PDA

View Full Version : Hanger Sale going on..

Lionheart
January 23rd, 2009, 15:14
Hey guys,

Just to let you know, I have a Hanger Sale going on.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Hanger_Sale

If you dont have any of these aircraft, and you might be interested in one, and you have money burning a hole in your pocket, then you might want to check things out.

Everything is roughly 40 to 50% off including the Epic LT turboprop and the Bellanca Super Viking, which are both 'pure' FSX models complete with DDS texture sets.

:ernae:

Bill

Note; Men with wives charge cards must show a permission to purchase pass, (cannot have all these angry phone calls coming in). :d

harleyman
January 23rd, 2009, 17:16
And such fine planes they are Lionheart....:applause::applause::applause:

Thanks.....

fsafranek
January 23rd, 2009, 17:31
I've moved some things around and made space for that Epic LT in the hanger.
But with 40 repaints out there to select from it's going to get tight in here again.

Thank you Bill.

harleyman
January 23rd, 2009, 17:33
I've moved some things around and made space for that Epic LT in the hanger. But with 40 repaints out there to select from it's going to get tight in here again.

Thank you Bill.

The black Harley paint by Sean is super fine.......

ryanbatc
January 23rd, 2009, 18:19
How is the Epic VC with regards to FPS?

It looks like a great model!

Kiwikat
January 23rd, 2009, 18:23
The Epic hits my FPS just slightly on my laptop. I generally get around 32 fps if its set to 35 (in the VC).

If you guys don't have the Epic, GET IT. IMO it is one of those must haves, and when it is on sale like this there's not much excuse not to get it. :wavey:

rohan
January 24th, 2009, 00:58
Bill,
thank you so very much for this. PayPal have finally realised the error of their ways and released the block on my account, so I've now been able to buy using the credit card option directly from you, instead of having to find another supplier who has your products. Many, many thanks for everything you do for this hobby, and especially for the many beautiful models you've created,
best regards,
Ro
:wave:

chinookmark
January 24th, 2009, 03:56
Even though I'm not a fan of turboprops ... I bought the Epic LT. I can see what all the rave is about! Now all I have to do is get the hang of taxiing, and not falling out of the sky on short final. :)

harleyman
January 24th, 2009, 04:20
Even though I'm not a fan of turboprops ... I bought the Epic LT. I can see what all the rave is about! Now all I have to do is get the hang of taxiing, and not falling out of the sky on short final. :)

LOL Been there ...Done that too.....

She likes to take time winding up on the ground for taxying..With little throttle advancement...

Landing she needs her throttle up about half or so...

What an awsome plane......

The Turbo Viking is a fantastic plane too..One of my most flown too....

chinookmark
January 24th, 2009, 06:29
I'm getting the landings ... still coming in too high and fast and having to dive for the runway, but I'm getting used to the power settings required.

Taxiing ... well, I've kind of come up with my own method. With the ECL in the ground detent, per the manual (50% on my X52 rotary, lever next to "T" in CONDITION), I set the throttle so I'm getting about 650-700 ft/lbs of torque, and control my speed with the prop lever. Probably not the "right" way, but so far it's the only way I can smoothly control the ground speed.

Two more stops and the Epic will have been to every airport in the freeware ORBX Tasmania demo. :ernae:

stiz
January 24th, 2009, 06:32
i'd love an FSX junkers ;) :d :wave:

Wiens
January 24th, 2009, 11:26
Bill,

Thanks!!! I just grabbed the EPIC LT for FSX; I had previously purchased your other titles in a "Hanger Sale". I won't be online for awhile, I'll be flying!!! :woot:

Kevin :d

Lionheart
January 24th, 2009, 13:04

Hey Chinook,

Yep, she is slow to spool up. Takes about 4 full seconds for your roll to begin. I usually put the throttle into the font area on the throttle facia for about 1 to 2 seconds, then reduce throttle to half that and she is starting to roll by then.

The actual Epic LT does the exact same thing and is touchy for first time pilots to get used to. On the Epic, compared with the PC-12 (same engine), in comparing them, the PC12 has a throttle restriction when on the ground, allowing only 50% or less power availability. The Epic has full 100% power availability, which makes the girl a bit fiesty on the ground. You can take off with 60% throttle quite easily.

I have a 'how to' video on flying the Epic here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPu3H2SX_rQ

OPu3H2SX_rQ

Its a low resolution film though. I am trying to get Quicktime high resolution movies going on the Epic site so you dont have to deal with the fuzzy YouTube versions, (and can then read the fonts and things on the panel). But, this shows you how the 'taxi' rollout is done.

Bill

Arkycharlie
January 24th, 2009, 13:43
Bill, I bought the Epic earlier today and she's a sweet flying bird. It takes a little more patience to taxi than a recip but nothing overly difficult about it. On my first flight, I took her to our local airforce base with a very long and very wide runway and it was a breeze to land. I look forward to building some hours in her. Thanks for the sale!!!!

charlie

RCAF_Gunner
January 24th, 2009, 16:02
Thanks for putting on the hanger sale Bill. I'm looking forward to flying the Epic LT and the Viking.

Cheers,
Rick

bkeske
January 24th, 2009, 16:18
That Viking is a gem. Enjoy.

Lionheart
January 24th, 2009, 16:53
Thanks guys,

Glad you are enjoying them.

Bill

harleyman