PDA

View Full Version : PTO Solomons Download Links, Comments, Questions

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 01:23
Here is the link for the PTO Solomon Islands Update 1.54.

http://www.koreanskies.com/Solomon_Islands_Update_1.54.zip

Make sure to install Build 1.4 first, then updates 1.00 through 1.40 before installing update 1.54.

Build 1.4 through update 1.4 can be found on the koreanskies website within the PTO Solomons Section.

Nonato
October 6th, 2008, 01:58
rbp

Is build 1.54 a new one? I mean, I have already PTO installed for about 6 months. I wonder if I already have it...:isadizzy:

Cheers

Nonato

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 02:21
If you have Rabaul in your install you have 1.54 installed.

rbp

Is build 1.54 a new one? I mean, I have already PTO installed for about 6 months. I wonder if I already have it...:isadizzy:

Cheers

Nonato

Nonato
October 6th, 2008, 04:07
OK
\

I got it

Thanks

N.

bwchaney
November 4th, 2008, 15:47
Am I correct in assuming there is no campaign with the pto solmons theater?

jldjs
November 13th, 2008, 06:34
Can't get these missions to work, PTO Solomons goes to desk top. Install calls for NEK. What is it and where is it? I have all the other "stuff" installed. Also, where is GroundCrew Spawn Disabler? What is that needed for? I looked at these missions with MB and noticed that many of the facilities objects were "unidentified" even though by type (palm tree, etc) they exist in my Facilities folder. Is this a clew?

O-1Driver
November 13th, 2008, 14:16
Can't get these missions to work, PTO Solomons goes to desk top. Install calls for NEK. What is it and where is it? I have all the other "stuff" installed. Also, where is GroundCrew Spawn Disabler? What is that needed for? I looked at these missions with MB and noticed that many of the facilities objects were "unidentified" even though by type (palm tree, etc) they exist in my Facilities folder. Is this a clew?

These missions will not work in PTO. They were built for CFS 3 a couple of years before Solomons PTO came out. I would not install them at all, just delete and discard them.

O-1

jldjs
November 18th, 2008, 10:25
Thx O-1. What about the Island Invasion mission? Can that be run in PTO?

hellcat44
November 18th, 2008, 19:23
I'm wondering if weather and time of day can be changed in the Solomon install? If so... how? Going to location and selecting cloud type and time of day isn't working for me. :banghead:

hellcat44
November 22nd, 2008, 08:34
(Bump)
Anyone?

rbp71854
November 22nd, 2008, 08:49
Yes in quick combat you can choose day or night only. Morning = daytime, Afternoon = night. CFS3 is hard coded for the european theater GMT. You should be able to change the weather in QC.

In the missions you can change the time of the mission to any hour of day. But because CFS3 is based on GMT you have to adjust the time to GMT time. You can use the following link to convert the time to Solomon Islands time. http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

hellcat44
November 22nd, 2008, 17:44
Thanks for clarifying my confusion.
The Solomons is clearly a great stand alone :applause:....my favorite place to dogfight challenging AI.

Foute Man
December 15th, 2008, 14:31
Aloha

Could someone shine a light on this matter? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5970

groeten!!!!!

rbp71854
December 15th, 2008, 14:39
Best to SOH PM Talon who is the resident expert officianado on US Navy camo schemes.

Aloha

Could someone shine a light on this matter? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5970

groeten!!!!!

miamieagle
December 28th, 2008, 07:49
Have you taken a look into this Website!

Take a look into this Website and tell me what you think about it! (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6578)

http://www.ijaafphotos.com/ (http://www.ijaafphotos.com/)

Perhaps you could make us some Japanese planes for us in future. Its all up to you but this Sims does have a great shortage of this type of planes. They are a ton of fun to fly with it you will only make this Sim better, more diverse and better in representing World war two its totality CFS3 style!:jump:

This is only a opinion
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/soh/buttons/report.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/report.php?p=68556)

danimalhanke
March 2nd, 2009, 07:59
Yes in quick combat you can choose day or night only. Morning = daytime, Afternoon = night. CFS3 is hard coded for the european theater GMT. You should be able to change the weather in QC.

In the missions you can change the time of the mission to any hour of day. But because CFS3 is based on GMT you have to adjust the time to GMT time. You can use the following link to convert the time to Solomon Islands time. http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Not to question your knowledge, but in MAW when flying a quick ALL the daytime options are available. Why is that?

TY

cristiano103
March 2nd, 2009, 08:27
Not to question your knowledge, but in MAW when flying a quick ALL the daytime options are available. Why is that?

TY

If I understood correctly it is because the theatre is more or less contained in the same time zone or at least in a tolerance of +/- 1 hour, but this is only my own opinion.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

waco
March 20th, 2009, 13:15
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not find a campaign in PTO. Was there or is there a plan for one?

Talon
March 20th, 2009, 13:34
There is no camapign for the PTO and no plans for one that I know of.

Talon

Phil
April 11th, 2009, 14:45
I recently had a system crash that caused me to restore my XP OS. This, of course, led to the reinstallion of everything, including the PTO series. I was able to reinstall CFS3 to its latest revision. I have accessed MAW, DPC Korea, and ETO without problems.

Yet each time I have tried to launch PTO, the program will freeze. I have recompiled the program from its 1.0 beginnings to its latest version. Yet it will freeze even after initializing the first launch via a FREE Fly.

If I Crtl/Alt/Del. The task manager will send me back to desktop eventually. There is an error bar message of length corresponding to PTO that I did save as a bmp. I do receive audio (Glenn Miller "In the Mood") in the background with the pilot frozen in front of a F4U.

So why does the program freeze? It had launched well in its former life. I am now XP Service Pack 3. CFS3 does launch as do the other exended programs such as DPC Korea. But PTO will initiate a launch, with some warnings that a guns and search light file are in conflict, or already in use, the screen will go dark, but WITHOUT the standard CFS3 video launch. Upon the striking of the match sound, I will receive a picture of an A6M over a fleet which will then transition to the main selection screen. Upon a Free Flight selection, the program will launch. But it will freeze at mission selection. A .bmp photo of the error message was taken, but could not be attached to this message. Advice toward repair is most welcome.

grizzly50
April 11th, 2009, 15:04
:kilroy:Phil, when does it crash? Immediately at clicking FLY in QC? If this is the case, make sure that everything is properly seleted in QC: location, etc. If all necessary items of info are not selected in QC (whether Free Flight, Dogfight, Intercept, etc) the game will probably CTD. Also, during installation of the 1.54 update, several airfields are mission-specific only, and will corrupt your global layer, and may even cause a CTD when installed without uninstalling certain other airfields. I hope that this helps.:d

Phil
April 11th, 2009, 16:09
Thank you Mr. Grizzly for the very prompt response. If I could I would attach the .BMP or send it via std email. Yet I see no private message area on this site to communicate. Nonetheless, the program will function in Free Flight which I do to initialize the new setup.

Your comment raised a point. In the installation of the later patches at MOD tool came up. During its run, I became greedy and transferred about 45/116 items approximate from the Right panel to the functional Left panel. This could have created a Mission Overload which is leading to the lock up or freeze which leads to the lenghty error message when I finally am able to exit the program. Assuming this is correct, how can I easily deactivate data in the MOD builder so that the minimum is crossed over and does not gum up the operations of the program.

OVER

popsaka
April 11th, 2009, 16:24
Phil, If you convert the '.bmp' to a 'jpeg' you can upload it right into this thread...

Also, beware of: corrupted '.xml's' & '.xdp's' as CFS3 won't stand for 'em... also your "multicfs" (by MW)... is that all on the up 'n up? good luck and I hope this helps :engel016:

Phil
April 11th, 2009, 18:44
Thanks Guys. Impatiently, I went back to the PTO install and re-ran the 1.54 install that ended with the Mod Loader. I cleaned all active locations from the left panel back to the right, leaving the left clean I believe. I then rebooted the system and restarted PTO from the desktop.

Again, there were only minor annoyances where a Guns and Searchlight file were flagged as in use. An OK click by passed this to a dark screen. Why is there no video as in MAW, ETO or Korea drawn from the original CFS3? I use the graphic as a key with the match strike as being a "signal" to launch to the extension. This "trick" has accelerated launch and avoided problems with DPC Korea in particular.

My first attempt to launch PTO this evening crashed. No CTD, just a Non Responsive program after three minutes. There were no foreground errors. Only after exiting did I meet with several warning panels which consistently stated that a Tempest_MKV "does not match the start tag 'AI'" then referencing an error in line 135, position 19.

I would copy this .bmp to jpeg but that exceeds my limited computer skills. My next launch of PTO went well to the airfield (surprisingly). I did Free Fly a F4U over the Solomons, though the location still indicated Henderson Field. The fly over was followed by trusty Mr. Blackburn until I exited the mission. Upon returning to the airfield, I was able to reconfigure the airplane and location on this Quick Combat panel. Yet when I went to the Mission Panel, and selected Mission. The game froze again. I exited following the traditional three-finger solution.

Any ideas?

Over

Phil
April 11th, 2009, 20:44
To my chagrin and frustration, I received the same launch problem and error messages with CFS3. MAW, Korea and ETO do all function inspite of file duplication reports and some SDK conflicts from rougue downloads.

I isolated the Tempest_MkV file from aircraft and related sound Tempest wav. in CFS3. This brought no joy in either program. I can reinstall CFS3. I can uninstall and then reinstall CFS3. Either action might only leave the supect file or extension still buried in the directory however. Believing it to be possibly or probably CFS3 contained, refected only in its launch and PTO, and no other extension program, I could vaporize the CFS3 directory and start from scratch. But there are so many addons, patches , extensions...Are there any more creative ideas out there than my nuclear solution?

popsaka
April 11th, 2009, 23:40
Try getting an XML app ...I use XML Shell ...with it one can test xml's and xdp's...
Tho' payware/free trial, it will locate problems and then one can use a text editor for repairs....
If yer following me so far and you're 'game' let me know and I'll go on (and on and on...) do not try to fix "preload.xml"

grizzly50
April 12th, 2009, 08:09
Thank you Mr. Grizzly for the very prompt response. If I could I would attach the .BMP or send it via std email. Yet I see no private message area on this site to communicate. Nonetheless, the program will function in Free Flight which I do to initialize the new setup.

Your comment raised a point. In the installation of the later patches at MOD tool came up. During its run, I became greedy and transferred about 45/116 items approximate from the Right panel to the functional Left panel. This could have created a Mission Overload which is leading to the lock up or freeze which leads to the lenghty error message when I finally am able to exit the program. Assuming this is correct, how can I easily deactivate data in the MOD builder so that the minimum is crossed over and does not gum up the operations of the program.

OVER

:kilroy:Phil,

If you have installed PTO Solomons Update 1.54, there is a folder in the CFS3 PTO Solomon Islands main game folder named "Update Read Me". Look inside this folder for a document named "Mission Scenedb Settings.rtf". This will tell you which mission-dependent airfields to uninstall normally.:d

Phil
April 14th, 2009, 11:06
I was having a monumental problem in reinstallation of PTO which then transitioned into a major campaign to retrieve functionality of ETO. The MAW installation through v1.31 was nothing by comparison.
Much was induced by user error. I failed to note the "options" tab on the version file download which facilitated a continuance of the installation process. The proverbial "clean install" proved unnecessary. A direct recopy of all versions in sequence proved sufficient. I did carefully validate or initiate each new version setup by attempting a program launch and a plane flight in Quick Combat. A compete and patient download and program initialization proved key. PTO has now launched on each of three attempts and the menus are accessible. My next project will be to copy-paste some of the spawns and missions accumulated over some time. In this regard, greater care is needed as file greed will definately lead to program conflicts, annoying warning panels and CTDs. WHAT MEANS ARE RECOMMENDED IN THE SELECTION OF PLANES, MISSIONS, SPAWNS, ETC. FOR PTO TO AVOID SUCH CONFLICTS?

daHeld
May 1st, 2009, 15:22
the download link provided seems to be broken.
As a matter of fact, I can't access the koreanskies.com website at all...
Is it still possible to download these files?

rt
May 14th, 2009, 03:55
With aproximately half the PTO missions I attempt to fly, as soon as I accept the mission, the game goes directly to the failure cut-scene, the man in the life raft.
Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?
Thanks,
RT

gwar
May 21st, 2009, 03:58
Phil, If you convert the '.bmp' to a 'jpeg' you can upload it right into this thread...

Also, beware of: corrupted '.xml's' & '.xdp's' as CFS3 won't stand for 'em... also your "multicfs" (by MW)... is that all on the up 'n up? good luck and I hope this helps :engel016:
why are they corrupt? were they released that way? and if so, why?
all i ever get is the bsod after about one minute of flight, or it just locks up my machine. this bites

O-1Driver
July 19th, 2009, 08:01
New Links on the Aussie Server for PTO

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=625

Emile
September 20th, 2009, 23:50
Hello,
Is there a site where I can find some valid missions , aicrafts, ships, ... for PTO?