PDA

View Full Version : I need a joystick!

CybrSlydr
July 31st, 2014, 07:25
I need a joystick!

I have Oso's old X45 still, but it's losing it's center and it takes up a lot of space. For instance, I have the A10 module and it's an absolute bear trying to fly the thing because for one: it won't stay centered and two: the rudder is a rocker switch on the throttle.

I also have a MS Force Feedback 2, which I adore. It's got a twist rudder and a little throttle in just the right spot. It's also a smaller footprint. However, it's old and the FFB doesn't work anymore as the plug in the base has come unsoldered or something and won't work. Otherwise the stick works great - but have you tried flying a plane with a limp stick (no jokes, please lol)? It's tiring and hurts!

So, aside from grabbing another FFB2 off eBay, what sticks would you suggest? I don't have the budget for the Warthog flight stick or HOTAS from Thrustmaster. I'd prefer something with a throttle on the base rather than separate. And something DURABLE - optical sensors preferred as this FFB2 still doesn't lose it's center. Thanks!

Awesome
October 9th, 2014, 21:42
Cybr, it's bigger than you want, my my x52 flight stick with the throttle is quite nice. It was an upgrade over the x45. I haven't used it in years though. Like you, I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder that still works great. I think I loaned it to my friend.

dmaloof
October 11th, 2014, 18:58
Logitech extreme pro. no issues for years

http://gameshipper.com/products/logitech-extreme-3d-pro-joystick-silver-black?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=728626555&gclid=CL_P-KaPpsECFSVo7AodnXoA9w

Navy Chief
January 3rd, 2015, 14:20
Cybr, it's bigger than you want, my my x52 flight stick with the throttle is quite nice. It was an upgrade over the x45. I haven't used it in years though. Like you, I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder that still works great. I think I loaned it to my friend.

I wish Saitek would come out with a GOOD force feedback stick. Had one of those Microsoft sticks many years ago, and wished I'd kept it. NC