The thumbs can be a drawback if there are a lot of objects in a particular library, but it still beats using ADE in my book. There is a Library Maker that installs with IS and once you figure it out, you can knock out all the objects that don't have thumbnails in pretty short order. Even without the thumbnails, when you select an object for use in the sim, that object appears in the sim and you can move through the other objects to pick the one you want. I've just learned to work around the lack of thumbnails and I wouldn't use anything else for object placement.

Butcherbird17
July 31st, 2014, 10:37
+1 on Instant Scenery 3, not only that it works in fs9 and P3D.:applause:
On your fs9 library objects, you can convert them to fsx library objects
using ModelConverterX. Then with IS3 library maker you can put them all
into one bgl.

Joe

UKVoodoo
July 31st, 2014, 11:17
Yeah I have to +1 for Instant Scenery, converted the textures to .dds on all my scenery libraries I had and not found a problem with one yet :jump:

delta_lima
July 31st, 2014, 12:11
This is great news, Ian. Your Singapore and Kharmsakar RAF bases are up in my favourite for retro RAF/RN FAA flying.

dl

Obie311
July 31st, 2014, 22:04
Yes, payware from Flight1. The thumbs can be a drawback if there are a lot of objects in a particular library, but it still beats using ADE in my book. There is a Library Maker that installs with IS and once you figure it out, you can knock out all the objects that don't have thumbnails in pretty short order. Even without the thumbnails, when you select an object for use in the sim, that object appears in the sim and you can move through the other objects to pick the one you want. I've just learned to work around the lack of thumbnails and I wouldn't use anything else for object placement.

I saw the video demo. Can you import other object libraries into IS 3 such as Sidney Schwartz or David L. French??

jmbiii
August 1st, 2014, 05:13
I saw the video demo. Can you import other object libraries into IS 3 such as Sidney Schwartz or David L. French??

Yep, you can.

GaryGB
August 1st, 2014, 08:20
Hello:

Instant Scenery version 3 (aka "IS3") sold by Flight1 is indeed compatible with FS9, FSX and Prepar3d (aka "P3d"), and was created by the same author of EZ-Scenery sold by Abacus: "Konstantin Kukushkin".

IS3 uses the mouse now, rather than the joystick , and there are many enhancements to its feature set beyond the more limited capabilities offered by EZ-Scenery.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=instscen

PS: EZ-Scenery will still install and work alongside IS3 in FS9, although IIRC, only 1 of them can be run at a time during a flight.

Hope this helps ! :mixed-smiley-010:

GaryGB

ian elliot
August 1st, 2014, 09:12
This is great news, Ian. Your Singapore and Kharmsakar RAF bases are up in my favourite for retro RAF/RN FAA flying.

Glad you like them dl, Khormaksar is probably my favorite also, unfortunatly, i have try'd it in FSX but it really doesn't work well at-all, i'll probably consider a new build rather than reworking the FS9 version, the main problems are with the coastline and landclass rather than the airfield itself. it would be easy to just place objects on the modern FSX airfield but alot of Aden int is now on reclaim'd land, about a third bigger than when the British flew from there in the 60's. were looking at a few months down the road i think.
cheers ian

ian elliot
August 1st, 2014, 09:17
Instant scenery really does everthing does'nt it, its EZ turned up to 11 :jump:, and it only costs about £15, i have a birthday coming up, i may treat myself :encouragement:
thanks for the info guys, ian

UKVoodoo
August 1st, 2014, 13:04
Looking forward to the reworks Ian, Hard drives full of your FS9 airfields :D

MCDesigns
August 1st, 2014, 14:19
Looking forward to the reworks Ian, Hard drives full of your FS9 airfields :D

same here! Great news!!:jump: