PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR docks Hamlin 75 points, suspends crew chief six races

Panther_99FS
July 29th, 2014, 17:54
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-docks-denny-hamlin-75-points-suspends-crew-chief-six-races-072914

wombat666
July 29th, 2014, 22:09
"12-1 -- Actions detrimental to stock car racing;"

That would cover anything and everything laid down by NASCAR.
:173go1:

stansdds
July 30th, 2014, 02:01
Evidently the firewall plates were rigged so as to allow cabin air pressure to escape, thus allowing the car to have more down force. Carl Edward's former crew chief did a similar thing with a cover plate in the rear of the cabin several years ago, the result was a severe penalty in points, money, and a crew chief suspension.

Panther_99FS
July 30th, 2014, 18:26
Ah the old IROC rule set.....:mixed-smiley-010:

stansdds
July 31st, 2014, 01:17
I don't understand why you cheat when you are already in the Chase. It makes no sense. This stunt could result in Hamlin starting the Chase with the lowest number of points, putting him in the spot for early elimination from the Chase.

Panther_99FS
July 31st, 2014, 17:43
I don't understand why you cheat when you are already in the Chase. It makes no sense. This stunt could result in Hamlin starting the Chase with the lowest number of points, putting him in the spot for early elimination from the Chase.

Was it cheating or was it a grey area that IROC (NASCAR) decided to be cheating?

wombat666
July 31st, 2014, 22:12
Funny set of moral standards apply to NASCAR, on one hand Smokey Yunick is revered as a much loved legendary character when in truth he was a crafty 'cheater'.
Not that it bothers me, he was IMHO a genius at rule bending!!
:triumphant:
Today the 'High Priests' hand out draconian penalties for seemingly minor infringements, while even the F1 movers and shakers are letting people get on with 'racing'.

stansdds
August 1st, 2014, 01:42
I think NASCAR has undergone some radical and ridiculous changes since Brian France was handed the role of CEO and chairman of NASCAR. It may be a generational thing, kids and especially grandchildren who are handed the keys to the family business often do not appreciate or understand what it takes to be successful.